SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamRachel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 79 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by Dessler Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:33 am

I just went through Rachel's twitter, the only time her reply was related to Peter was the person who said to move on, the remaining tweets were replies to tweets that were specifically about her. People are exaggerating about her bringing up Peter on SM. She has not mentioned him once since the AFTR .
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

TeamRachel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 79 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by bleuberry Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 am

What I find interesting is that people have sort of shifted their snark from Bryan to Rachel. He's already way more likeable than he was on the show and it's nice to hear him speak outside of cliché platitudes. Rachel on the other hand couldn't have been on a higher pedestal with everyone (viewers, celebs, media, TPTB ) singing her praises. Her fall has been kinda sad - some of it self-inflicted, some if it not. JMO.

TeamRachel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 79 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 am

Her fall has been very sad because imho she hasn't really done anything but answers questions that were asked of her and she answered those questions honestly. Her SM response has been nowhere near the level that people are making it out to be and even then they weren't about Peter, they were comments people made about her. I personally think she needs to fade to obscurity, she's not the media darling anymore.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 am

Dessler wrote:I just went through Rachel's twitter, the only time her reply was related to Peter was the person who said to move on, the remaining tweets were replies to tweets that were specifically about her. People are exaggerating about her bringing up Peter on SM. She has not mentioned him once since the AFTR .

She responded to the tweet about his bachelor season, the one where Patti Stanger is shading Peter, the one from Jennifer Maas who is Team Peter and wanted that to be why they weren't on Jimmy Kimmel because she changed her mind with Bryan, and the one from the fan who said she saw a love story with Peter.

She might not be shading him in every single one, but she's involved herself with Peter talk on social media. It's her account. She can do whatever. I just think she's making it worse for herself than it needs to be. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:09 am

@bleuberry doesn't that happen with almost every lead, though? The only way for her was down, from the pedestal she was put, and really there was nowhere for Bryan to go, but up. He was called a con artist, sleaze, trash, and whatever name they could throw at him. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:37 am

bleuberry wrote:What I find interesting is that people have sort of shifted their snark from Bryan to Rachel. He's already way more likeable than he was on the show and it's nice to hear him speak outside of cliché platitudes. Rachel on the other hand couldn't have been on a higher pedestal with everyone (viewers, celebs, media, TPTB ) singing her praises. Her fall has been kinda sad - some of it self-inflicted, some if it not. JMO.

Rachel's "fall" has less to do with who she is as a person and more to do with people unhappiness with the outcome of a reality dating show. Rachel is still exactly who she has always been.  People were willing to love her and shower her with platitudes as long as she did what they wanted her to do.  That love for her was all artificial.

IMO Rachel is now free to drop the deadweight of fairweather friends and fans for those who really are #teamrachel and support her. I saw some idiot call her the most hated Bachelorette - hated- really because she didnt pick Peter?! laugh out loud who needs a "fan" like that. Rachel can tell them all FOH!

People aren't perfect and pedestals aren't safe...one wrong move and a nasty tumble is sure to follow. Peter should be well advised on that if he's the next Bachelor.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:27 am

I don't think she's the most hated. I think she's taking the hardest tumble of them all. Even after all that, I still think she was the best Bachelorette ever.

The Bachelors seems to have a lower bar. Basically just don't pick the villain laugh out loud

TeamRachel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 79 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 am

bleuberry wrote:What I find interesting is that people have sort of shifted their snark from Bryan to Rachel. He's already way more likeable than he was on the show and it's nice to hear him speak outside of cliché platitudes. Rachel on the other hand couldn't have been on a higher pedestal with everyone (viewers, celebs, media, TPTB ) singing her praises. Her fall has been kinda sad - some of it self-inflicted, some if it not. JMO.

This is generally what happens when the lead is put on a high pedestal unfortunately. It was huge with Deanna. From the getgo this season, Rachel's reminded me of Deanna's.
@Guardianangel and I spoke of this pedestal worship thing at length as early as last fall in regards to this season, etc.
I agree, it is very sad.
Ironically, I ended up liking Rachel more after the season than before it. She weathered it much better than I gave her credit.
ETA
Another who also was damaged by pedestal effects in the past imo:
Jen Scheft: she was damaged for years and referred to as SWSNBN.
Jason Mesnick. Yes, it took years before he was redeemed with his engagement to Molly. Melissa the crowd favorite as Peter was. He was reviled.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachelsseason Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:05 am

Jojo's reaction to the Finale:
https://youtu.be/JG_c9NECq_A

Rachelsseason

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:07 am

Did anyone ask Bryan about The Player show or the "sloppy seconds" comment?! Just curious since he took so much heat for both - wanted to know if he took the opportunity to clean those things up post show?
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:10 am

From what I heard post-show, a lot of people found their opinion of Rachel changed after seeing her on the ATFR show. I know I was disappointed in her although still think she was a good lead overall. I see her shading Peter now as (misguidedly imo) thinking she has to do that to defend Bryan not being the default. She could have done that while still treating her f2 with respect, imo. I'm hoping she moves on and concentrates on the guy she picked. TeamRachel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 79 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:19 am

I think she handled herself well on ATFR, in fact I think they all handled themselves very well. I don't know im empathic to all of them because it's an awkward situation.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

+88
Longhornfan
everly
George1218
summerdayze
pbmax
quietpal
umngirl
julychild
Rolly
mercieme
BlackHalo