SELECT CONTENT

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 44 of 46 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:22 pm

and I think Rachel is so NOT impressed by dean now.... Body Language says it all IMO

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 44 Captur59
https://twitter.com/BacheloretteABC/status/891312368805974016

Back to top Go down

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:34 pm

IMHO the friends' comment is racist. It pits her as a white woman against a black woman (Rachel) and in the friends' eyes, the white woman won. How else can you explain it? I'm sorry if that makes other posters feel uncomfortable, that is not why I say it at all. But how can we even try to get any change done, if we can't call racism when we see it? Jmo

Rachel however didn't even touch this racism part, she simply corrected, that Dean was dumped by her. IMHO she handled that beautifully.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:01 pm

I came on here and went back a few pages to see what this was all about. I am someone who likes Dean, but I did want to comment about this.

First, the young woman's comment was tasteless and just plain wrong. Dean's response was equally wrong and stupid. I do not defend this at all. However, I am not about to label Dean racist. That is a word that I do not use lightly. Racist behavior is a pattern of conduct. Lee exhibited racist behavior towards his fellow AA contestants. An inappropriate comment made one time does not constitute racism. People make mistakes and say dumb things without thinking on sm. One can condemn or object to the comment without labeling the person.

I think Rachel handled it quite well, clarifying what actually happened. That is where it should end. If Dean decided to apologize that would help. I hope that he does not let this newfound popularity go to his head. Because it can turn on a dime. He already said that people may not like him after BIP. He said that was not the best of him. So there is an awareness on his part that his actions could come back to haunt him.

I do think Dean is immature and has some growing up to do. He is young at 26. But I do not think he is a bad person. I will watch BIP to see what happened with him and the two young women and then make a judgment. I think this comment on sm was in poor taste. But Rachel reacted in a way that shut it down.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:56 pm

OT. But I really love seeing Drew in your avi, nny!!! Wonder how he's doing these days?
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:14 pm

For me personally, the moment dean first made the "I'm ready to go black and never go back" comment, I thought it was tasteless and cringeworthy and wasn't impressed with how rachel dismissed it as funny but whatever everyone is entitled to their opinions and that was hers.
In the same way dean was trying to make a joke, I believe this girl was trying to do the same thing as well. I personally don't think she intended any harm or racism. It's just an ignorant thing to say, same as what dean said.
In this instance, I think rachel should have not commented or she should have stayed consistent with her "I see the humor in it" mindset. It seems a little hypocritical on her part to suddenly take offense. Although I did enjoy her response laugh out loud

I'll say this again, stop the petty battles on sm rachel. They're seemingly beneath you, or I hope they are.
All is my opinion
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:IMHO the friends' comment is racist. It pits her as a white woman against a black woman (Rachel)  and in the friends' eyes, the white woman won. How else can you explain it? I'm sorry if that makes other posters feel uncomfortable, that is not why I say it at all. But how can we even try to get any change done, if we can't call racism when we see it? Jmo

Rachel however didn't even touch this racism part, she simply corrected, that Dean was dumped by her. IMHO she handled that beautifully.

I respect your opinion and totally get what you are saying. My comment is only specific to Dean coz I don't know anything about the woman at all but the little bit that I know about Dean, I don't think he is a racist - super ignorant guy who doesn't understand the racial implications of his statement, absolutely! (JMO). I agree with what @Aria and @KashatheDiva said earlier. Explaining to someone as to why it's wrong/offensive is a much better way to bring about change IMO instead of throwing them in the same bucket as actual racists who intentionally say/do demeaning things.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:24 pm

@FashionLover  Me, too and agree with what I find tasteless is not what someone else will find tasteless. To each his own.
Agree again, with the blonde friend poster on social media. I see it as another example of ignorance vs hate and out right racism. Not everything is meant to hurt another. It might have been meant to be in jest vs hurtful. Ignorant as is sounds.
Again, I think if it can be kept at a level that's teachable, ignorance at least has a chance of being corrected before being insited to hate and rage.
Not everyone is politically correctly versed in everyone else's culture. We aren't all aware of what is cutting edge vernacular or down home. There is bound to be errors. It is only human to allow some grace with others IMO. It should not be expected of me to understand all the nuances of another other than decent human sensitivities, yet each of us different cultures, religions and races etc do have certain sensitivities.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:00 pm

ReneeM wrote:
coolangel wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Rachel can't claim racism now when she was ALL for the initial 'i'm ready to go black' joke. I see why she's upset, because I think the caption and Dean's comment are f*cked up. But Rachel's shown time and time again that the things that offend me, don't offend her. Her reaction to this is very interesting.

IMO Rachel gave him a pass once. Maybe she thought he'll learn from it. Instead he shows the same ignorance yet again. So IMO a clapback is in order. I also think Dean shading her and Bryan recently in interviews might have played a teeny-tiny role. BigRach is chill until she is not.  laugh out loud  laugh out loud

All JMO
But she didn't give him a pass, she laughed and said she loved it repeatedly on the show and in interviews after. Lots of members here & other places were bothered and gave him a pass, what Rachel did wasn't a pass. Can we just be real and admit that she's just mad at Dean because he dissed her relationship with Bryan? Rachel's shown time and time again that she loves off colour 'jokes' (it's why she can be such good friends with people like Alexis), but all of a sudden she's sensitive about this? Nah. It was a good clapback though. I think this one is only second to Leah's laugh out loud. All JMO.

Totally agree. I don't think you can be selectively offended by that caption while finding the original comment it's referring to hilarious. I personally find them both unnecessary, but Rachel claimed to love Dean's comment and even said he stole her line, because she wanted to be the one to say it. His friend's caption is basically just a factual statement at this point, since Dean said he'd "never go back" and last I heard he was juggling two non-black women, so yes, he did go back. Or was sent back like Rachel clarified. laugh out loud

I wouldn't even call Dean ignorant, despite his immaturity. He knew from the start that his comment was controversial and kept telling Rachel how worried he was about her reaction. He was also the first one to acknowledge Lee's racist tendencies in ITM's and posted that IG post asking people not to make fun of his dad's faith, because it's offensive to Sikhs. He seems plenty aware to me. I think his original comment was just non-PC humour and luckily for him Rachel found it funny. I think she's just generally annoyed with him right now and that's why she felt the need to put him in his place so to speak.

All JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Billysmom.

Yes, me too!

:yes:
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Lol he seriously unfollowed Bryan? Since when is the "shader" the one who unfollows the "shadee"? laugh out loud

It looks like he also unfollowed Kristina on IG too for whatever reason. Unfollowing party, how fun! giggling (I would post a screenshot for sourcing but on the app on my phone, it doesn't show his username when I go in to use the search function).
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:11 pm

TheWrongReasons wrote:Lol he seriously unfollowed Bryan? Since when is the "shader" the one who unfollows the "shadee"? laugh out loud

It looks like he also unfollowed Kristina on IG too for whatever reason. Unfollowing party, how fun! giggling (I would post a screenshot for sourcing but on the app on my phone, it doesn't show his username when I go in to use the search function).
These "kids" are like in high school with the following and unfollowing. rotfl
Yeah, I saw he unfollowed Kristina too.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 pm

makeover wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:Lol he seriously unfollowed Bryan? Since when is the "shader" the one who unfollows the "shadee"? laugh out loud

These "kids" are like in high school with the following and unfollowing. rotfl
Yeah, I saw he unfollowed Kristina too.
Seriously, I feel like I'm watching a bonus season of Gossip Girl or something laugh out loud

I honestly wasn't expecting the whole Dean/DLo/Kristina drama at all - I thought he would just stay with Kristina and get "engaged" at the end, with DLo pairing up with Ben Z or something. I was so surprised when RS posted the spoilers. And now Dean is engaging in even more drama/shading involving his real love Perfect Peter, Rach and Big Baddy Bryan. God I love this show and its nonstop soap opera entertainment laugh out loud
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 46 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
FashionLover
Billysmom
bluejay25
Mommyof2
North