SELECT CONTENT

Eric Bigger - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 40 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gratitude - Eric Bigger - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 40 Empty Re: Eric Bigger - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 pm

any type of slang being attached to any type of group--valley girl, urban dictionary, southern dialects etc. Not necessarily bloods and crypts etc. LOL. I think you took it way too literal.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

gratitude - Eric Bigger - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 40 Empty Re: Eric Bigger - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue May 16, 2017 1:08 pm

@kashathediva My point still holds, imo. And arguably, "motivational speaker-type speak" could be viewed as jargon or slang that not everyone will understand, particularly those from outside the US. All imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 pm

I don't see your point at all. Sorry.
The guy mentioned a quote in his social media. I did not find it overly deep. Period. The end.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Tue May 16, 2017 1:18 pm

I have painstakenly gone through his quotes and I find most of them to be downright specious! I can also take "live, laugh, love", read Bible verses, and flip it around and, viola, I'm a motivational speaker. Rubbish!

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Agree to disagree then. Not to be overly pedantic, but I think the gang you were referencing is the "crips" not the crypts. Spell-check has messed with me before too, but I just wanted to clarify in case anyone found "bloods and crypts" confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Tue May 16, 2017 1:20 pm

My natural cringe levels are already naturally very high and all this just makes it start to malfunction :crazed

Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue May 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Y'all, I will rather some inner city kid be motivated with a voice like Eric's rather than some of the voices influencing them in society today....it may seem OTT or not make sense as have been posted but IMO there is a need for something like that in the inner city where hopelessness abounds in many cases...jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 pm

@mercieme I totally agree with your point and I hope he is giving people that. I think for me someone being really ordered with their thoughts is also really important and I guess that just doesn't come across for me so sometimes what he's saying doesn't translate or comes across as just trying to be deep which I find super cringe.

Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 pm

His quotes does/will not hurt anybody, and will likely encourage someone, so ride on Eric.

ETA: IMO, that quote is very easy to understand and I did not see it as trying to be deep. He is just saying it is not easy but it is worth it and when its all said and done cherish the experience. JMO
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue May 16, 2017 1:35 pm

@Bee thanks. I mentor kids from the inner city communities so it's easy for me to understand what Eric is articulating. I respect all the diverse opinions posted here about Eric's motivational posts though yes

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 pm

realitytvfan11 wrote:Agree to disagree then. Not to be overly pedantic, but I think the gang you were referencing is the "crips" not the crypts. Spell-check has messed with me before too, but I just wanted to clarify in case anyone found "bloods and crypts" confusing.

TYWM. Oops. cantstopl

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Tue May 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Dessler wrote:His quotes does/will not hurt anybody, and will likely encourage someone, so ride on Eric.

ETA: IMO, that quote is very easy to understand and I did not see it as trying to be deep. He is just saying it is not easy but it is worth it and when its all said and done cherish the experience. JMO

You see how you wrote it, Dessler? That's how he should write it. I understood the meaning of the quote, but the way he constructs his stuff is why it comes off "off"

Last edited by julychild on Tue May 16, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Eric Bigger - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+85
lleyki
Stacia620
clueless
sbolduc
albean99