SELECT CONTENT

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Page 26 of 50 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by bleuberry Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Are we teetering on mocking opinions yet?

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 26 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:26 pm

I may not go to chiropractors myself, but they go through extensive training and pass licensing exams to practice. Much like physical therapy over the years chiropractic education has grown more rigorous. So while I don't use them, they are most definitely in my opinion a profession.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 pm

I love Bryan and have no shame admitting it, others don't and that's fine to. People need to remember it's just a show and not to take things personally as next season you could be on the same team, no need to be snarky. I've seen it more from Peter fans but either way, we should just agree to disagree Smiley

All JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 pm

@Diana I agree that it's not worth sniping at your fellow posters over. Plus it's much more fun to snark at contestants Hugesmile

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 26 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:56 pm

This isn't the forum to mock fellow posters opinions, or play see saw to see who has the best come back. There are other options, stay in a fan thread, respond in a polite respectful manner, don't post, or leave.

Topic is locked until the posts are deleted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Thanks so much @Kashathediva and @Seabear.

Given how excited Bryan seems to be for this episode (although he's been excited for every episode)... I'm wondering more and more about the dynamic with his mom and how it plays out.

The more I think about it... The more I wonder if his mom's reservations aren't really going to rattle Rachel? She clearly wants Bryan's family to accept and like her. But, be bothered by skepticism in regards to if the process is genuine and real? I don't think she will let that color her like of any member of his family if they're hesitant to believe-- of course I have to hear the death threat in context, but, laugh out loud. Rachel has been very understanding of anyone who is skeptical of the process and I remember how cool she was when the other guys tried to make it a whole big thing about Eric and his reservations about her early in the season. She totally understood. Maybe this will be a redo of that.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:40 pm

It will be an interesting episode. Most moms and most dads, imo,  initially think no one is good enough for our children until we see those potential significant others in action and are won over.  At that point, I know at least for me, there was no other person I wanted to work with more than my son-in-law in order to make my daughter happy.  Happy wife, happy life. If my son-in-law is happy, my daughter is happy.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:43 am

Seabear wrote:IMO the majority/all the hate that goes toward Bryan is because he is not Peter because Bryan has always been the only viable competition in the eyes of the Peter fanatics. What is crazy on SM is the levels of deification of Perfect Peter and lost in the crazy is that the Bachelorette is about RACHEL finding the right man for HER. Not the demigod the masses have anointed. I shudder to think of what Rachel's life would have been like if she had chosen Peter and ever did anything less than display endless worshipful adoration toward him. Peter plays to his SM fanatics so IMO he has exacerbated this ugly situation. Suspect  no no
All JMO

ITA esp. the bolded! :yes: It's like Bryan can't do anything right and will be criticized for even breathing IMO. In that sense, he might be the new Nick IMO. no no

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 am

do you think bryan and rachel are the most hated bachelorette couple?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:26 am

rachelisqueen wrote:do you think bryan and rachel are the most hated bachelorette couple?

Sorry, but I just can't fathom why you asked this question. Why should there be "hate" which is a rather strong word and one we try to avoid on this forum (or such has been my experience)? If she picks him and he picks her, that is their business. On what basis should anyone "hate" them. I'd really be interested for you to post a reply or send me a PM. Thank you.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 am

@likeashipblown bowdown

you just captured what I see/saw for a long time.

At first I went for Peter F1 when I was non spoiled, then so many things did not match and quickly I adapted the script they are using all the time and Bryan is fitting right in

But for me, IG is/was a huge factor and the cherry on top of the cake. Not much about comments, do not read them and the couple I read made me convince that haters who have no respect on private IGa are not worthy to spend time with and are kinda disturbing and yucky, so I stopped reading and concentrated on pictures and hashtags only.

I did not change my mind: Bryan is NOW very much in love.... very much MIA like most F1 do after the FRC... but most of it, nothing made me think he is not genuine when I see him.

Being loud and extravert is not a sin. It does not mean fake. Some people and/or culture are that way. Expressing feelings is not a bad thing. In this bubble, with so many guys in the mansion, bryan was smart enough to use every minute dedicated to Rachel IMO. I do see a love story and that is all I wish to see.

So when Rachel said "you won't know" (not verbatim).... considering who is put on a pedestal now, this match everything I see and sleugh... IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am

@kashathediva You make such great points. Especially given the fast pace of of this and the lack of exposure the individuals have to the family units in general until this one moment-- it makes sense that all parents would be truly skeptical and/or guarded until proven and shown otherwise, honestly. I'm actually thinking the Lindsay's will be tougher.

@rachelisqueen I don't think Rachel and Bryan will be the most hated couple, honestly. IMO, I think some of the "everyone hates Bryan and Bryan and Rachel" talk is exacerbated by group think, assimilation, and all of the other usual issues that come along with the psychographics and demographics of the online community/social media and culture that social media embodies.

In Bryan's case... Bryan has over 100,00 followers, placing him third behind only Dean and Peter. And Bryan's been able to amass all of those followers with this "edit." with no true sob story pulling at people's heart strings, conflict (to this point), and with one hand tied behind his back due to his "sloppy seconds" comment. He's got the third largest following despite or in spite of allll of that. He's doing okay.

I think his demise has been exaggerated to some extent, imo. And if you read all of his comments-- which I do-- he and Rachel actually get a lot of support in them.

Then if you look at the anti-comments and people spewing vitriol, I hadn't even been following this fandom this closely on social media for long but it seems to be the same core group of truly rude people trolling and saying the same things in everyone's comments.

I can legit name the same posters and their handles being awful everywhere-- that's how prevalent they are. And lots of times those people are the loudest and thus color the perception completely or to some extent.

Dean's fans, Eric's fans, Bryan's fans... There's a trend of none of those guys having fans crossing the same lines en mass in their hate and vitriol about the other guys, and Dean has the largest fandom by follower count.

This hate situation is an issue primarily with one faction of one fanbase (because I'm not singling out a whole fanbase), more than anything, imo. And I think that faction of that fanbase has been further exacerbated by certain variables, but I'm going to keep it extra cute. Lol.

When I talk to sorority sisters, friends from work, anyone unspoiled who also isn't following closely or immersed in online fandom, they all like or love Bryan and when forced to name her top two, always include him. They see them as getting a blatant "love story" and almost think it can't be Bryan primarily because it would have been too obvious from the beginning they were falling "in love." Lulz. I'm always tempted to be like: Let me tell you a thing...

And even when Bryan gets called out by podcasts, blogs, critics... He usually gets called out for truly superficial reasons, or selling products (which a large portion of America does and will not hold against him). Some people come for the "insurance fraud" but that's a case in which people are wholly ignorant on the topic and when that happens? Evs.

I honestly think if these reasons stay the reasons he's being vilified-- we're blessed.

I can name plenty of Bachelor guys who have had worse and more tangible and real issues for being critiqued. "Too smooth, charming" and what not.... Oh. I'll take that over some of the other stuff we've seen in the past. I'd prefer that over cheater, abuser, alcoholic, liar, multiple girlfriends coming out to say he's a walking trashbag, and honestly a slew of red flags from past people who have gone on to be liked well enough, mind you. Lmfao.

Now, none of that is to say that I don't think there's plenty of dislike and hate and discord, because there is a super polarized situation this season, and I don't think it will be easy, I also think there's a built in perception/racial/cultural dynamic that I will tread very carefully in noting and not go in to details about that will also make things harder on them than any others, but I don't think the hate on the whole is as bad as some make it out to be and/or I think Rachel and Bryan will be able to ease some of hater nation when they do their media tour.

Rachel called one person out and others ran to apologize to her for their behavior this quick. I'm going to be very interested to see how people's perceptions alter the more we get to see Rachel and the other guys speaking up soon.

I don't think she's here for the b.s. I think she's prepared to clear up the commentary of people who spew ignorance about her or her man or think they know better than her. I think that will work soothe some small fraction of the haters and the others, I'm inclined to believe she won't care about.

And like I mentioned in my last post, I think people underestimate her intelligence, thought process, and/or those who assume they are getting to know these relationships based off an "edit" do so at their own peril. Her comment makes that EXTRA clear.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 50 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

+82
luv2laugh
twinkle73
whit90
Maddy
gurlbrit