SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Bobette Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:13 am

This article cracks me up.  DM takes a terrible pic of Matty in a towel, disects every boring detail and crafts it into a flowery piece of waffle worthy of a 50 cent 1992 Mills and Boon novel.

Matty J looked happy and relaxed as he dried off and got dressed at the back of his Mazda CX7.
Clad in nothing but a towel, which was wrapped around his waist, he flaunted his toned abs and bulging biceps.
The known beach-lover looked to be in tip-top shape as he wrangled his arms into the sleeves of a pink T-shirt.
Matty looked slightly stiff  at one point while he got changed, possibly grimacing against the chill of the breeze against his skin.

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 13 3806527698

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 13 OfSsE89

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Billysmom Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Wow, not sure I would've recognized matty in that pic....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:20 pm

natik wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:There's been a few comments that Laura's made that made me think that she did infact watch some of Georgia's season. The fact that she said her friends applied for her (Yeah right, they may have suggested it to you but you would have taken yourself to the auditions, you were a willing participant). The fact that she watched some episodes after filming finished (this is just bizarre to me and I don't know why you would want to go back and watch episodes especially if you were F1) and the fact she followed Matty on IG before hand. JMO.
Yeah I don't buy anything Laura said about her not watching last season especially since she was following Matty on IG. Based on that alone she'd also know that was Matty's sister since he has pics of her on his IG. So not buying that Laura thought Matty's sis was an intruder. It makes me wonder why she would even say that then... trying to make it seem like she doesn't know?

Where did Laura say she went back and watched some episodes after filming finished? IA that's really bizarre to me especially for an F1 to do. Like why would Laura want to watch Matty pursuring another girl if Laura is F1? Color me confused scratch
It`s here....
lrose wrote:Found this article quite interesting..  Smiley
http://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/bachelor/the-bachelor-australia-2017-laura-byrne-first-kiss-interview-23483
Did you watch The Bachelorette last year?
“I didn’t. I’ve watched a couple of episodes now, which is a bit weird, but I hadn’t watched it prior to being in the house.”

So you didn’t know much about Matty going into it.
“I knew who he was via social media, and a couple of my friends had watched The Bachelorette and are die-hard fans. I didn’t enter the show because I knew Matty was going to be the Bachelor, I entered because my girlfriends watched the show so much and were like, ‘You should do this!’ It was my housemates who actually put me forward, and they filled out the application. So that’s how it all transpired. And I had no idea it was going to be Matty prior to rocking up on the red carpet. I’d read something the day before, and that was all I had known. So I had very little idea of who he was.”
Hmm... I don't buy it that she had "very little idea of who he was" considering she followed him on IG. Then she says she had "no idea" that the bachelor was going to Matty? If she followed him on SM then she'd definitely know that the possibility was there so she would have had at least "some" idea rather than "no" idea imo.

I do agree with her saying it's a bit weird that she watched last season after filming this season ended. I know a lot of F1s and F2s that watch their own season they were on (so the current one) but I've never heard of a F1 who, after filming, went and watched a previous season... so basically Laura watching Matty pursue another girl. Super weird, imo. Her answers and SM activity so far just don't match up to me...  scratch
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Not sure if it`s something telling but I kept watching Olena`s Instagram likings. And it seems like she is spoiled. Olena is following some of the girls of this season but the interesting part about it is that she started to like Elisa`s pics at an pretty early stage where Elisa was practically not a topic during the episodes that were aired. I mean what`s the point in liking pics of a person who was barely even shown during the episodes?! Except you know something the others don`t know. Plus she likes basically all of Elisa`s pics including those with Matty. I cheked out Laura`s instagram and although Olena is following her she does not like any of her pics. So maybe someone told Olena about the end result. IMO
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:56 pm

@natik nice catch! yes Definitely interesting especially considering how Sportsbet had Elise with frontrunner odds even though she was MIA and not even really shown in the episodes. Same with Belinda talking about Elise possible F1 and the media article @mercieme posted with a spoiler of Elise in top 2.... 

:detective
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:43 pm

In these two interviews both Matty and Laura say similar things about her looking like Georgia Love.

It’s just that photo from the first episode!

“Totally! It’s just our hair. We have similar hair. But I don’t think there are many other similarities, but whatever.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/bachelor/the-bachelor-australia-2017-laura-byrne-first-kiss-interview-23483

“I think she looks like Kate Middleton more than anything else,” he said. “I don’t see it (comparisons to Love). They both have brown hair and that’s about it.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/bachelor-matty-johnson-i-was-skinny-weedy-and-had-really-bad-acne/news-story/dba3b7cc4e28cbc7c90ae7d2cb266df8

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 pm

laugh out loud like Matty or Laura would say anything otherwise. Even if Laura was literally Georiga's twin imo they'd both be like "nope, we/they look nothing alike". It's a lose-lose situation. 

As much as I or anyone else can say Laura and Georgia don't look alike, the show itself perpetuated that comparison in the first episode as did the media. Heck, it was something even noted that there was some similarity while pre-season sleuthing... So it's not about whether I think they look alike or not it's that the show and media have pushed that narrative.

The proof is the very fact that BOTH of them are being asked that question which tells me that it's a narrative that is sticking out with media (no matter whether it's agreed upon or not) it's a narrative that is there.

It's why I feel bad for them if Laura is indeed the F1. It didn't help that Laura talked about her watching Georgia's season either AFTER she had finished filming for Matty's season. Less is more in this case, IMO as there's no reason to be saying she watched a past season (one where Matty pursued another woman). I've actually never heard of a potential F1 talk about going back, post their own filming of a season, to watch the prior one where the lead was saying they were in love with another person. It's just odd to me. 

Even if Laura is or isn't F1, I wish the show had made a new and original narrative for Matty that doesn't have parallels (even dates that are similar) because that's what it seems to have become... Matty's journey about the past more than that of his future.

As a viewer I find it boring.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:laugh out loud like Matty or Laura would say anything otherwise. Even if Laura was literally Georiga's twin imo they'd both be like "nope, we/they look nothing alike". It's a lose-lose situation. 

As much as I or anyone else can say Laura and Georgia don't look alike, the show itself perpetuated that comparison in the first episode as did the media. Heck, it was something even noted that there was some similarity while pre-season sleuthing... So it's not about whether I think they look alike or not it's that the show and media have pushed that narrative.

The proof is the very fact that BOTH of them are being asked that question which tells me that it's a narrative that is sticking out with media (no matter whether it's agreed upon or not) it's a narrative that is there.

It's why I feel bad for them if Laura is indeed the F1. It didn't help that Laura talked about her watching Georgia's season either AFTER she had finished filming for Matty's season. Less is more in this case, IMO as there's no reason to be saying she watched a past season (one where Matty pursued another woman). I've actually never heard of a potential F1 talk about going back, post their own filming of a season, to watch the prior one where the lead was saying they were in love with another person. It's just odd to me. 

Even if Laura is or isn't F1, I wish the show had made a new and original narrative for Matty that doesn't have parallels (even dates that are similar) because that's what it seems to have become... Matty's journey about the past more than that of his future.

As a viewer I find it boring.

I think it´s a good strategy to let the viewers think she is the F1. The producers and the media deliberately riding the "Laura looks like Georgia" wave to let the viewers think that Matty is going to choose her because of that. IMO
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 pm

IMO Laura looks more like Matty's ex (Sara) than Georgia and if I were her I'd be more "concerned" about being Sara 3.0 than Georgia 2.0.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:10 pm

I reread Laura's thread and when I saw the Ep 3 Single Date pap photos and my first comment was that Laura looks very Georgia esque. That was without media/edit influence so I think it's a fair observation to make. However, I do think it's a bit unfortunate that she's potentially F1 and she just happens to look like Georgia (and Matty's Mum!). I think it's fair to say he has a type and to me that type is women who either look like his Mum or sister. All JMO. I just found the defence interesting that both of them jumped to "it's just the hair".

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 pm

If Sara is indeed Matty's ex, IA. But before she was even sleuthed as a possibility it was stated that Laura looks a bit like Georgia, so that was always there. Also, it's not because of some other "ex" (if Sara is that ex) that Matty is known. He's never mentioned any other ex by name other than Georgia (saying she was only one of two people he's loved).

Matty's whole backstory to being the Bachelor is because of him saying he thought Georgia was "the one" for him - literally restating it in his first episode intro for his season. It doesn't matter what may be sleuthed otherwise, that's the storyboard and if Matty is to be believed and was genuinely heartbroken when he bent over double, then it makes sense why viewers may make that connection.

So I think because it's more how Matty got to be known to the public and what the contestants themselves said - saying Laura is Georgia 2.0 and media themselves saying this (literally I have watched and read SOOO many recaps where they don't even mention Laura's name. They will just say Georgia 2.0 like Laura has no identity of her own).

So that's why that narrative exists and I don't see the media getting rid of it anytime soon. It doesn't matter what is said now by either of them, imo, and it doesn't matter if Georgia was like Sara, because Georgia never chose Matty. If Laura is F1, I don't imagine it would be great to be considered the 2.0 or 3.0 in a row of past-loves and being seen as similar especially when, as Matty said, he was heartbroken by them, so it's not like he chose to not be with them, rather the other way around. In that way, I could see Laura feeling insecure and like a rebound even if she shouldn't (the media has already used the term "rebound" with Laura).

As for both responses by Laura and Matty - IA @ssin0547 I found them both to be saying the same thing to "it's just the hair" interesting (when if that really was the case, then people would be saying Jen who also has brown hair is alike when that's not the case). Like has been said before, Matty just seems to have a "type". However, the way he is known is not because of that type prior to him being F2 so that's the narrative and if Laura is F1 I don't see it going away.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:03 pm

http://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/the-bachelor-australia-matty-j-one-night-stand-39956

OMG - this is womans day mind you i believe the official mag!?  affraid

Whilst on screen the pair leave to sleep in separate lodgings, our source has exclusively told us things went down very differently behind the scenes – despite Matty’s best attempts to protest that their date ended with just a “goodnight kiss."

“The night didn’t end there for Matty or the girl in question,” our onset spy laughs.

“They met up later once the cameras weren’t around and picked up where they left off.”
Unsurprisingly, the shock overnight date, which took place at the romantic Spicers Sangoma Retreat in the Blue Mountains in NSW, didn’t go down well with the other girls in the mansion either.

“They were seething with jealousy of course!”, our source tells, adding that all the girls know what can happen on overnight stays, especially after a US Bachelor bedded a contestant during an overnight stay in the American version of the show’s Fantasy Suite.

ETA - BTW the pregnancy test is Simone's ... i read in another mag she didn't get her monthlys and was worried ... but it was sex before bachelor not Matty....

Last edited by LeapofFaith on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+37
AprilApril
Pongo
carraiger
Rikkim
BasicallytheFBI
iamreal2u
Miyala
BlueJeans
Schnitty4lyf
makeover
zaraz