SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 35 of 72 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 53 ... 72  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

photoshoot - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Sundy Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:05 am

in_denial wrote:
brownravens wrote:Sportsbet has Lee shortening and Matty going out. Lee was at $1.50 and Matty was at $2.50 earlier this week...

photoshoot - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 35 Screen13

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/entertainment/the-bachelorette/The-Bachelorette-2892033.html?QuickLinks

I still don't fully understand how Sportsbet works...

I'm not exactly sure but my husband informed me tonight after hearing me talk about Bach for the past few years he wagered a bet on Matty in September at 10:1. Suppose I will be #chickendinner if he is F1. Think I might just keep my thoughts to myself from now on duh
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

photoshoot - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by brownravens Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:07 am

@in_denial So the ways gambling works in general is that bookies (such as Sportsbet) look at a contest and place a monetary value of return on the outcome, then the person that places the bet can earn a return on a successful outcome. So for example based on the above rates for every $1 you put on Lee you would get a $1.40 back.

The odds themselves are a initially determined by the bookies and then as move money is placed on an outcome, the value changes. More money means the return goes  down or become less i.e $1.50 to $1.40 in the case Lee. This means betters think this outcome is more likely Smiley

Hope that helps!!

Last edited by brownravens on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by carraiger Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:07 am

I don't want to spoil the Australian Survivor finale that is on tonight but the article below shows that betting agencies don't want to lose money and suggests to me that Lee will be F1 given the current odds

http://www.beforeyoubet.com.au/2016-australian-survivor-betting-tips

I'm interested to hear what has happened in the past re bookie favourites.
carraiger
carraiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:09 am

Does Sportsbet know who the winner is? Or are the odds based on how many bets a contestant gets? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

Last edited by in_denial on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:10 am

carraiger wrote:I don't want to spoil the Australian Survivor finale that is on tonight but the article below shows that betting agencies don't want to lose money and suggests to me that Lee will be F1 given the current odds

photoshoot - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 35 Img_8211

This is a summary of Bach 4 Smiley
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:12 am

in_denial wrote:Does Sportsbet know who the winner is? Or are the odds based on how many votes a contestant gets? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

in some cases they are tipped of by large bets but it depends on rumours/media etc. In Alex's case it was widely known she had won by the media but not sure about this season... Lee has been tipped as the favourite all season by almost every media outlet.

None of these are dumb questions! Don't worry Smiley
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by carraiger Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:13 am

brownravens wrote:
carraiger wrote:I don't want to spoil the Australian Survivor finale that is on tonight but the article below shows that betting agencies don't want to lose money and suggests to me that Lee will be F1 given the current odds

photoshoot - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 35 Img_8211

This is a summary of Bach 4 Smiley

Thanks for that. I think it gives more weight to the Lee F1 argument, Nikki's popularity would have resulted in the betting on her but I suspect that Sportsbet may have inside knowledge given the pre-record of the show.
carraiger
carraiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:13 am

in_denial wrote:A very interesting article about the show

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tahliapritchard/things-make-more-sense-now?utm_term=.xpW5BYypm5#.xkAOa20xMO

Yeah, it sounds like what is known for this show. However, compared to other franchises, I think the AU franchise is one of the nicest. They dress the contestants for CP/RCs which is unique and actually seem to have a less stringent filming schedule (although the Bach AU is really long at 3 months filming).

The interesting part to me was this comment by Courtney, which I can definitely see happening with the Bette AU show (not so much the Bach) and F1 getting a better edit. That Matty's M&G was so quick and more hidden and no CP chat shown first episode makes me think it was not included because it won't fit the narrative (easier for G to just say she thought he was cocky when she met him than for the show to show that he was cocky). If Courtney knows who wins and F1 is Matty then I think he is illuminating a bit of how it all works and how someone can get a good edit but have not so good moments and OTOH someone who is good can get a bad edit (I happen to think they are all in between somewhere). Courtney has also had lots of experience with cameras and production so I think his POV is pretty spot on

“At the end of the day it’s a television show,” Courtney said. “They’re building the fairytale. If you’re the person that’s standing there at the end, you’ll be portrayed as very lovable. If you’re not, then you’re portrayed a little different!”
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:14 am

for the record too my husband tells me he could have bet as much as he liked on Matty. The bet was made on 28/9. Not sure if that means anything to anyone?
Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:14 am

@carraiger Alex was the favourite with Sportbet for most of the season until the last week... just FYI
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by carraiger Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:15 am

brownravens wrote:@carraiger Alex was the favourite with Sportbet for most of the season until the last week... just FYI

Thanks. It will be very interesting to finally find out on Thursday!!
carraiger
carraiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:17 am

does anyone know if Georgia spent time in Sudney or elsewhere after the FRC. This may not be accurate but If it is Georgia didn't get back to Melbourne until 3/9 photoshoot - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 35 76376E9E-1395-447E-BC1B-424D14717A05
Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 72 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 53 ... 72  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+52
Al
ssin0547
Valancy
bellehuntley
mrsT
LoveDovez
Ihavecourage
anadimi23
lightredemption
porcelainpony
Sunnyandhappy