SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 3:34 pm

umngirl wrote:I don't know if anyone else loves numbers and stats as much as me, but this is great.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-bachelorette/

I started reading it but it made my brain hurt nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 70 3806527698

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by umngirl Mon May 22, 2017 3:36 pm

ReneeM wrote:
umngirl wrote:I don't know if anyone else loves numbers and stats as much as me, but this is great.

I started reading it but it made my brain hurt nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 70 3806527698

Lol. It's definitely a lot. I hope they do a bunch of statistical analysis on this season. #NerdAlert

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 70 87b72b10 nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 70 86669110 nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 70 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:37 pm

ReneeM wrote:

Yeah, I love me some 538/Nate Silver (as much as they've let me down), but I'm so confused with their rose petal graphics. Need someone smarter than me to explain it like I'm five years old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm

@Sprite I think the point I and some others were making is that she is gracious to people who are not in the so-called "squad". That those girls are not getting on the show because of their support of Rachel and therefore have nothing to gain by being supportive, which likely indicates they might actually truly want to support Rachel.

I also think that people have just a much of a right to contest interpretations in sleuthing threads with their own interpretations and evidence. That's what sleuthing is, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:42 pm

ReneeM wrote:

Major takeaways below, source in @umngirl 's post above:

The first-impression rose is a great way to identify an early favorite but a poor way to pick a winner.

Date roses buy contestants about two more weeks on the show.

One-on-one dates are more valuable earlier in the season

and going on a two-on-one date means that a contestant is probably toast.

But most of all, if someone manages to make it past week one, they’re already closer to love than a third of all contestants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 3:44 pm

A1day1 wrote:@sprite okay, gotcha! I'm neutral to this situation, since I personally don't know any of these girls, but almost all of them have had questionable comments/actions that have been filmed or alleged against them. I just think that the people that DO know her have speaken so highly about her, even Danielle M and Taylor mocha, who are vanessa's "squad". I guess I'm just confused as where people get this arrogant vibe from, but I guess some people are more sensitive to certain banter than others.

Some of us have been here a long time! I know for myself, I have spent way too much time on this forum than is probably good for me, but it is a form of stress therapy for me. I think it can be strange for new members to read here and to think we form opinions based on so little, however many of us have done this for years. We see patterns of how things work on this show...not just editing, but post filming behaviours. It still surprises even me how often we have got it right based on so little. After a while, you get a little cynical and move past the fanning of individuals and just enjoy the hunt.

Hope you enjoy your time with us. It's always nice to hear opinions of those who are new to all this and not quite as cold blooded about it all.

Last edited by Sprite on Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon May 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Yasss!!!! I am also a numbers & stats girl (do this for work too giggling )...those bubble charts that show the fate of the contestants are major & really well done yes The pie distributions with the petals are a bit much but I get the point they were making. Thanks for sharing this.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 3:47 pm

MissSid wrote:
ReneeM wrote:

Major takeaways below, source in @umngirl 's post above:

The first-impression rose is a great way to identify an early favorite but a poor way to pick a winner.

Date roses buy contestants about two more weeks on the show.

One-on-one dates are more valuable earlier in the season

and going on a two-on-one date means that a contestant is probably toast.

But most of all, if someone manages to make it past week one, they’re already closer to love than a third of all contestants.

Thanks for summarizing! Everything started blurring together for me laugh out loud

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm

@sprite haha I don't think it's cold-blooded at all! Just wanted to understand. It must be hard to like a lot of people in this franchise I assume

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm

That was a great article! But I wish they had separated out the Bachelor and the Bachelorette in their analysis just to see if there is any significant difference between how contestants do on the Bachelor vs. the Bachelorette.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm

I have a feeling this board will be more interesting than the show ! At least for me, 2pop

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon May 22, 2017 3:49 pm

umngirl wrote:
ReneeM wrote:

Lol. It's definitely a lot. I hope they do a bunch of statistical analysis on this season. #NerdAlert

This is awesome! Who wrote this? Had to be a nerd here! For sure. I love it! laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1