SELECT CONTENT

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Page 56 of 81 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

@sosleepy Too cute, right? It's ok for some and not for others? I will never figure out that logic.
As I said earlier today--there are at least 5 past leads and F1's doing similar. So pot watch that kettle, hope ya both have a teflon finish.
IMO Let them all go for it. It seems more want the media stuff than not. I said a year ago she was waiting to springboard into the media field like Ali did. I feel sorry for the ones that didn't make it and sorrier for some of the others that keep trying and fail.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@sosleepy it's always a matter of time. Flipping houses might be too much work?

Totally agree. Always thought she'd go this path and it was just a matter of time. I'm not judging - I think she should go for it. But so much for the theory that she just wants her normal, isolated life in Dallas. laugh out loud More likely she is feeling she's more settled now post show, and she's finally giving it a go.

She's exactly like Ali to me. And it's obvious to me this was always her reasoning for doing the show in the first place.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:17 pm

No...she is not like Ali to me.
I did not like Ali on either of her seasons. I have done a 180. Ali came from modest means and has always been a hard worker. I loved her on First Look, that is when I started to look at her differently. I'm sure the shows helped her media career, but Ali never had anything but herself to fall back on.
I like JoJo, but she has a lot of media connections. Whether she earns her new role(if it is a new role) on her own merit or not, congrats to her.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:18 pm

I only wondered what took her so long. laugh out loud No shade, this is a good opportunity if she wants to break into hosting a la Ali (slim but hey, might as well try?) I could never picture JoJo flipping houses as a long term career. JMO.

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm

^ I don't think her reasoning for doing the show was to get job offers like this, but since she got them, she took them! She even said she was originally contacted to do Chris' season, went through the process last minute, and then dropped out, because she wasn't in the right headspace. And then went on to do Ben's season, after she was contacted again. Then she said it never even crossed her mind to be The Bachelorette and/or BIP, after Ben's season, because she was still in such a whirlwind journey, and was trying to process it all.

As I've always said, no one is going on these shows to just find love. The majority go on with the intent of having an interesting experience, fame, fortune, the possibility of love. It's to be expected. Especially in this day and age, where seemingly all of the contestants are trying to get something out of a show like The Bachelor/Ette. If they make it, more power to them! If they don't, job well done for at least trying! laugh out loud

IMO.

Last edited by Lennoxcolinrolland on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 pm

@bleuberry right like Lacy Faddoul running a nursing home. rofl cantstopl spitcoffee

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 pm

The difference IMO is that Jo never pretended to be above it. She does like her life in Dallas, that's been obvious IMO, but she's never said she wouldn't do certain things. Whenever she's been asked about hosting, other reality shows etc, her response is always (paraphrasing) "I'd think about it and if it makes sense for me, for my relationship, why not?". She's always been open to it. Unlike other people from this franchise, she's never said she just wants a quiet life, and she's never criticized any alums for taking opportunities that come their way. In fact whenever an alum does these things and she's asked about it, she's always very encouraging and positive. All JMO.

Last edited by ReneeM on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:22 pm

bleuberry wrote:I only wondered what took her so long. laugh out loud No shade, this is a good opportunity if she wants to break into hosting a la Ali (slim but hey, might as well try?) I could never picture JoJo flipping houses as a long term career. JMO.
She is currently still flipping houses, just as Jordan is currently still working for MetPro. They're technically both their own businesses, so I don't see them stopping them anytime soon. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Just to to make something clear: JoJo is working as a SPECIAL Correspondent for ExtraTv. Translation: she is only needed for special events. Aka: it's not a full time job.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by elena.shayk Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:23 pm

She is a special correspondent. Which means she isn't a regular but will be there when ever needed. And her house flipping job isn't a regular either so when she has spare time why not? It's a good opportunity, doesn't mean she is a famewhore. She has been very selective of what she does and hasn't taken every thing that has come her way so I don't see the problem.

Fight for the fairytale, it does exist. beatingheart
elena.shayk
elena.shayk

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Kashathediva wrote:No...she is not like Ali to me.
I did not like Ali on either of her seasons. I have done a 180. Ali came from modest means and has always been a hard worker. I loved her on First Look, that is when I started to look at her differently. I'm sure the shows helped her media career, but Ali never had anything but herself to fall back on.
I like JoJo, but she has a lot of media connections. Whether she earns her new role(if it is a new role) on her own merit or not, congrats to her.

Ali grew on me too, for all the reasons you stated. I didn't like her on Jake's season. Thought she was the leader of the clique against Vienna (NOT that I was a Vienna fan, but neither girl impressed me.) I didn't love Ali's season either - thought she was too OTT and never really saw it long term without Roberto. 

But Ali has won me over. She's so positive, uplifting, well liked. She's such a hard worker, you can't shade her for that. She's put in MAJOR effort to keep the status she keeps amongst the alums.

JoJo, to me is a lot like Ali. Maybe they will have the same trajectories in my mind. laugh out loud I didn't love her on The Bach, thought she was over rated.  Her Ette season was a big pile of meh to me. But maybe she'll grow on me like Ali did. 

Regardless, this is hilarious to me.

Also, I'm supposed to be impressed this is just "special correspondent part time" and she still wants the simple life? laugh out loud You have to start somewhere. Glad she's finally jumping on this. Good for her.

Last edited by sosleepy on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

They have done less promotion than others from this franchise and I personally think that's been pretty clear. I don't think anyone here has said they have done zero or that it's good for some, but not all. They're about a year together and it's only been the past month or so that JoJo has ventured out. Maybe JoJo feels like since it's been about a year, they're settled, they're solid and she's ready to try it out. 

It doesn't seem like the gig with Extra is full time. I'd still prefer someone from this franchise to go this route than the full out shilling of teeth whiteners, club appearance, blogs, etc. All JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 81 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

+47
Cila51290
Boshem
hae1001
traveler90
mprssdbyu