SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

Post by Billysmom Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Hmm....sounds like a great idea for a graduation gift....gonna keep it in mind for DS....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

Post by Julie81 Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Interestingly enough, The Alchemist is one my favorites as well. I have read it at least three times for personal reasons and once for one of my masters classes. It's a classic IMO. I knew I liked Vanessa.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by TrishB Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:30 pm

This just made my day @notarose
My mother is Brasilian, she is also a very decorated historian and literature professor, as well as a consummate librarian.  She has written a few educational books. Very well-known in South America. (I am so honored to be her daughter)
She did the indexing and proofreading on Paolo's first edition of The Alchemist (in Portuguese and Spanish) They became good friends and colleagues, which they are to this day. I enjoy his writing, although he is not my favorite Latin American writer.
It is very emotional when I read how much someone enjoys this book, which my mom was a great part of (the original versions) I know it is a very inspirational work, and still one the greatest best sellers of all time.
Good on Vanessa! She is an incredible lady Smiley

One of the best quotes in the book IMO has always been:

"And, when you want something, all the Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it..."

"Y cuando quieres algo, todo el Universo conspira para que realices tu deseo..."

The book is a guide in how to create "your personal legend" (or journey) "tu leyenda personal" ... never desisting. Creating our personal legend, is not a choice but an obligation for all humankind (the book tells us)

bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 Daniel12

"If I have seen far, It is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants" - Quoted by my beloved son Daniel on his HS Yearbook, June 2001 - Photo taken in Cusco, Peru by his best friend Thomas
TrishB
TrishB

Female Posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:42 pm

I read it a long time ago. It's a wild ride, and you have to keep an open mind, but I liked it, and I can understand why it is her favorite.

You might say that "be unrealistic" doesn't apply to her, since she struggled so much and they are so realistic about the relationship. I would say though that she was more aware than realistic – unaffected by the "bubble" and thinking beyond the fairy tale – and still ready to take that leap of faith.

Anyway, going on The Bachelor and finding the love of your life there is unrealistic if anything. Smiley

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:48 pm

TrishB wrote:This just made my day @notarose
My mother is Brasilian, she is also a very decorated historian and literature professor, as well as a consummate librarian.  She has written a few educational books. Very well-known in South America. (I am so honored to be her daughter)
She did the indexing and proofreading on Paolo's first edition of The Alchemist (in Portuguese and Spanish) They became good friends and colleagues, which they are to this day. I enjoy his writing, although he is not my favorite Latin American writer.
It is very emotional when I read how much someone enjoys this book, which my mom was a great part of (the original versions) I know it is a very inspirational work, and still one the greatest best sellers of all time.

"And, when you want something, all the Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it..."

"Y cuando quieres algo, todo el Universo conspira para que realices tu deseo..."

The book is a guide in how to create "your personal legend" (or journey) "tu leyenda personal" ... never desisting.  Creating our personal legend, is not a choice but an obligation for all humankind (the book tells us)

The bolded sounds way more poetic, and better, in Spanish. I prefer.

Last edited by 2ndcampbell on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bold, not italics. hihihi)

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:53 pm

The book is a guide in how to create "your personal legend" (or journey) "tu leyenda personal" ... never desisting.  Creating our personal legend, is not a choice but an obligation for all humankind (the book tells us)

How wonderful to read about your mother's involvement as translator. Whenever I read a translated work I always feel a bit sad that I am unable to read it in the original language. I greater admire the ability of translators to capture the essence and intent of the author. Respect Smiley

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 pm

How interesting that your Mom was part of the book!!! :yes: I've had this book for many years, it's a great read and I've gone back to it many times. Kind of ironic that some in the fan forum, have read it and that's Vanessa's favorite book. No wonder we all like her so much. bestbud! yes

bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Is it weird that every Monday, I am not only excited for Nick's dance on DWTS but also to see Vanessa and what she is wearing?  bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 1f648  bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 1f648 My girl crush on her is so real! laugh out loud laugh out loud
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm

coolangel wrote:Is it weird that every Monday, I am not only excited for Nick's dance on DWTS but also to see Vanessa and what she is wearing?  bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 1f648  bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 1f648 My girl crush on her is so real! laugh out loud laugh out loud

I enjoy the dance and any interviews Nick gives afterward.
Vanessa - Loved her dress last Monday and would have liked to have seen all of it.
I also enjoy seeing who is with her and whether N&V are spotted out afterward.

So many things to look forward to  cheerleader

@Brill  :yes:  I think people who gravitate to a book like "The Alchemist" have at least a few things in common  bestbud!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BScRSu0BvYN/?taken-by=cassielambert
bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 Image57

Cassie and her daughter at DWTS

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:47 pm

I don't even know how to comment on this.....speechless
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 pm

@TrishB Thank you so much for sharing that personal story! I need to find this book.

I love the Universe quote. He's my best friend!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TrishB Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Aww Thank you guys for your comments. My mom is so humble, but I will let her know to put a smile on her face! :inlove

She was not a translator @notarose she did the proofreading and indexing of the entire book (first edition in 1988) both in Portuguese (which is the native language of Brasil) and Spanish. blowkiss

It was exciting after a few years to know how famous he had become, he was not as well-known in the 80's yet.

bachelorabc - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 51 Daniel12

"If I have seen far, It is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants" - Quoted by my beloved son Daniel on his HS Yearbook, June 2001 - Photo taken in Cusco, Peru by his best friend Thomas
TrishB
TrishB

Female Posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

+64
aviej
mistygracie74
lleyki
Cila51290
whit90