SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 58 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Sophie Monk is officially the Bachelorette for 2017

Australia, we're thrilled to introduce our Bachelorette. Sophie Monk will join us in 2017 as she sets out to find an honest, kind and real Australian man to spend the rest of her life with. #BacheloretteAU by @bacheloretteau

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by robinvi Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Holy moly, I am shocked a real celebrity season that true and not a rumor. I am not sure if I am excited. She is not my favorite but she does have lots of personality.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

This show has officially jumped the shark, IMO. hmmm
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:17 pm

@AllAboutLove this is what happens when the americans (which I am) come over and focus solely of rating and money and not content. We will see, I should give her the benefit of the doubt until her season airs.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Ummmmm WTF? hmmm I'm not excited at all. This is going to be a trainwreck IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Oh, it's not Nikki. sad

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:24 pm

peggy0221 wrote:Oh, it's not Nikki. sad

#teamNikki4life
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Even the Americans don't have celebrities of this caliber as their leads. So to me this is solely on the Aussie network themselves and yes, totally a ratings ploy IMO and going by the comments on IG, a very controversial decision already.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:31 pm

pvpr wrote:Ummmmm WTF? hmmm I'm not excited at all. This is going to be a trainwreck IMO.

OMG - ITA this season is going to be a train wreck!

She's a mess and I think the season is going to be one very sticky yucky dirty mess.

I never thought those rumours were true and I'm totally in shock. I had really hoped that they would choose Nikki and they chose someone her complete opposite. I can't even imagine the guys they'll get for her... I just can't even......

What do the Aussie posters think? She does not have a good reputation in NZ at all - anytime I read about her it's about something outrageous that's she's done.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:32 pm

She is 37, that's why they upped the age range in the casting call. All makes sense now.

Ps. not knocking her age just commenting in reference the the age change we were speculating on.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Holy Cow.  Did not see this one coming at all!  

Not disappointed though - I quite like Sophie. Haven't followed her radio career but I remember her from her first TV appearance on the Bardot reality show (where they put together a girl band, back in 2000-2001?) and remember being surprised at how witty and intelligent she is - definitely not the ditzy blonde bimbo one might expect if they were being judgmental based on her outward appearance.  

I think it will be a different season to previous but that's not a bad thing.  Sophie is well polished and practiced in front of the camera (not unlike Georgia in that sense) but I have a gut instinct she will be more "real" than G who I found had her "TV face" on a lot of the time which made her hard to read IMO.  I think Sophie might surprise a lot of people and I look forward to sleuthing her season.

All JMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:09 pm

pvpr wrote:I think that's what they're relying on to get higher ratings. The problem is they've gone too far the other way - from a complete unknown to a celebrity. A returning contestant like Nikki would've been a perfect medium IMO - well known enough to draw in viewers, but not a high profile celebrity who is clearly not genuine about 'finding love', and whom the contestants are clearly not interested in 'finding love' with. They'll get high ratings in episode 1 because people will tune in out of curiosity but it'll drop off very quickly after that. This is going to bite them in the azz, IMO.

Re: the bold, just wondering what this is based on?  

I just read the news.com article http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/sophie-monk-is-hoping-to-be-lucky-in-love-as-channel-10s-new-bachelorette/news-story/d93ff2377c62e02a47a4ea5115f3138e and everything Sophie says there makes it sound like she is genuine about finding love.  It makes perfect sense to me that she would want a different/normal guy to the celebrity type she usually goes out with, and there wouldn't be many avenues for her to meet people in her everyday life because she is so high profile.

Similarly, re: the guys, casting for the Bachette started ages ago so presumably they'd have no idea it was going to be Sophie? So who's to say they aren't interested in finding love with her? Yes they'd also be interested in small-time fame - as would any contestant on a reality show -  but Sophie would probably need to be with someone at least mildly keen on show-biz, because it's her world.  They'd be just as likely to be there for the right reasons as any other previous contestant, IMO.  I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 58 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+43
Pongo
Madgp
sd92
BlueJeans
AllAboutLove
ssin0547
AEF
ForestForTrees
Storybook
stoneleigh
smittywitty