SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 42 of 73 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 57 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 42 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by atem Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:44 pm

AishaFreedom wrote:yeah, I'm just not going to further explain it anymore. I'll just stick by my opinion. Smiley
I am interested to see her thoughts on WTA and her confrontation with Nick, should be interesting and tomorrow's episode should give a clearer explanation on how it ended between them, because I really thought they had a very strong connection.

Sorry, but it's only 1 hr and they will be showing only 1 date (Raven's).

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 42 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Carine Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you for the pic, I like the dress, I am wondering about how they will style her during her season.

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Oh wow really? Gosh this season is dragging. Is there a reason why it's just an hour?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ITA. They don't want kumbaya.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm gonna just disagree and say that there have been leads who were barely thrown any curveballs and only struggled with the typical too tired, too exhausted, too emotionally drained stuff that comes with so little sleep and lots of travel. Those are the leads who still had a very positive opinion of them both my TPTB and the fans. But I get why others may not see or think that.

JMOAA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:48 pm

AishaFreedom wrote:Oh wow really? Gosh this season is dragging. Is there a reason why it's just an hour?

To try and boost ratings for some new tv show

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:05 pm

umngirl wrote:I'm gonna just disagree and say that there have been leads who were barely thrown any curveballs and only struggled with the typical too tired, too exhausted, too emotionally drained stuff that comes with so little sleep and lots of travel. Those are the leads who still had a very positive opinion of them both my TPTB and the fans. But I get why others may not see or think that.

JMOAA

I think in recent seasons they are adding more curveballs and trying for more drama. Things have changed over the years. The earlier leads had it much easier. As SM has gained more footing, the crazy and manipulation has escalated. I'm not even going to go into the amount of cast coming in for the "wrong reasons"... AKA...shilling opportunities.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:08 pm

umngirl wrote:I'm gonna just disagree and say that there have been leads who were barely thrown any curveballs and only struggled with the typical too tired, too exhausted, too emotionally drained stuff that comes with so little sleep and lots of travel. Those are the leads who still had a very positive opinion of them both my TPTB and the fans. But I get why others may not see or think that.

JMOAA

IA with you. In addition the head of programming at ABC is Channing Dungey, a black woman. Channing has been responsible for the creation of some of ABC's prime time successful shows that have black women headlining as well as other minority groups. Also Channing is Robert Mills's boss. Robert Mills is head of ABC alternative programming of which the bachelor/Ette series fall under & works with Fleiss et al.

IMO Rachel is not going to get a terrible edit by any means with Channing being in charge as some believe Rachel got the Ette gig in the first place due to Channing's influence. Also with the current climate in the US where race issues are still on the forefront, IMO ABC will not risk anything that distracts from the fact that they are the only major network (fact) that has many minority groups as leads in very positive roles. We will see how it shakes out come May when Rachel's season starts but IMO Rachel is not coming out of this with a lot of negativity, rather it will be one of her suitors that will bear that as they have done in prior seasons....all JMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ITA. I guess we'll see how it all plays out! Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:22 pm

mercieme wrote:

JMOAA

IA with you. In addition the head of programming at ABC is Channing Dungey, a black woman. Channing has been responsible for the creation of some of ABC's prime time successful shows that have black women headlining as well as other minority groups. Also Channing is Robert Mills's boss. Robert Mills is head of ABC alternative programming of which the bachelor/Ette series fall under & works with Fleiss et al.

IMO Rachel is not going to get a terrible edit by any means with Channing being in charge as some believe Rachel got the Ette gig in the first place due to Channing's influence. Also with the current climate in the US where race issues are still on the forefront, IMO ABC will not risk anything that distracts from the fact that they are the only major network (fact) that has many minority groups as leads in very positive roles. We will see how it shakes out come May when Rachel's season starts but IMO Rachel is not coming out of this with a lot of negativity, rather it will be one of her suitors that will bear that as they have done in prior seasons....all JMO.

I'm not thinking she will be torn to shreds, but she will get it like every lead before her and like every lead after her. They will manipulate her, they will throw her curve balls, they will stress her out and run her ragged.

If all of a sudden a lead has everything flowing hunky dory, nobody will by that and will think it was done precisely because she is the first African American woman lead...leading to negativity...even though that has nothing to do with her, but everything to do with producers and editors.

All that aside, every lead comes out with negativity...rightly or wrongly. She is at her peak now. I would put money on the fact that she will come out with more negativity than she went in with. There will be the next beloved lead who will also get a wonderful edit and she will have to dump him...p*ssing off a whole group of fans who will be tired of her and ready to move on to fresh meat. That is just the nature of the beast and applies to all of them...no matter how wonderful or deserving.

Last edited by Sprite on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Like I said in my earlier post....she will not come out with a lot of negativity IMO. And to be more precise not anywhere near how Kaitlyn's season was edited IMO. I also stand by my opinion on the current climate on race issues being a main factor & yes I expect folks to say things about them editing things differently because she is black & that's fine, folks can see the edit as they see fit. So IMO I expect something like Emily's season. I don't expect zero drama or that Rachel will walk on water....all jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Sprite wrote: *snipped*
If all of a sudden a lead has everything flowing hunky dory, nobody will by that and will think it was done precisely because she is the first African American woman lead...leading to negativity...even though that has nothing to do with her, but everything to do with producers and editors.

Based on the current racial climate, and the ABC programming info from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I would venture to say tptb will have their orders to protect Rachel's image. imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 73 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 57 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+67
limoncello
dw_a_mom
Luvstruck
sosleepy
Sprite