SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:50 pm

@realitytvfan11 The bachelorette is more successful than the bachelor. IMHO

Back to top Go down

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 pm

ReneeM wrote:

Thanks for summarizing! Everything started blurring together for me laugh out loud

I can't really take credit for that. They summarized it at the end. I just separated it into nice little bubbles. nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 2498057887

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 pm

sosleepy wrote:
umngirl wrote:
ReneeM wrote:

I started reading it but it made my brain hurt nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 3806527698

Lol. It's definitely a lot. I hope they do a bunch of statistical analysis on this season. #NerdAlert

This is awesome! Who wrote this? Had to be a nerd here! For sure. I love it! laugh out loud

It's by crew over at Five Thirty Eight. The website is basically a giant love fest to stats, odds, numbers. It's glorious. Lol

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 87b72b10 nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 86669110 nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 pm

umngirl wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
umngirl wrote:I don't know if anyone else loves numbers and stats as much as me, but this is great.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-bachelorette/

I started reading it but it made my brain hurt nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 3806527698

Lol. It's definitely a lot. I hope they do a bunch of statistical analysis on this season. #NerdAlert

Thanks. Loved that. Very interesting. I dread to think how much work had to go into that. I waiting for someone to do a dissertation on the Bachelor/ette for their doctoral dissertation.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon May 22, 2017 3:57 pm

realitytvfan11 wrote:@Sprite I think the point I and some others were making is that she is gracious to people who are not in the so-called "squad". That those girls are not getting on the show because of their support of Rachel and therefore have nothing to gain by being supportive, which likely indicates they might actually truly want to support Rachel.

I also think that people have just a much of a right to contest interpretations in sleuthing threads with their own interpretations and evidence. That's what sleuthing is, right?

I disagree that they have nothing to gain by being supportive IMO. Look at Becca and what her association and BFF status with Jojo has done for her brand IMO. The squad's constant harping about Rachel's 'leftovers' makes me truly question the authenticity of those friendships.

ITA with all your posts @Sprite. For me, just because she is gracious to some people and the crew, doesn't negate the times she is less than gracious to others based on her own comments in interviews (JMO).

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 pm

realitytvfan11 wrote:@Sprite I think the point I and some others were making is that she is gracious to people who are not in the so-called "squad". That those girls are not getting on the show because of their support of Rachel and therefore have nothing to gain by being supportive, which likely indicates they might actually truly want to support Rachel.

I also think that people have just a much of a right to contest interpretations in sleuthing threads with their own interpretations and evidence. That's what sleuthing is, right?

I doubt they would have shown up on this season if they didn't get along with Rachel. I didn't see Nick and Vanessa coming to give her advice and they have a lot more insight than dolphin/shark girl. Not saying that some or all of them don't like her, but I am not blind to possible self serving motives.

By all means everyone is entitled to present evidence in sleuthing threads, it's just that sometimes they become cheering sections rather than sleuthing sections. It takes a lot to warm my cold heart when it comes to these contestants. nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 2498057887

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 pm

@Coolangel @sprite Maybe I wasn't clear, but my point was that she is gracious to women who are not in her squad. Danielle M., Danielle L., Jaimi, Dominique, Taylor, Lacey, both Elizabeths aren't getting onto the show or getting Instagram sponsorships because of their association with Rachel, yet they do it anyways. That, IMO, speaks to them genuinely wanting to support Rachel because they genuinely like her as a person. Not to mention Corinne, who has a greater following than Rachel and doesn't need to attach herself to Rachel in order to be popular.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 4:12 pm

A1day1 wrote:@sprite haha I don't think it's cold-blooded at all! Just wanted to understand. It must be hard to like a lot of people in this franchise I assume

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 71 3806527698 Seriously, with each growing year it gets harder. It is the rare contestant these days that just comes on for the fun and the adventure...I won't even get into finding someone. It seems to be more and more attention seekers who don't want to work and just want to be paid for appearances and to "blog". Sometimes I wonder why I even bother any more, but I would miss the sleuthing and many of the fine posters on the board. And I must admit, it does make finding the occasional unicorn that much sweeter.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Lara wrote:snipped..

Exactly...which is why Rachel is so different, IMO! She's been kind to everyone, including the less popular girls in the house, Vanessa's two best friends, and random crew members and extras on the group dates (who have posted in the Rose Buddies FB group and on IG about how incredibly kind and sweet she was). She has no use for those people, yet that doesn't change how she treats them. No one is saying Rachel is perfect, but I just haven't seen any firsthand accounts of people saying that Rachel treated them badly in any way. Whereas I've heard quite a few of them regarding Andi (and a certain ex-Bachelor, but that's neither here nor there). IMO.

Rachel hasn't been kind to everyone imo. Belittling someone's character and stating she is going on to better things, being caught on live IG story saying she did not like V, laughing, suttle shade towards Vanessa, not including V in congrat's to Nick, she's friends with a group of contestants who enjoyed posting on SM, yelling we love you Raven, and at the same time making fun of Nick's father crying, Alexis, fake crying making fun of him, posting a pic of him on tv while it was airing, posting a pic of a man's genitals over Nick's face with an arrow pointing to him, and more examples than I care to think about is not being kind to everyone. At the time it's like Rachel the popular high school girl, giving orders to her minions, all the while she was supporting them but mentioning how close she is to them.

Her squad is fawning all over her because IMO this gives them exposure. Lets see how loving and adoring they are when the next season starts.

Andi was adored by many of her fans. Andi also felt it was ok not to mince with words. IA that's a good trait to have, although there's a way to do it and and way not to do it. You don't have to knock people down to try and make yourself look good. Being rude and knocking people down IMO is not good thing and Rachel's 7, is it more now? have proven that's they way they roll.

Even after a brutal hockey game, bloody noses and stitches, they line up, shake hands, and wish the losing team well.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare2b... Mon May 22, 2017 4:16 pm

There is nothing that Rachel has done so far yet that puts her in MeAndi territory IMO. Even if you ascribe full ill intent to all of the little quips she's made, MeAndi was rude, abrasive and ill-tempered not just on the show but beyond. I get that people may not like Rachel but it is definitely a stretch to place her in the same category as Andi IMO.

And as many have already shared here, the people who have met her - not just the squad, but the rest of the cast, reporters, interviewers, photographers, the crew, etc. have been practically unanimous in praising her so that to me means a whole lot.

Just about everyone who has been in this position has said or made quips that was not entirely complimentary to others. Our former bachelor, the subject of this banter, has made plenty of his own. I recall him following and liking comments from a Twitter poster, who made extremely crude remarks about Andi and Josh (This is before all the bad stuff about Josh came out when they were still in the honeymoon stage).

My point is that it seems a little disingenuous to me to suggest that she is this terrible person over a comment that I personally thought she shouldn't have made, but in the grand scheme of things is not the worst thing she could have said.

Time will tell obviously, but I think the deification/crucifixion of Rachel goes both ways IMO. We are all capable of being biased either in favor of or against a contestant.

Dare2b...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:20 pm

coolangel wrote:

I disagree that they have nothing to gain by being supportive IMO. Look at Becca and what her association and BFF status with Jojo has done for her brand IMO. The squad's constant harping about Rachel's 'leftovers' makes me truly question the authenticity of those friendships.

ITA with all your posts @Sprite. For me, just because she is gracious to some people and the crew, doesn't negate the times she is less than gracious to others based on her own comments in interviews (JMO).

All JMO

Corinne and Raven both half almost double of Rachel's following. They have very little to gain from her friendship, IMO. Not to mention that Corinne has gone after Vanessa, the one girl in her season that had a higher following and the most star power as of right now, and Nick who has over a million followers. If she's trying to pick her friends out of what she can get out of them...she's doing a *really* bad job. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 4:22 pm

realitytvfan11 wrote:@Coolangel @sprite Maybe I wasn't clear, but my point was that she is gracious to women who are not in her squad. Danielle M., Danielle L., Jaimi, Dominique, Taylor, Lacey, both Elizabeths aren't getting onto the show or getting Instagram sponsorships because of their association with Rachel, yet they do it anyways. That, IMO, speaks to them genuinely wanting to support Rachel because they genuinely like her as a person. Not to mention Corinne, who has a greater following than Rachel and doesn't need to attach herself to Rachel in order to be popular.

I'm not saying that some or all of them don't truly like her, but that doesn't mean their motives are all pure. I also keep in mind that none of those people was a threat to her on the show or crossed her.

I look at the overall picture. I know it may seem like I don't like Rachel, but that is not the case. She has many good points, but I am also aware of several things she has done...post show...that I didn't care for and those are the things that make me go hmmm. I will keep them in mind for the future to see if I am correct or incorrect in my evaluation of Rachel. Right now I'm still Switzerland.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1