SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

Page 74 of 78 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 74 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

Post by terabithia Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:37 am

It was a fun ride! I will stay subbed to K’s Instagram to see what she’s up to, but Shawn’s hyper focus on his gym has been kinda boring. 

I don’t think either of them is a bad person. Shawn marrying Kaitlyn when he knew in his heart it wasn’t the right decision would be even worse than a break-up. She deserves better than that. And it’s not like their feelings changed soon after the show, they really tried, I don’t think Shawn has been leading her on for years. I feel bad for her though, she was all-in and committed to him 100%. I hope she finds someone who makes her feel safe and understood again, and soon. 
But not too fast, she needs to heal first! :sprinklehearts
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 74 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

Post by TheLurker Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:15 am

@terabithia I agree with everything you said!

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:21 am

Sadly, we knew the break-up was coming after months of speculation.   I believed Shawn was in love with Kaitlyn before he went on her show and was happy they ended up together.  Let's hope Kaitlyn does have the engagement ring in her possession so it can help finance her future.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:37 pm

I am really sad for both of them. It was clear to me that they really loved each other in the beginning. Kaitlyn, although some didn't like or understand her, was definitely 110% in from the beginning and, IMO, Shawn was also. I hope they both find the one to make them happy!

Even though it seems like they grew apart, and that does happen, Shawn seemed to be stringing Kaitlyn along for the last couple of months (IMO). If he knew that it wasn't going to work, he should have broken things off at that time instead of giving Kaitlyn false hopes that things might be fixable.

I really feel heartbroken for Kaitlyn, Shawn - not so much. I can't wait to see the next chapter for Kaitlyn!
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchette Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Man, I just saw her last IG post with her loving dad and my eyes filled with both sad and happy tears. What I can't believe is today was the very first time I actually wished she chose Nick because I think that relationship would have ended much sooner and Kaitlyn would probably be 2+ years closer to finding a man who will give her a family. I know her pain (and mine laugh out loud ) will ease with time, but at this moment I feel like time can't pass quickly enough. Upset

crunchette

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:51 pm

I don't think he was stringing her along just think it got to hard for them to spend time together, him with his gym and her with the podcast and other projects she has going on. Plus the whole re-proposal wants Kaitlyn needed. Then again we will never know the real reason.

I should change my avatar picture but I just can't yet. sad

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 74 1f49c

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 74 8367-910 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 74 I_got_13 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 74 E5kqdm15 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 74 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11979

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchette Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:19 am

I'm still struggling, too, Linds.  I wish I could be like everyone else and just move on, but they were the only couple I followed so all of my eggs were in their basket.  I keep thinking about so many of the sweet, loving moments over the years and my head is just spinning even though I know it's for the best.

I really think Shawn was telling Kait things like how much he wanted a little girl or how upset he was that he couldn't go to Canada with her in August (which makes no sense cuz if you want to be free to do things like that you wouldn't open a friggen gym).  And since her love language is words of affirmation, I think of those things gave her hope, but the truth is everything with Kait was just "fly by the seat of your pants" for Shawn.  He wasn't willing or able to sit down and make concrete plans for the future by setting a wedding date or starting a family (unlike Kait who finally decided she wanted a baby in 2 years).  But when it came things like his meal plans, City Strong (which was up and running in 3 weeks), Ironman, his app, and his gym (up in 2 months), he had no problem setting goals/deadlines and meeting them.  That's why I'm questioning his motives in the last year of the relationship. And I think because Kait's love language is "words of affirmation" it took Kait a long time to realize his talk didn't match his walk.  Her other love language is "quality time" but he couldn't give her that either. It's all very sad.  

And even though I hate TV weddings, I actually wish ABC offered them one about a year into their relationship, because Shawn would have never agreed to it and Kaitlyn would have been free 2.5 years ago.

crunchette

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:31 am

crunchette wrote:I'm still struggling, too, Linds.  I wish I could be like everyone else and just move on, but they were the only couple I followed so all of my eggs were in their basket.  I keep thinking about so many of the sweet, loving moments over the years and my head is just spinning even though I know it's for the best.

I really think Shawn was telling Kait things like how much he wanted a little girl or how upset he was that he couldn't go to Canada with her in August (which makes no sense cuz if you want to be free to do things like that you wouldn't open a friggen gym).  And since her love language is words of affirmation, I think of those things gave her hope, but the truth is everything with Kait was just "fly by the seat of your pants" for Shawn.  He wasn't willing or able to sit down and make concrete plans for the future by setting a wedding date or starting a family (unlike Kait who finally decided she wanted a baby in 2 years).  But when it came things like his meal plans, City Strong (which was up and running in 3 weeks), Ironman, his app, and his gym (up in 2 months), he had no problem setting goals/deadlines and meeting them.  That's why I'm questioning his motives in the last year of the relationship. And I think because Kait's love language is "words of affirmation" it took Kait a long time to realize his talk didn't match his walk.  Her other love language is "quality time" but he couldn't give her that either. It's all very sad.  

And even though I hate TV weddings, I actually wish ABC offered them one about a year into their relationship, because Shawn would have never agreed to it and Kaitlyn would have been free 2.5 years ago.

@crunchette,
Very objective assessment from a super fan. Sorry you’re struggling.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:35 am

I think Shawn would have agreed to a tv wedding a year in because he was so in love and so obsessed with her and then now, we wouldn’t be in this situation because he’d sure as hell try to get things to work with his wife versus with a girlfriend. I’m a cynic, ya’ll, but if there’s no piece of paper, you cannot trust these Bachelor baddies Rolling Eyes

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:03 pm

I kind of feel like he still would have pushed the wedding off, because he came up with the "btw, our show proposal didn't count but I'll be proposing real soon" thing in that first year when he was super in love and obsessed. And he never re-proposed, not on any of the super romantic trips they took during those early years. So I think he was never so in love that he stopped being slightly calculated/manipulative about the marriage issue. 

I don't think Kaitlyn would have left him though, even if he had said no at the time. She was so in love and obsessed, she would have just thought she could change his mind.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchette Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Aria wrote:I kind of feel like he still would have pushed the wedding off, because he came up with the "btw, our show proposal didn't count but I'll be proposing real soon" thing in that first year when he was super in love and obsessed. And he never re-proposed, not on any of the super romantic trips they took during those early years. So I think he was never so in love that he stopped being slightly calculated/manipulative about the marriage issue. 

I don't think Kaitlyn would have left him though, even if he had said no at the time. She was so in love and obsessed, she would have just thought she could change his mind.

Ding ding ding!!!! I agree. I think he was manipulative/calculated about the marriage AND baby issues, whether he was consciously aware of it or not. Maybe he didn't intend to be that way, but his own hangups about his parent's divorce probably led him in that direction. And Kait wanted both so badly (but played the marriage thing down as to not scare Shawn off) that she was willing to overlook glaring red flags and clung to any hope he offered. I looked thru their IG timelines, and things really seemed to hit a wall when he opened that gym. Someone smarter than myself noticed that he stopped adding to his Boothstowe highlights 25 weeks ago and started adding to his gym highlights 22 weeks ago. When I think about how awful some of the BN relationships were on Marriage Bootcamp but still managed to survive, I can't believe S&K seemed to give up after 5 months. But I think Kait was already sad about no wedding and no babies, and the gym taking away all of their time together was the last straw for her.

crunchette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:41 pm

I didn’t think the reproposal thing idea came into being until this last year and not their first year? Maybe I’m wrong.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 78 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

+52
MiniDiva
TheLurker
Fangirl26
Emilia23_12
Jane781