SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:24 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Lara wrote:snipped..

Exactly...which is why Rachel is so different, IMO! She's been kind to everyone, including the less popular girls in the house, Vanessa's two best friends, and random crew members and extras on the group dates (who have posted in the Rose Buddies FB group and on IG about how incredibly kind and sweet she was). She has no use for those people, yet that doesn't change how she treats them. No one is saying Rachel is perfect, but I just haven't seen any firsthand accounts of people saying that Rachel treated them badly in any way. Whereas I've heard quite a few of them regarding Andi (and a certain ex-Bachelor, but that's neither here nor there). IMO.

Rachel hasn't been kind to everyone imo. Belittling someone's character and stating she is going on to better things, being caught on live IG story saying she did not like V, laughing, suttle shade towards Vanessa, not including V in congrat's to Nick, she's friends with a group of contestants who enjoyed posting on SM, yelling we love you Raven, and at the same time making fun of Nick's father crying, Alexis, fake crying making fun of him, posting a pic of him on tv while it was airing, posting a pic of a man's genitals over Nick's face with an arrow pointing to him, and more examples than I care to think about is not being kind to everyone. At the time it's like Rachel the popular high school girl, giving orders to her minions, all the while she was supporting them but mentioning how close she is to them.

Her squad is fawning all over her because IMO this gives them exposure. Lets see how loving and adoring they are when the next season starts.

Andi was adored by many of her fans. Andi also felt it was ok not to mince with words. IA that's a good trait to have, although there's a way to do it and and way not to do it. You don't have to knock people down to try and make yourself look good. Being rude and knocking people down IMO is not good thing and Rachel's 7, is it more now? have proven that's they way they roll.

Even after a brutal hockey game, bloody noses and stitches, they line up, shake hands, and wish the losing team well.

Re: the bolded. If, in reality, this were anywhere near the case, I would expect Vanessa's close friends from the show (Danielle M and Taylor) to keep silent about Rachel. Yet the opposite has happened. They have been more than effusive in their praise and support of Rachel. I get that Rachel isn't everyone's cup of tea, and sure she was insensitive in her remarks about Nick on Live with Kelly, but I don't see how she is giving orders to her "minions"--everyone is a grown person who can make their own decisions. All IMO.

Last edited by realitytvfan11 on Mon May 22, 2017 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Mia_Leoni Mon May 22, 2017 4:25 pm

It's good to put things into perspective.

If it's her habit to put others down, or be ungracious, that's not flattering.

I haven't really noticed a pattern yet, personally. It's clear that she and Vanessa are not on good terms, and it isn't classy to shade Nick, even jokingly.

If this is her attitude moving forward, not cool. I will reserve my judgements till then.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Sprite wrote:
realitytvfan11 wrote:@Coolangel @sprite Maybe I wasn't clear, but my point was that she is gracious to women who are not in her squad. Danielle M., Danielle L., Jaimi, Dominique, Taylor, Lacey, both Elizabeths aren't getting onto the show or getting Instagram sponsorships because of their association with Rachel, yet they do it anyways. That, IMO, speaks to them genuinely wanting to support Rachel because they genuinely like her as a person. Not to mention Corinne, who has a greater following than Rachel and doesn't need to attach herself to Rachel in order to be popular.

I'm not saying that some or all of them don't truly like her, but that doesn't mean their motives are all pure. I also keep in mind that none of those people was a threat to her on the show or crossed her.

I look at the overall picture. I know it may seem like I don't like Rachel, but that is not the case. She has many good points, but I am also aware of several things she has done...post show...that I didn't care for and those are the things that make me go hmmm. I will keep them in mind for the future to see if I am correct or incorrect in my evaluation of Rachel. Right now I'm still Switzerland.

I don't see how Raven and Corinne weren't threats to her. Raven had already met Nick's parents at week 4, essentially confirming she was a frontrunner, and everyone has said that Corinne/Nick's connection was obvious in the house. And Mills has said that Kristina would have likely been the Bachelorette if Rachel wasn't, so there's another threat to her when it comes to being the Bachelorette and I'm sure she sensed that given her backstory and popularity in the house. Again, I remind people that the reason Raven said they were all team Rachel was because Rachel *wasn't* the typical competitive female they were used to and that she saw the beauty in all. She was surrounded by beautiful women, who were her competition, and she got along with everyone except one. And that one person had issues with many people. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Mon May 22, 2017 4:30 pm

@reason here you go..

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 Rachel-lindsay-wears-sneakers-with-hot-pink-dress
http://www.justjared.com/2017/05/22/the-bachelorettes-rachel-lindsay-wears-sneakers-with-her-hot-pink-dress-in-nyc/

Last edited by Carine on Mon May 22, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon May 22, 2017 4:32 pm

@Dare2b... love your post because it articulates the wonderful back & forth that takes place season after season on the forum IMO. The last TB is beloved by many on this forum IMO & any criticism by non-admirers are met with justification as to how the criticisms are un-warranted (within the rules of course).  Now we have a case where the current Bette is also beloved by many & the cycle continues....just par for the course on the forum IMHO. And I say this as someone that has nothing against any of these contestants; the banter is all good though because it's boring IMO if we all see or feel the same way Hugesmile

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:36 pm

@Carine Thanks she look hot and sexy.

@Lara the one she would not get along with was the one who was carrying stories behind her back to the lead.  Everyone else that was there said when they had problems she comfort them, and saw the beauty in everyone and acknowledge it. When she gave Raven the compliment in that video it speaks volumes why they love her to me IMHO You could visible see Raven starting to tear up. She acknowledges them for who they are, which sometimes are rear to find in people. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Lara wrote:
Sprite wrote:
realitytvfan11 wrote:@Coolangel @sprite Maybe I wasn't clear, but my point was that she is gracious to women who are not in her squad. Danielle M., Danielle L., Jaimi, Dominique, Taylor, Lacey, both Elizabeths aren't getting onto the show or getting Instagram sponsorships because of their association with Rachel, yet they do it anyways. That, IMO, speaks to them genuinely wanting to support Rachel because they genuinely like her as a person. Not to mention Corinne, who has a greater following than Rachel and doesn't need to attach herself to Rachel in order to be popular.

I'm not saying that some or all of them don't truly like her, but that doesn't mean their motives are all pure. I also keep in mind that none of those people was a threat to her on the show or crossed her.

I look at the overall picture. I know it may seem like I don't like Rachel, but that is not the case. She has many good points, but I am also aware of several things she has done...post show...that I didn't care for and those are the things that make me go hmmm. I will keep them in mind for the future to see if I am correct or incorrect in my evaluation of Rachel. Right now I'm still Switzerland.

I don't see how Raven and Corinne weren't threats to her. Raven had already met Nick's parents at week 4, essentially confirming she was a frontrunner, and everyone has said that Corinne/Nick's connection was obvious in the house. And Mills has said that Kristina would have likely been the Bachelorette if Rachel wasn't, so there's another threat to her when it comes to being the Bachelorette and I'm sure she sensed that given her backstory and popularity in the house. Again, I remind people that the reason Raven said they were all team Rachel was because Rachel *wasn't* the typical competitive female they were used to and that she saw the beauty in all. She was surrounded by beautiful women, who were her competition, and she got along with everyone except one. And that one person had issues with many people. IMO.

Because pretty much all the women knew Nick would pick Vanessa. Several of the early....more neutral....eliminated women commented that he would pick her because he always was looking for V and knew where she was. Hence her ONLY competition in the house was V. As for Kristina being the Bette, again, that was up to Rachel. She didn't have to compete with anyone...other than V. And did anyone seriously think that Corine would be F1?

I don't want to keep deadhorse or get off topic. This is my opinion. I liked Rachel when we first started sleuthing Nick's season. I liked her during the show. Post show, there have now been several questionable things said and done by her, that give me pause. As a result, I am now neutral on Rachel. I will wait to see how things go from here....during the show and post show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 4:47 pm

I think a big thing that's been overlooked in this entire convo is Rachel's sense of humour. It's very off brand and not PC at all. Even things towards her by her 'friends' that I would find offensive if I were her, are things she laughs at and finds funny. All Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare2b... Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 pm

mercieme wrote:@Dare2b... love your post because it articulates the wonderful back & forth that takes place season after season on the forum IMO. The last TB is beloved by many on this forum IMO & any criticism by non-admirers are met with justification as to how the criticisms are un-warranted (within the rules of course).  Now we have a case where the current Bette is also beloved by many & the cycle continues....just par for the course on the forum IMHO. And I say this as someone that has nothing against any of these contestants; the banter is all good though because it's boring IMO if we all see or feel the same way Hugesmile

I only sporadically checked the boards before Andi's season, but became a regular lurker during her season and beyond, and now occasionally post. It seems to me that some contestants do tend to become a polarizing force here laugh out loud. Nick first and now Rachel. I liked both in their original seasons and reserve the right to change my mind at any time. I don't obsess over any one on this franchise but it's amusing to me to see how we twist ourselves into knots to justify why we like who we like and vice versa.

P.S. I'm not trying to criticize anyone simply make an observation. Hope that's within the rules. Mods please feel delete if it crosses the bounds.

Dare2b...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 pm

not sure if anyone saw this video yet but here are some screen caps i took.
looks like thats peter and rachel on the first 1 on 1 i think
nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 Screen13

then thats dean and rachel kissing, looks like he got a 1 on 1 in europe too
[url=https://servimg.com/view/19696882/12nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 Screen14[/url]

then these two pictures, i can't really see who it is but i think its peter with the fire works

nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 Screen15
nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 Screen11

source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbKqSrEXsg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:53 pm

umngirl wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
umngirl wrote:I don't know if anyone else loves numbers and stats as much as me, but this is great.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-bachelorette/

I started reading it but it made my brain hurt nerdalert - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 72 3806527698

Lol. It's definitely a lot. I hope they do a bunch of statistical analysis on this season. #NerdAlert

I read a fair bit of sports articles and blogs. There are lots of sites that do great statistical analysis. 538 is NOT one of them. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon May 22, 2017 4:56 pm

reason wrote:@Carine Thanks she look hot and sexy.

@Lara the one she would not get along with was the one who was carrying stories behind her back to the lead.  Everyone else that was there said when they had problems she comfort them, and saw the beauty in everyone and acknowledge it. When she gave Raven the compliment in that video it speaks volumes why they love her to me IMHO You could visible see Raven starting to tear up.  She acknowledges them for who they are, which sometimes are rear to find in people. IMHO

But that's just according to RS. After the show, the so said person has been nothing but courteous to Rachel.
Anyway, I hope this season will be focused on the individual relationship, and a love story between Rachel and Peter.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1