SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 55 of 59 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamRachel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Alanna wrote:Yeah I don't know if Bryan is as much of a yes-man as he just is okay letting rachel have her way because it makes her happy and that's what's most important to him. If they had truly opposing viewpoints on something major (where to live or something like that), I think he'd know how to compromise with her. Some great posts in here!!

I don't think he's a yes man at all. He has things that he'd like to see happen, that are important to him, and he'll maturely discuss them with Rachel, and they'll reach to a decision together. He Imo clearly would like Rachel to take his last name when they get married, and I think this was one of those things they've discussed, and Rachel is taking his last name.
He's just not going to throw fits or tantrums to get his way, IMO. But that doesn't make him a yes man, IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

TeamRachel - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by likeashipblown Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:16 pm

You guys are making so many great points in here!

Cocoasneeze wrote:

I don't think he's a yes man at all. He has things that he'd like to see happen, that are important to him, and he'll maturely discuss them with Rachel, and they'll reach to a decision together. He Imo clearly would like Rachel to take his last name when they get married, and I think this was one of those things they've discussed, and Rachel is taking his last name.
He's just not going to throw fits or tantrums to get his way, IMO. But that doesn't make him a yes man, IMO.

And this is a great example. This is clearly important to him. She said she'd take his name legally/personally around the time of Men Tell All, because she wanted to make things easier for their kids and all else, but professionally she'd built her name and was going to likely keep it, plus she thought he'd be offended if she didn't take his name in some capacity. And now, two weeks later, she's just taking his name. Full stop. No qualifying statements. She's taking his name. Done. A prime example of... An issue that was important to him. He obvi made his stance clear. They have no come to an agreement.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:22 pm

I didn't realize the last name thing has changed laugh out loud And the funny/interesting thing is rachel seems not to notice or be bothered at all by this change. Even I hadn't noticed laugh out loud bryans voodoo works on me too, apparently.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 pm

likeashipblown wrote:
makeover wrote:@likeashipblown ITA about your read on Bryan. That is my read on him too. He is not an ignorant guy. He knows exactly what people are saying about him throughout the season but he has the self-restraint to not show his hand too much.

On the show, he was the same as well. Sometimes he would be involved in the guy chats but he never let himself be manipulated by the producers or other guys to truly badmouth anyone. I don't think that's because he's a saint but he's aware of what's going on. Even during his guy chat with Peter, when Peter straight-up told him he doesn't want to be sitting there with him, Bryan didn't come up with an rebuttal but just raised his eyebrows. That same eyebrow raise when Rachel gave Peter the group date rose, laugh out loud.

@makeover We could not agree more on our reads on Bryan. Could not agree more if we tried.

To this point, yes, he's not a saint, it's not because he didn't care, it's not because he's so chill nothing ever bothers him, he just holds on tightly (publicly) to his poker face. And you're so right. It wasn't just Peter's group date rose where you could see him show his hand a bit. Another great example of that was when Dean got the one-on-one date in South Carolina. Bryan was not pleased and he did not guard his reaction quickly enough and the camera caught it. Lmfao.

Almost like there's a box, or a circle, or certain parameters, and he's totally content to be chill within those boundaries. She can do her thing.

But everything else? I feel like he's very adept at getting his needs met and doing so in a way that best works for him/them. And while he's usually non-combative, true, he's very passionate and aggressive and almost tunnel vision when he wants something. If he wants something, he did not come to play, y'all.

See: How he pursued Rachel in general. Even your example of them kissing in the air, his "come on," when she told him "no," in that moment was completely aggressive. If he wants something, he's gonna get it, take it, or make it difficult for her to turn him down, at the very least.

Yeah, I don't get true "yes-man" vibes from him in any way, honestly. And to your point about "slowly but surely," yes, those were his exact words yesterday when discussing how he was getting Rachel on board to the idea of them getting another dog and she point blank acquiesced already in that interview and said, "we'll do it together," about getting the dog. He truly wants another dog. I'm betting it will happen unless Copper is like "eff no." Lol.

Also to your point, his mentality of getting what he needs from her/wants from her and his communication with her was honestly next level... I made this point in another thread, but very seriously, he's good at communicating with her in a way that he gets from her what he needs to be able to read her properly and act accordingly and when he can't read her and when she's giving him nothing to go on, like the minute he can't feel her, like the FSD night, he mentions it so she corrects it or has to fully explain herself and then... he can re-calibrate.

He's pretty straight-forward and direct in regards to tossing out leading questions or commentary that force her to have show her hand and Rachel will generally show her hand because homegirl has no poker face. Lol. In lots of ways, he sets the tone.

For instance some of the ways he'd just put stuff out there to get affirmed what he needed affirmed (paraphrasing):

1. "As long as you love me, you're good..." And then he'd watch her reaction. He'd get what he needed and keep it moving. 2. He discloses a fear to her and says, "This could happen again..." about breaking up with him. And then watches her reaction. 3. "As long as they know you love me..." Then watches her. 4. "When they see the love we have for each other..." And tries to read her.

Just a small sample of how not only was he telling her where he was in his head and where he needed her to be, he was also straight up telling her basically that she loved him, and all else... he was able to also get all he needs from her like that by watching her responses to him leading her, and never was he combative but he was almost always aggressive and leading and anything but a "yes-man." Lol.

The minute Rachel doesn't respond how he needs her to, he comes back at her. And sometimes, if you think he's let it go? Nah. he just needed a second to re-calibrate. We saw evidence of that when he was basically like, "You had me on the plane writing stuff down, hold up, we need to address this again... ." Lol.

This is the same man who told her he wasn't going to "let" her sabotage them. That she'd be making a huge mistake not picking him. Where do people get that this guy is a "yes-man"? He's so alpha/Type-A imo, it's bananas. I think his ability to seem so chill throws people off just how many Type-A/alpha boxes he checks off, tbh. But he's just mature and has a good self-monitor and I think most people are used to dealing with immature Type-A/alphas and ones that don't have good self-monitors. Lol.

I used to consider myself to be a fairly observant person but these observations are next level. You've outlined many things that would credibly support the claim that Bryan is a player/manipulative. But what shocks me is I can't disagree with a word you said above.

I'm not sure if he does this naturally all the time or just turns it on when he wants something like the way he wanted Rachel but there's no denying it, the boy has game.

I'm now starting to see

Qualifiers:
1. Ever dated a Colombian...you're in trouble (I'm unique), 2. I'm looking for something serious (I'm the real deal, these other guys aren't)

Mirroring:
1. Episode 3 or 4, Bryan says he's not focused on other guys, Rachel replies, "let's not." Bryan speaks louder and mirrors Rachel's let's not and quickly changes the subject.

This still doesn't change my mind about Bryan. This all could be his natural responses (there are naturals in the seduction community) but even if it's not natural and planned to some degree, he's obviously used his powers for good, there are no exes out there citing mistreatment and there is at least one ex who dumped him over his mom, so his powers of persuasion aren't full proof. All JMO

Last edited by kerriway on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Uh Ohh Y'all.
Peter and Dean appear to be playing strip poker on IG. Peter is down to his skivvies. It could be about to get risque. Maybe. Or, sad - as the case may be. I'm sorta scared actually. It's like a Playgirl revival, IMO. Tee Hee

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 pm

OK so, I'm not at all objective because I love Bryan and I have only one thing to say; This man has been dating for at least 20 years. If he has no game, if he can't make the earth move and all erogenous zones sing, if he can't make his woman who loves him want to do whatever she reasonably can to make him flash that incredible smile for her at least once every day - then....what's the point of him? Off with his heads.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:Uh Ohh Y'all.
Peter and Dean appear to be playing strip poker on IG. Peter is down to his skivvies. It could be about to get risque. Maybe. Or, sad - as the case may be. I'm sorta scared actually. It's like a Playgirl revival, IMO. Tee Hee

Let me jump on over to insta real quick giggling giggling giggling
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Pics or it didn't happen! laugh out loud
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Amethyst wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen! laugh out loud

Strip Poker:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXp5VvqgxDI/?hl=en&taken-by=peterkrauswi

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXlXW-Lguqp/?hl=en&taken-by=deanie_babies

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Well now. Those are certainly two very fine male specimens. That pic of Dean in the wet T-shirt is really rather breathtaking.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

agentcurls wrote:Great proposal. I thought it was heartfelt and could feel Bryan's sincerity. I'm interested to see what the future holds for Brachel. Will Bryan be as over-the-moon for The Bachelorette when she is just simply Rachel Lindsay? I look forward to seeing what happens next. They are equal parts cute/sexy together.

I have a different take on Peter...the psych degree in me sees Peter as very conflicted. IMO, He has some strong feelings about what went down in Spain & I think that anxiety and feeling of inadequacy made him do some controversial things post-filming ( SM activity & liking of derogatory comments) Yes, I think he should've taken a higher road but I feel he is a tormented soul with some kind of commitment-phobia (takes one to know one) and perhaps "soulmate-idealism" ...an ideal that Rachel could not live up to. I empathize with him as no one is perfect and this franchise will rock your soul to the core. I have a soft spot for him and am going to give him a pass. (I do wonder what it is about Bryan he didn't like? Did he see a side of him we didn't see?)

And I wish Rachel would've been more gracious and tender with Peter ATFR. I understand her frustration and appreciate her fiery-ness, but this was not the place/time. They shared something special (sorry-but no one can deny this) and she really diminished it to protect Bryan and perhaps her ego.  I felt bad that she was a victim to Peter's volatility but I don't think Peter was deliberately trying to mess with her head/heart in a mean-spirited way. I saw a lot of sexual tension between these two on the ATFR and based on Rachel's behavior towards him, she has it out for him. She seemed a little too vindictive for my liking....this is after she is supposed to basking in the glory of being able to share her HEA w/B & getting a ring put on it-FINALLY! Enjoy this moment..."your very best life" and don't be so hostile, girl! Smiley

So at the end of the day, I'm still #teamrachel and wish her and Bryan well but but this season was a little bit tainted for me. I wanted to love it but instead I just liked it, ya know?

I agree with her though that Peter is NOT READY to be the Bachelor. But why did Rachel say she didn't want her top 4 guys to be the Bachelor? Wasn't she one of Nick's top 4? Smiley    
I was pleased as punch that she got Alex's name out there as her choice for Bachelor 22. :yes: :yes:

Two words that set the tone for people reaction to Rachel. "Angry and attacked" I watched the ATFR several times to see where she was being angry and petty and did not see it, she was calm and gracious answering questions that she clearly did not want to answer especially having to repeat herself. Many heard CH say she was angry, so they precede her to be angry even though it didn't look that way. Peter said she attacking him because she said that the process isn't for him (how dare she say that to me when I worked hard at lying to get here) so many precede that she is attacking him JMO
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm

@jashfan shared something in the general discussion thread and I wanted to bring it over for others to read.
Thanks goes out to her. I think it's a great find and one of the better, if not the best thing, I have read on Rachel's choice of Bryan and feelings regarding Peter. https://www.yahoo.com/news/those-think-rachel-settled-bachelorette-183015451.html
Thank you, jashfan! thumbsup

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 59 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73