SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Page 38 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 pm

cookielover12 wrote:If Kaitlyn really wanted to be on DWTS when it was offered and when Mike Fleiss stopped her, why didnt she say something then? She only started complaining because she saw that Nick got the gig.

Actually it was speculated about then, not from her saying anything directly, but from what I recall there were some hints at it from rumors about DWTS casting in articles and her tweets indicating something exciting fell through. I can't remember the exact details on that though but I remember discussions on here about it. She has talked about it before too I think, just not that directly (IMO, from what I recall).

Personally, I love it that she outed this situation to the public. I think overall in so many ways the women from this show get substandard treatment compared to the men. And the men getting such a huge financial payout after the show without the Ettes getting the same opportunity sucks, especially since I think the women leads provide a much better show product IMO. I'm really glad Kaitlyn called out TPTB's gender bias (IMO).

Now, I do concede that after her spoiling her own season, TPTB may not have wanted her to be rewarded further by the network which had nothing to do with being an Ette, so in that case I can agree with their refusal as a business decision to not offer it to her on those grounds. Like Juan Pablo IMO really wanted and expected DWTS but didn't earn it by being a good boy for TPTB. But other than him, of recent Bachelors, Sean, Chris, Ben and Nick all got a second paid tv appearance (DWTS or Ben's show). How many Ettes over those years have received a second pay day from ABC?

I'm glad to see all the tweets MF got calling him out thanks to what Kaitlyn tweeted. IMO there are things that are worthy of being pissed off about and saying so. Glad she spoke up, JMO.

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:05 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:She'd be done after a week of 8 hour rehearsal and practice sessions. IMO

I'm not so sure she could make it through even one 8 hour rehearsal... Not sure they have booze in the practice rooms!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Speaking of JPG, the same thing happened to him. I'm not sure he had a contract, but on the ATFR he alluded that's where he was heading. I'm sure MF wanted him to work on his relationship too. Hugesmile

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:37 pm

@GuardianAngel rofl
I think that DWTS "contract" is dangled in front of the lead like a new set of car keys are to a eager teenager.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by terrypat Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Probably,but how many bachelors get the opportunity to go on Dancing with the stars,compared to Ettes...Not really fair.I am just glad that sexist Fleiss got called out,and keeps sticking his foot in his mouth.It is enjoyable to read the tweets to him. Smiley

terrypat

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by dina Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:06 am

I'm proud of her and i don't care if other people don't like her. She is badass
http://www.etonline.com/news/211846_kaitlyn_bristowe_explains_why_bachelor_creator_mike_fleiss_wouldnt_allow_her_on_dancing_with_the_stars/
dina
dina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 am

It's not like every Bachelor has gone to DWTS the number is literally so low that complaining about you not having the opportunity seems ridiculous, IMO. It's been 2 years already. She's just mad she didn't get the opportunity since it's easy cash and in her mind she would've made it far and even won. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by dina Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:33 am

But in all honestly when i put myself in her shoes i understand her. DWTS gave her the opportunity to do what she LOVES but MIKE did not let her do it. Not only that , mike later let bachelors after her to do what make them happy. (the article that i shared above explains that ben given the choice to choose between DWTS/ own show).

Cila51290 wrote:It's not like every Bachelor has gone to DWTS the number is literally so low that complaining about you not having the opportunity seems ridiculous, IMO. It's been 2 years already. She's just mad she didn't get the opportunity since it's easy cash and in her mind she would've made it far and even won. JMO
dina
dina

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:38 am

To me she sounds like a fricken five year old. I see she's bringing up the wedding again. She IMO has zero class and if she thinks ABC MF and company are going to change anything because Kaitlyn Ruined my Foiler Show loudmouth Bristowe is whining, she couldn't be more wrong IMHO. She's going about this IMO the same way she goes about everything else, including her stance on bullying.

How many previous ettes' were there that expressed a desire to be on the show? Des I don't think would have wanted to do it, Ali IIRC said she didn't know how to dance. MeAndi and MeAnna IMo weren't interested? I would like to know the number of past bachelorettes that expressed a desire to be on DWTS.

http://www.etonline.com/news/211846_kaitlyn_bristowe_explains_why_bachelor_creator_mike_fleiss_wouldnt_allow_her_on_dancing_with_the_stars/

Bristowe concluded her statement by telling ET that down the road, she hopes her message will enact change for the females of Bachelor Nation.

"My hope in speaking out is that future Bachelorettes are given the same opportunity as Bachelors," she said. "Whether it be a wedding, to dance, or another show. (Ben [Higgins] had the decision to do dancing or his own show.) Just to be treated the same -- to choose whatever will make them happy."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 am

Somehow I just don't buy that she's making these comments just so future Bachelorettes get all these opportunities. Her motives are far more selfish, I just can't figure out what they are. JMO

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 38 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 38 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 38 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 am

But @dina, that's really beside the point imo. The network or the producers owed her nothing at all. THEY choose who goes on these shows based on their own criteria; and yet she and others are acting like it was a rite of passage that was due her since it was given to others. She proved herself to be more of a liability and nuisance to them, so she wasn't worth the risk, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:43 am

MF and company gave her the opporutnity to be on two seasons TB and be a lead on her own show. She travelled, had wardrobe, had everything at her finger tips.

She messed up, and not only did she mess up, she continued to bad mouth everyone and anything she could with the exception of herself. She's throwing in future 'ette BS to look good. How does she know there are any future 'ettes that want to be on?

Jake Sean and CS didn't eff up their seasons.

If you do something wrong at work, will your boss give you a promotion?

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

+104
Billysmom
terabithia
notarose
Mozhi1
Vrenessa