SELECT CONTENT

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 40 of 78 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 40 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:54 pm

casjacknick wrote:@Ash2214 Probably as many times as he told both of his final two he loved them. When Ben messes up he goes big.
laugh out loud True

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 40 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:02 pm

mindless wrote:I finally watched. I sort of get where Ben's coming from. They don't seem to have the best communication and I think with his insecurities he's scared of really expressing himself to her in case she doesn't take it so well. It's like he thinks that once they truly get to know each other inside and out, she won't love him anymore and that's why he wants to slow things down. That's the impression I got during the therapy discussion. I think he needs someone who pretty much thinks the sun shines out of his behind in order to feel secure and loved, and Lauren does not act like it. She's often a bit dismissive of him, rolling her eyes at him, acting like she's embarrassed of him, which I can't really blame her for, since he's a dorky man baby, but then again I'm not the one who's supposedly in love with him. What I mean is that Lauren doesn't exactly act like his "biggest fan", which is what he said he wanted. She also doesn't strike me as the easiest person to talk to, since she seems to shut down pretty easily. That's not to say she doesn't love him, she just doesn't stroke Ben's ego the way he might want her to.

Ben, on the other hand, isn't the most empathetic of people, I'm sorry to say. He talks a good talk, but I don't think he fully means what he's saying a lot of the time. He's such an overthinker he can make up these grand speeches in his head, but are his words really 100% genuine or is he just saying what he thinks sounds good? He was acting so relieved and even smiley after telling Lauren the wedding's off, even though she was clearly really upset. Even if it was something he needed to get off his chest, you'd think he'd act more sombre and concerned about Lauren's feelings rather than just happy to get out of something he didn't want to do. He's so wrapped up in his own feelings that he has trouble putting himself in other people's shoes. I also didn't like the fact that he seemed to be trying to bribe Lauren into not being upset with the car and the new furniture, but I doubt he paid for any of it himself anyway, so it was probably all scripted. Then again, if his only attempts to make Lauren happy didn't even come from him, then what does that say?

JMOAA.
Wow. I agree with every single word of this. Splendid job on capturing what I think are true faults for/of both of them. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:05 pm

I don't watch the show, I just read these. Lol

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/ben-lauren-happily-ever-after-recap-season-1-episode-5-and-6.html

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 40 87b72b10 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 40 86669110 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 40 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by lynnb Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:22 pm

@sosleepy i can see your point on this. good reply post. but there is also the way she looks at him with a "warning" in her eye as though "are you about to disappoint me?" as though she just wants him to go with the flow without realizing that he is needing more time with her as a couple without media to discover who they are and plan their life events rationally. I have known so many girlfriends like her who control their husbands by a look or a disclaimer as she has with her list of sacrifices and overlook that fact that they are in love with someone who is not as strong as they are possibly. She chose a needy man. He chose a controlling woman. i feel she would make his life miserable (never able to please her completely) if he doesn't run for the hills and find his real soul mate.

lynnb

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:24 am

http://www.etonline.com/news/203032_exclusive_ben_higgins_and_lauren_bushnell_are_happier_than_ever/

I'm sure filming put this strain on their relationship, IMO. Long hours, producers setting up scenes, and spending 24/7 with each other would wreak havoc on most new couples relationship and intimacy. They went on vacation, went to Honduras and the holidays are coming so lots of quality time together without cameras which is what they've needed and have needed but that's their business and they are in it to learn from each other. Counseling seems to be encouraging them to communicate more which is a good thing.

I do wonder if this is all real and they do want to hold off, can they? It's been talked about that a televised wedding when TPTB want it is likely part of their contract. They seem to love Ben so would they make an exception? They were approached more than once for this show when they initially turned it down.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:32 am

IMO, the next show we will see how they are still together, the wedding will happen and then it does.

They are still together with regards to their Sm, they still seem to be showing a LOT of PDA in it and when you look at it, this epi was likely taped weeks to months ago so if you backtrack through their SM, they are still together for sure and have recently gotten their engagement pics done at the same ranch/vineyard that Kaitlyn/Shawn and Chirs/Whitney had their dates at I think.

http://www.theknotnews.com/lauren-bushnell-ben-higgins-engagement-photos-malibu-15054?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_content=nov2016&utm_campaign=news

I'd highly doubt that they'd recently have those pics done and released if there is a problem with their relationship and the wedding for that matter.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10794

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 am

FMG2015 wrote:http://www.etonline.com/news/203032_exclusive_ben_higgins_and_lauren_bushnell_are_happier_than_ever/

I'm sure filming put this strain on their relationship, IMO. Long hours, producers setting up scenes, and spending 24/7 with each other would wreak havoc on most new couples relationship and intimacy. They went on vacation, went to Honduras and the holidays are coming so lots of quality time together without cameras which is what they've needed and have needed but that's their business and they are in it to learn from each other. Counseling seems to be encouraging them to communicate more which is a good thing.

I do wonder if this is all real and they do want to hold off, can they? It's been talked about that a televised wedding when TPTB want it is likely part of their contract. They seem to love Ben so would they make an exception? They were approached more than once for this show when they initially turned it down.
I don't even think negotiating with TPTB will be a problem, because they ARE going to get married in the next few months IMO. That interview with ET today pretty much solidified that IMO. They basically said that they're more relaxed now and yada yada.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:36 am

Aunties_Love wrote:IMO, the next show we will see how they are still together, the wedding will happen and then it does.

They are still together with regards to their Sm, they still seem to be showing a LOT of PDA in it and when you look at it, this epi was likely taped weeks to months ago so if you backtrack through their SM, they are still together for sure and have recently gotten their engagement pics done at the same ranch/vineyard that Kaitlyn/Shawn and Chirs/Whitney had their dates at I think.

http://www.theknotnews.com/lauren-bushnell-ben-higgins-engagement-photos-malibu-15054?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_content=nov2016&utm_campaign=news

I'd highly doubt that they'd recently have those pics done and released if there is a problem with their relationship and the wedding for that matter.
The engagement pics were filmed for the show. And the counseling session was filmed in September. And yes, they're still together. That's not the "issue", the "issue" is that Ben supposedly doesn't want to get married right away, because he feels they're (he's) not ready yet. They never said they were going to break up, they actually reinforced the opposite many times already.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:53 am

This all goes back to was this "issue" even real, or is it contrived drama for the show? I'm going with the latter.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:16 am

Have not posted in awhile but wanted to come in and comment on Ben and lauren. Wow! A little surprised but not totally shocked. Ben seems like a sweetie but VERY immature. I think he is having difficulty going through with everything. no idea Seemed more than just a case of producer manipulation. Ben always struck me as someone who has a hard time making a decision. Didn't we see this when he told Jo he loved her too?

Well....not sure if this is a case of cold feet, or he truly feels rushed and pressured. He seemed believable when he said he needed more time to get to know Lauren better. (I think this was how he phrased it.) In the end, this was surprising but I have not followed them post season. I have no doubt he loves Lauren, and I guess we will either see a wedding in a few months, or not. Now off to catch up on a few threads. Hope all is well with everyone. Smiley

soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30 am

lynnb wrote:this girl is so NOT right for him. ***IMO*** She is an entitled pretty girl, not a soul mate. She wants this and that for them, she gave up her job, she moved to Denver...not even noticing her future husband needs her to slow down and let them breathe and get to know each other.  She is probably used to being spoiled by men (knows nothing about him then tells him she knows him better than he knows himself!) how sad for Ben to have such a self oriented girl he's in love with caught up in the dream of marriage and self-entitlement without being his true best friend and partner. she doesn't know what real sacrifice is in love, all she knows is what she wants. *** IMO***

Regarding the bold, I have always been saying this. I never understand why Ben picked her, since Day 1 she is a queen needed to be praised, IMO. I don't know why Ben thinks she is such a prize that needed to work hard to get. And I always question how emotionally they are at the same page and connected since all I heard from Lauren was "Ben-nnnnnaaaahhhh". They never seem to be able to communicate very well and very deep, according to my observation during the airing. Ben always seem to be very nervous around her, pleased her like she is the Bachelorette and worried he would not be picked. And it sounds like these issues still exist in real life.

And I too agree that Lauren probably is more in love with the idea of being the F1 and everything that comes along, than she was in love with Ben himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:47 am

Ben is a really difficult person, IMO. He's in a constant need of fangirling and fawning over himself, he's incredible insecure and in need of coddling. He lives for grad gestures, but isn't prepared to do the leg work to own up to the grand gestures.
IMO Lauren has bent backwards to do the actual leg work for this relationship, and IMO, Ben is taking it for granted. He's not meeting her half way, and is very hesitant to do any compromises himself.

Did I read it correctly, that Lauren was more hesitant to do this reality show, and Ben was more eager? But then he comes up with something like they haven't had time to really get to know each other. Yeah, with the camera crew around, it is kind of hard, but you wanted it. He propsed to Lauren twice very publicly, said in every possible interview that he'd marry her tomorrow, if he could. None of this he's willing to back up.

Dear goodness, if it was me, in Lauren's shoes, I'd walk. She deserves better, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 78 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
mamahamme
SarahD
sublime
Seabear
Newt