SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly & Robert Graham - Bachelor 20 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ad - Becca Tilly & Robert Graham - Bachelor 20 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 17 Empty Re: Becca Tilly & Robert Graham - Bachelor 20 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by mindless Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Well in typical Becca style she apologised for offending anyone in the end. I think they should just ignore the crap too, but I guess it gets hard sometimes when it's daily, and to be fair Lauren gets it pretty bad. I recently started an IG account that isn't even about me, it's anonymous and about a certain topic, yet occasionally someone leaves a rude comment and I'm always itching to type a sarcastic reply. laugh out loud I thought I had thick skin, but I just find the lack of basic manners so jarring! I can't even imagine getting rude comments about my appearance and everything I do on regular basis. It's lucky I have zero desire to lead a public life, because my tongue would be bleeding. Obviously there's no reversing bad upbringing, but it doesn't seem like ignoring the trolls works either on SM. Some people always seem to have time to leave a few rude words whether they get acknowledged or not.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

ad - Becca Tilly & Robert Graham - Bachelor 20 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 17 Empty Re: Becca Tilly & Robert Graham - Bachelor 20 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by crunchycheeto Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm definitely a proponent for ignoring the negativity, and I think it's wise to go that route (or utilize that block button if it's consistently coming from a certain account). But I can empathize a bit with Becca. She could be having a crappy day and hearing someone spew hate under the pretense of "constructive criticism" might just be the thing that sets her off.

I know Lauren posted it on SM, so the negative comments come with the territory. Still doesn't mean that people should just accept it as fact. If you can defend yourself or defend someone you care about, why not? I think it's more worthwhile than going on someone's page to be negative or to offer unsolicited advice. JMO.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:19 pm

I just think Becca added fuel to the fire. When Becca responded, the comments weren't all that bad from what I saw. There were just a few, mostly about how people thought the weight was too big for Lauren, which wasn't an unreasonable assumption given her facial expressions and noises in the video. It's Lauren's body and she knows what works for her, but once I saw the video I knew there would be people questioning her on if she was doing it right because people are just ignorant. Once Becca responded, people started going after Becca and the comments got worse for Lauren IMO.  

If you aren't going to ignore it and you are going to respond, kill them with kindness. Don't insinuate that they don't have friends, don't have a life, etc. because you're going down to their level. As it's been said, when they go low, you go high. Obviously Becca meant well though. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I just think Becca added fuel to the fire. When Becca responded, the comments weren't all that bad from what I saw. There were just a few, mostly about how people thought the weight was too big for Lauren, which wasn't an unreasonable assumption given her facial expressions and noises in the video. It's Lauren's body and she knows what works for her, but once I saw the video I knew there would be people questioning her on if she was doing it right because people are just ignorant. Once Becca responded, people started going after Becca and the comments got worse for Lauren IMO.  

If you aren't going to ignore it and you are going to respond, kill them with kindness. Don't insulate that they don't have friends, don't have a life, etc. because you're going down to their level. As it's been said, when they go low, you go high. JMO

I totally agree with this. I was just saying that I can empathize with Becca, as we don't always choose to handle things the most right way. Insinuating that the commenters didn't have any friends was not a good look, obviously. But I still don't think Becca should be criticized (not saying that you are; I'm speaking in more general terms) for defending her friend as I think ignoring hate and defending against hate are both valid. The outcome of that, where people were attacking more, was not on Becca. It was on the commenters who continued to make it worse. I see it all the time when the "famous person" responds -- people asking why they even bother replying and why can't they just ignore it? Yeah, it's easier to avoid it and not add fuel to the fire, if you will. But I find that logic frustrating because it tends to misdirect blame on the person who didn't even instigate.

I guess the comments can be interpreted in different ways. I saw some body shaming comments, like people telling Lauren to eat a burger. I also saw some that discredited her work-out because she's too thin or she doesn't have any muscle on her. On both accounts, I found it to be that bad.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:46 pm

I don't think her little outburst was just about the comments on that particular vid, they were probably just the last straw. Sometimes things just get to you more than they otherwise would and she said as much herself in one of the comments. She does keep it positive most of the time. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 pm

@crunchycheeto I definitely agree. There's nothing wrong with standing up for a friend. Sure, it's not on Becca that her response made matters worse because those people that left negative comments chose to leave those comments, but this isn't Becca's first rodeo. She knows how this whole social media game works. It's sad and unfortunate, but that's the public life.

Those comments that were directed at Lauren were obviously very mean, however, the comments that were left before Becca responded weren't too bad. There were just a few. A couple of them were about the weight being too big and one was about how she should gain weight. That last one is obviously not nice, however, the comments got worse after Becca responded. Like I said, it just added fuel to the fire. Becca does seem like a good friend though. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:02 pm

mindless wrote:I checked on Socialblade and he deleted 15 pics at least. They can't have all been of Becca, since there are still plenty left with her. Maybe he was just doing some professionalizing or whatever. I'm gonna have to see some other signs of trouble before I get too concerned.

I don't really follow these two, but I did see the underwater pic that Robert posted, (cool pic) But any chance some of the deleted pics were because of a copyright issue? I don't know what he all had up there but it was just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 pm

I was going to post it in the fan thread, but I didn't want any snark towards Becca.

I'm torn between finding this tweet hilarious because of the two options, but also being like girl, JoJo and Jordan recently spent a week long vacation with you. Let them work and hang out together laugh out loud

https://twitter.com/beccatilley5/status/855206624209756160

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Clingy much? laugh out loud Jeez.

ad - Becca Tilly & Robert Graham - Bachelor 20 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 17 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Can't go too long without reminding everyone they're besties dizzy laugh out loud

JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I was going to post it in the fan thread, but I didn't want any snark towards Becca.

I'm torn between finding this tweet hilarious because of the two options, but also being like girl, JoJo and Jordan recently spent a week long vacation with you. Let them work and hang out together laugh out loud

https://twitter.com/beccatilley5/status/855206624209756160

Yeah, let the lovebirds have some time for themselves. Is Robert not available this week?
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:23 pm

There will come a time JoJo gets tired of her attention seeking ways IMHO. Joke or no joke, how is JoJo suppose to feel about that? Laugh? Apologize to her? JoJo doesn't need to justify her whereabouts to Becca Tilley. She's probably a tad jealous of Jojo and Jordan's recent gigs and needs to pull herself into their world.

The fact that she once again chose to post on SM for all to see and stir up attention is just so immature IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly & Robert Graham - Bachelor 20 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+40
Julie81
sbolduc
Sprite
mizzoufan
cookielover12