SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 77 WBcAoHU

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kels0012 Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 am

http://people.com/tv/luke-pell-stassi-winter-games-relationship/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Why is People publishing this? It gives him a pass. I hope Stassi gets to response. Barf.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:51 am

Will 'Bachelor in Paradise' Get an International Cast After ‘Winter Games’? It Was Supposed to Last Summer!

Bachelor Winter Games has wrapped its four-episode run, marking the franchise's first foray into mixing contestants from its international iterations in with a U.S. version of a show. But it turns out, that almost happened last summer on Bachelor in Paradise.

Contestant Courtney Dobler of Australia told ET that he was set to head to Mexico for BiP season four, but didn't end up going because of the scandal that shut down the show's production temporarily.

So, what about this summer?

Host Chris Harrison told ET in December, right before Winter Games started filming, "Paradise isn't going anywhere. What I could see is, if this goes really well, this will come back, maybe we're doing this every winter now, and maybe Bachelor in Paradise goes international.... It's in Mexico, anyway! We're already international."

Robert Mills, ABC's Senior Vice President of Alternative Series, Specials and Late-Night Programming, says bringing international contestants into the Paradise mix would also make for more unexpected couples. "The thing about Paradise that's interesting is that a lot of [contestants] know before [the season starts filming] that they're doing Paradise, so those relationships kind of start to form beforehand," he said. "We had talked about, 'It would be interesting to bring in somebody that nobody knows is going to go on.' ... The international component was a way to kind of shake that up a little bit and throw a curve ball in."

The success of Winter Games seems to have cemented that new concept. "The reaction to the foreign cast members [on Winter Games] is great," Mills said. "I think it would be stupid not to use these people ... Cultural differences are so fascinating."

The Winter Games contestants also seem, well, game. At the World Tells All taping, former Bachelor of New Zealand Jordan Mauger eloquently told ET, "I do love Mexico, and I've gotta work on my tan. I love tacos. I think I'll do really well!"

To name a few, The Bachelor has run original versions in the U.S.,  Australia, Sweden, the U.K., China, Japan and Finland. The Bachelorette has had success with original versions in the U.S. and Canada and many more. So, there's a big contestant pool to pull from. Plus, producers from the different variations of the series keep in touch and talk next steps. They all met recently for a multi-day conference.

"It's panels on the different ways the shows are produced," Mills explained. "Talking about what's worked in different territories; it's fascinating. ... A lot of business talk. In Japan, The Bachelor is run on Amazon, [we talked] here's how they do it, here's how we do it, would you ever run the show as a binge-watch type of thing? They were the first ones to do that. So, it was interesting to learn the different ways the shows are produced and for everyone to get to know each other."

Mills doesn't rule out anything when it comes to the future of the franchise's expansion. "I think Bachelor is a brand the same way Marvel, Lucasfilm, Star Trek are," he said. "We've just scratched the surface."

Source

Sounds promising. yes

Seems like they already have Jordan lined up for BiP then? When does that usually start filming?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:23 am

@albean99 Well Dean must offer more than meets the eye then!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 am

Kels0012 wrote:http://people.com/tv/luke-pell-stassi-winter-games-relationship/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Question: Who is most likely to hang out with Chris Harrison?
Answer by all: Ben Higgins!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:22 am

Kels0012 wrote:http://people.com/tv/luke-pell-stassi-winter-games-relationship/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Why is People publishing this? It gives him a pass. I hope Stassi gets to response. Barf.

He has issues IMHO. When he was on the 'ette, I felt like he was a zombie when he talked. He tries to convince people of his own BS. IMO He's doing it again in that article. It's all BS to me. It's like a child caught in a lie, and then makes up more lies to cover their tracks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Great listen for some insight on the WG couples (+ some Luke/Stassi discussion) - Kevin, Lily and Courtney in studio with Ashley, Clare/Benoit and Stassi call in.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-The-Ben-and-Ashley-28165481/episode/winter-games-closing-ceremonies-28987247/

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:09 pm

What I loved most about Winter Games was not only the international cast, but also the sports aspect and no intruders. Those three factors made for a more successful formula imo, especially having sport competitions which were fun and in good spirit and as such there was less drama because the focus was on the contestants actually doing something other than drinking and gossiping on a beach like with BIP. 

If WG had been more like BIP with an international cast just drinking mostly and going on dates, I don't think it would have been as fun to watch. So I think having an international cast on BIP won't be near as good as Winter Games, especially if they bring back the same past international contestants from Winter Games (I can see viewers finding that getting old quickly). It would be nice if they made BIP with summer sport events like Summer Games but I'm not sure they'd do so, so as to keep the shows a bit different from each other. 
I much prefer Winter Games to BIP so I hope they confirm it coming back next year  Praying
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:24 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:What I loved most about Winter Games was not only the international cast, but also the sports aspect and no intruders. Those three factors made for a more successful formula imo, especially having sport competitions which were fun and in good spirit and as such there was less drama because the focus was on the contestants actually doing something other than drinking and gossiping on a beach like with BIP. 

If WG had been more like BIP with an international cast just drinking mostly and going on dates, I don't think it would have been as fun to watch. So I think having an international cast on BIP won't be near as good as Winter Games, especially if they bring back the same past international contestants from Winter Games (I can see viewers finding that getting old quickly). It would be nice if they made BIP with summer sport events like Summer Games but I'm not sure they'd do so, so as to keep the shows a bit different from each other. 
I much prefer Winter Games to BIP so I hope they confirm it coming back next year  Praying

I agree, BiP got so tiring I skipped the last one and barely watched most of BiP3. I just don't care anymore. It is like the bachelor, the formula is old to me. I still watch the bachelorette, for me the women are much more interesting as a lead.

Winter games was a breath of fresh air, plus they genuinely seemed to like each other, instead of on BiP where the sit around complaining about who will come next to mess up their time

JMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:48 pm

I think WG has more of a Bachelor Pad feel to it... without the money prize at the end. I liked that the competitions were actual sports and not made up stupid games like Bachelor Pad. The contestants were also kept busy with the practicing for the various competitions as well so there wasn't the downtime that BIP has for the contestants. I also liked that the whole cast was there at the start.

They could easily revamp BIP to include competitions on the beach. Beach volleyball comes first to my mind. Just start out with your 25 contestants and whittle it down from there.

It has never been fair to those contestants that entered late in the game in BIP... especially the last couple of episodes. Could you imagine how different BIP 3 would have been if Leah Block had been there from the start... she wanted to meet Chad who left the day before she entered. We may not have had all the Lace/Chad drama at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:00 pm

I actually really enjoyed Winter Games in a way I just haven’t the other incarnations of this show recently. I hope they bring t back, or modify BIP to use this kind of formula. BIP is tired. Bachelor Pad was always my favorite, so really no shock I enjoyed cheeseball Winter Games.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:10 pm

sosleepy wrote:I actually really enjoyed Winter Games in a way I just haven’t the other incarnations of this show recently. I hope they bring t back, or modify BIP to use this kind of formula. BIP is tired. Bachelor Pad was always my favorite, so really no shock I enjoyed cheeseball Winter Games.

I agree. I think the problem with Bachelor Pad is that you had couples that were only coupled up to get to the end for the money. It was a mixed bag of contestants as to why they were there. Some had their eye on the prize, others were there for romance. I mean you had Holly and Michael coupled up to get to the end (and win) but she wanted and ended up with Blake although Michael wanted to get back together with her.

WG for the most part had people there that wanted to be there for romance.

On a side note, I started listening to the Ashley/Ben (although no Ben) podcast that was done yesterday. It was Ashley, Kevin, Courtney and Lily in studio. Clare & Benoit called in and it was during them that my power went out so I just haven't gone back to listen to the rest of it. But in that short time the one thing that they talked about was Ben and the fact he didn't hit it off with anyone. Evidently both Bibi and Tiffany were very interested in him but he friend zoned them. Of course, Ashley was standing up for him and I don't think the other 3 wanted to say anything but I got the feeling that they felt he had no interest in being involved with anyone at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+79
MiniDiva
timfan
ddsmom17
Tiggerlgh
pavalygurl