SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Page 39 of 52 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:10 am

sbolduc wrote:Watched the finale - I read on here first so was expecting some awkwardness on AFTR. To be honest I liked it laugh out loud clearly in the minority. I didn't find them awkward with each other - I found they were two people that were acknowledging the weirdness of the situation. I guess I just appreciated it - rather than like other couples "we are going to get married in spring".

Their true test is now and more so after DWTS if they get there.

I guess I am I the minority I appreciated their openness and not trying to avoid the conversation - it was very much in line with both of their personalities IMO. If anything they seemed on the same page about it not being a cake walk and on the same page in how they were presenting themselves to the world.

I also really liked that V's family and best friends were there to support them, it is nice that they were able to have a family dinner after the show especially with her moving to LA.

So I liked it weirdly enough - loved their proposal and found their ATFR more realistic than most - they acknowledged they have issues and don't know each other that well - which every couple from the franchise both successful or not have alluded to... the real relationship starts after the show is done airing.

I will sit with you in that minority couch, because I really don't see the awkward. But I don't really compare it with any other couple, because I can only compare it with ones 3 years or older and seems like the format of the ATFR has changed. I do agree that Nick has a "handful" with Vanessa, but I think that is what he wants. I will give their relationship a realistic "benefit of the doubt." They seem to be 2 genuinely, real, and passionate people. We shall see, I have trepidation but I also have a lot of hope.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by OnePromise Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:17 am

@sbolduc I'm in the minority too I guess.

One of the things I love about Nick and Vanessa as individuals is their open honesty, their priority to just tell it how it is. Why would it be any different when they are together as a couple?

Maybe it's ok that they are being transparent with regards to their relationship. Nick has been on the cutting edge of many Bachelor firsts. Why not being part of the first couple to actually be honest with their fans? It is much more realistic and gives me hope that they will indeed have a lasting relationship.

Nick has always said that he wants a partner who makes their relationship a priority by choosing to love even when it gets tough. Could it be that they are actually allowing us to see that type of relationship fleshed out? Again, I hope so.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 am

Put me in that minority as well  :yes:

What I saw throughout this season was real and authentic Nick and Vanessa. Same exact Nick and Vanessa I saw on ATFR and in all their subsequent interviews (JKL, GMA, etc).

Nothing fake about these two, IMO, they are honest to a fault which isn't everyone's cup of tea I am sure but with them it works because they're on the exact same page IMO and both of them from the very beginning, their first conversations, were always about being open and honest with each other and even again on GMA and Kelly Live Nick and Vanessa reiterated that that's who they are choosing to be as a couple. That they aren't going to sugar coat anything.

The looked really happy to me and excited but also realistic about life and relationships - just like they were on the show. What a novelty and how inspiring and refreshing IMO to have such a perspective - optimistic and realistic - especially when it comes to this show.

I loved Nick and Vanessa individually because they are so open and honest - flaws and all...and I love them as a couple...as a TEAM as they said...because they are so open and honest - flaws and all. 

IMO, that is something to be celebrated in a world where too many wear facades and pretend to be something they're not or sugarcoat things for the sake of "image". To me, Nick and Vanessa don't care about projecting a perfect image... they care about authenticity and being real and true to who they are and who they want to be. 

For that, Nick as a lead, Vanessa as an F1, this season, has been the best I've ever watched because Nick and Vanessa put the "real" in Reality-TV for me. 

JMO

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:35 am

Just watched the video of them on Kelly.
You all know I love Nick and I love romance.
But here is my thought. It is fine to be realistic, as they keep saying, but within the first 24 hours of your FRC and proposal airing, I feel like the couple should be on Cloud 9. JMO, of course!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am

I disagree. I think the first 24 hour the couple is not on Cloud 9. It's the most exhausting and exhilarating period. After being in hide out, rarely seeing one another, and then getting hammered with CH questions on ATFR. That's a stressful day. Cloud 9 to me starts after the press promo week is done.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:45 am

see2love wrote:Why must the well wishes bein IG or SM before it is valid? Some may have done so privately and maybe some havent got around to it just yet. And maybe some just dont care!
Afterall Nick hasnt liked every picture every girl in his season put up on ig so why must they bother about him now?
Nick has vanessa now and I hope he or she arent bothered by who congratulates them or not but are more interested in focusing on each other and making their relationship work. A lack of social media congratulatory message does not a bad oerson make IMO

Nick posted pics of the contestant after each date. I don't recall a lead doing that as much as Nick has. Some of them openly said on SM they don't like Vanessa. They also had an inside joke amongst themselves on SM towards Vanessa. The new bachelorette couldn't even add a congrats to Nick and Vanessa, but deliberately omitted her name. IOW she doesn't wish happiness for Vanessa. That's valid enough for me IMHO and I doubt anyone picked up the phone to congratulate anyone. IMO they were more concerned about that phone ringing for their next gig. There were plenty of couples that I didn't/don't care for, however I always wish them happiness in the future, what does it take to feel that in your heart for everyone, regardless of what you think of them. I can't wrap my head around that malice.

From what I know of Nick following him for the last few years, and his very limited remarks on SM towards negativity, and Vanessa's SM behaviour which is devoid of backlashing, and her comments last night, they don't intend to prove anything to anyone,  I highly doubt they give a rats bum about what any of them think.

Some of these contestants got freebee's left right and centre. They are the ones who applied to go on the show. Common courtesy would be nice, rather than badazz inconsiderate rude behaviour IMHO. We have enough of that in this world.

IMO it's very telling how many are congratulating them and the kind words by everyone, Elan, make up artist, etc.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 am

Cila51290 wrote:I disagree. I think the first 24 hour the couple is not on Cloud 9. It's the most exhausting and exhilarating period. After being in hide out, rarely seeing one another, and then getting hammered with CH questions on ATFR. That's a stressful day. Cloud 9 to me starts after the press promo week is done.

ITA. Going through an interview after another is stressful too. IMO they're getting there, but that CH doom and gloom would've dropped anyone from cloud 9.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:50 am

To me cloud 9 is relative. Nick is still low-energy laid back Nick, Vanessa seems to be very energetic. Will that be an issue in the long run? We'll see. Their cloud nine may not be the gushy over the moon emotion that I qualify as cloud 9 so I see what you mean @nutty. I also think they both are saying the same thing, "we're not perfect but we're also trying to give this relationship a go in the real world and to give it our all, detractors notwithstanding."

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:52 am

I hope I am wrong, as I love Nick and want him to find his HEA!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 am

I couldn't agree more strongly with every word you said GA. My gut feeling is Rachel was very, very conscious at all times that anything she said and did was being filmed and could appear on national television, and she was very careful, even calculating about the image she projected. And since she was on the radar to be next lead, she got a clean edit, like leaving out her temper tantrum on the Volleyball group date. Given that the edit did no favors to Vanessa, I strongly suspect that the reason we were never shown the Vanessa\Rachel blow up in Bimini was because it did not show Rachel in a good light, despite most of the women\squad supposedly taking Rachel's side.

That she could not bring herself to congratulate and extend well wishes to Nick and Vanessa IMO speaks volumes to me about her pettiness and immaturity.

It's a lot easier to consistently project a positive image when you are one of many competing for the lead. Not quite as easy when you are the lead, you're on every date, constant ITMs and you barely get enough sleep. I have a gut feeling we'll see a very different side of Rachel as lead and it won't be pretty.
JMO

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:08 am

KB_Mom wrote:I couldn't agree more strongly with every word you said GA.  My gut feeling is Rachel was very, very conscious at all times that anything she said and did was being filmed and could appear on national television, and she was very careful, even calculating about the image she projected. And since she was on the radar to be next lead, she got a clean edit, like leaving out her temper tantrum on the Volleyball group date.  Given that the edit did no favors to Vanessa, I strongly suspect that the reason we were never shown the Vanessa\Rachel blow up in Bimini was because it did not show Rachel in a good light, despite most of the women\squad supposedly taking Rachel's side.

That she could not bring herself to congratulate and extend well wishes to Nick and Vanessa IMO speaks volumes to me about her pettiness and immaturity.

It's a lot easier to consistently project a positive image when you are one of many competing for the lead. Not quite as easy when you are the lead, you're on every date, constant ITMs and you barely get enough sleep.  I have a gut feeling we'll see a very different side of Rachel as lead and it won't be pretty.  
JMO

Age doesn't always mean that you will be more mature, as evidenced by your comment @KB_Mom. It will be interesting to see whether Rachel will be run over; if so how many times. TPTB are not your friends as @Kashathediva reminds us. I cringed when she was meeting the first four of her suitors, if that's all they can get, it's going to a "drama laden" season.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
 Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 39 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:17 am

Rachel does not have to kiss Vanessa's a*s. Rachel does not have to wish her well. Rachel does not have to acknowledge Vanessa's existence! This entire season Rachel's acknowledged that woman's existence on the show a grand total of once, during that IG live to confirm that she doesn't like her. IMO She has nothing nice to say about Vanessa, so last night, she said nothing. Which is what I wanted her to do during that IG live so I'm not seeing the issue tbh. I can't remember guys from Jojo's season wishing her well with Jordan. Or Kaitlyn with Shawn. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 52 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

+83
happygolucky
Seabear
Luvstruck
Dessler
Linds911