SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 58 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:47 pm

I doubt Nikki turned it down. I think the show wanted to go in a different direction and didn't want Nikki. The ages of the men to be cast were a giveaway IMO from last year (casting for much older men) and I think TPTB wanted Sophie back then when they increased the casting age for the men which would make much more sense given Sophie is 37.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am

That's kind of annoying that they're still casting which means all the guys know she will be The Bachelorette. I think I prefer watching that first meeting when they lay eyes upon that person for the first time not knowing who it will be. How many guys will apply now just because she is famous? I'm so bummed. I was looking forward to either Nikki or a new face. As much as I'm sure Sophie is a nice person, I just really dislike her sense of humour and the constant dumbing down of herself. The first 3 YouTube interviews I watch of her were of her making comments saying "I'm dumb" or "is this dumb". I just really dislike that quality and think that men and women shouldn't dumb themselves down for whatever reason. She does it on the radio a lot. All JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:42 am

I'm also curious about which kind of guys will get casted for this? Georgia really had a great group of guys that helped shape her season Cam, Lee, Matty, Jake and even a few guys bumped off earlier like Ryan were gems. As she is 37, I think it's going to be really hard to find enough guys above 30 to make the show. I actually liked the cuteness that Cam and Matty brought. Essentially they will be looking for Lee types I guess but how many of him exist? I'm sure they could cast some younger guys but I feel like some of the younger ones might be a bit intimidated by her celebrity? Apart from Benji Madden and Sam Worthington I read an article this morning that she also slept with Jason Statham and Kevin Connolly. I can imagine and every day guy could be quite intimidated by that. All JMO

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:58 am

Don't know Sophie Monk but wonder if announcing it now, while Matty's season is still filming is a way to take some limelight from him? Maybe his season is not going well. I'll be bummed if that happens though.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:27 am

I think they announced it early to coincide with the Logies (Australias less awesome version of the Emmys) and also to try to get more participants (still casting). JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 am

https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/35142276/osher-gunsberg-hints-nikki-gogan-rejected-bachelorette-opportunity-yahoo-7-be/#page1

Osher suggests that Nikki didn't want the gig which is a shame I think she would have been fantastic.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:37 am

Sophie is being interviewed on the Project right now. Her voice is totally grating on me, and she sounds like such a bogan. REALLY not looking forward to this season.

I guess if Nikki turned them down they needed to come up with some gimmick. :angryemotion
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:57 am

Her voice is quite irritating, I agree, she is a bit of a bogan or at least acts like one for whatever reason. What I don't understand is, after reading a few articles today, she doesn't exactly bring the ratings up on anything. She gets used a lot for different shows etc but none of the shows last which makes me think why would they select her coz I can't see her ratings being that high. I don't know I haven't watch much Bach but I prefer to see that young, innocent, naive love and I just don't think I'm going to see it with Soph and whichever guy she ends up choosing. I guess I like the vulnerability and she isn't vulnerable at all. All JMO

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:30 am

Grrrrr! Would have preferred Nikki

Osher Gunsberg hints that Nikki Gogan was REJECTED as the Bachelorette

http://dailym.ai/2q67GlX
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am

Okay so I watched the interview twice and the thing that stood out to me is she seemed almost a little bit embarrassed to admit that she was doing it. Like when the hosts were asking her, she just didn't have much conviction that she absolutely wanted to do this. I also had the impression that the hosts were thinking "why are you doing this?" The other thing is Channel 10 would have to be paying her a decent amount of money. I doubt she would do it for the standard 50K. All JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:09 am

Her voice! I really don't know how I will sit through a whole season listening to that...

Still think that she is a bizarre choice. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:42 am

IMO it is such a bizarre choice and a bizarre move for her. I mean radio host, judge on Australia's got talent, actress, dated Hollywood big wigs then to want to do The Bachelorette? It's almost like a backwards step career wise. Is she genuinely going to be happy with a marketing manager or sales associate pulling 65k a year? It just doesn't really fit.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 58 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+43
Pongo
Madgp
sd92
BlueJeans
AllAboutLove
ssin0547
AEF
ForestForTrees
Storybook
stoneleigh
smittywitty