SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RnB - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 50 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Calling himself as a physician is misleading *IMO* because people assume he's a MD and thats not true. He's not a "real" doctor.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for an IMO)

Back to top Go down

RnB - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 50 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 pm

SelmaHB wrote:You guys can just say that you don't like him and he's not your cup of tea (nothing wrong with that) Instead of trying to find something negative in everything he does .

JMO

Actually, then can, and this is exactly the appropriate thread to do it in. yes

RnB - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 50 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 pm

When it comes to Bryan, it really feels like being trapped in a record that's gotten stuck. 

"He's not a real doctor"

"Yes he is"

"No he's not and he's misleading people. It's one more reason he's shady"

"He sold tea in some pyramid scheme"

"See shady..."

"He was on another reality show"

"He's posting head shots, he wants to be a model"

"He posted a picture with a guitar, he wants to be singer and came on the show to pursue that, see shady"

"He hasn't indicated his employment right now so he's just bumbing at Rachel's in Dallas. See shady."

Rinse, lather, repeat.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:42 pm

rachelisqueen wrote:Calling himself as a physician is misleading because people assume he's a MD and thats not true. He's not a "real" doctor.
He is not a medical doctor but chiropractors in the US are required to obtain a Doctor of Chiropractic Degree.   So, whilst not a medical doctor, he is entitled to use the title Dr.  From what I've read

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:45 pm

In a discussion thread as long as the discussion stays within site rules the good, bad and ugly can be discussed regarding the cast person of topic.
Thank you.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 pm

rachelisqueen wrote:Calling himself as a physician is misleading because people assume he's a MD and thats not true. He's not a "real" doctor.

Again when has he ever just called himself a physician without mentioning chiropractic/chiropractor? Per the DOL he is a Physician. But if he ever just says Physician I would love to see that source.

The subject is front-and-center recently for a couple of reasons. First, the United States Department of Labor recently published O Net Online which replaces the Department’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles. (1) The language under the section 29.1011 titled “Chiropractors” notes that sample titles of these practitioners include “Chiropractic Physician” and “Physician.” (2)

Source - https://www.integrativepractitioner.com/whats-new/news-and-commentary/mds-dcs-nds-and-lacs-who-is-a-physician/

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:00 pm

I have to chuckle at this is a doctor, not a doctor discussion.
True story: During selection of my daughter's wedding invitations a few yrs ago I could not understand the frequent concern from her future parent in-laws regarding the wedding invitation. I could not understand the big deal. They chose not to specify what it was, but kept mentioning they wanted to see the invitation when I was done finalizing it prior to sending them out.  They were custom made invitations and I was sure they were going to be more than adequate. So I couldn't figure out the issue.
Lo and behold they were concerned with the invitation wording and you guessed it. They wanted to make sure the invitation stated they were Dr. and Mrs Blah Blah Blah vs Mr. and Mrs. Blah Blah Blah.
He has his phd in marketing and taught general marketing and business courses at a small college. So yes, he is a doctor.
You can't make some crap up, so just go with it is what I figure. Every nut has it's wrench.
I live on the east coast USA, I don't think anyone blinks at the label doctor. You could be a witch doctor.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm

Do you have specific examples of these people? and What makes a doctor "real" versus not? I'm so confused. The guy even said when he met Rachel's friends during her HTD that he was a Chiropractic Physician. I just... IMO I don't get how anyone could misconstrue his words, actions, or social media and think that he's actually an MD.

It's all semantics anyway, feels like I'm deadhorse at this point laugh out loud
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 pm

Wikipedia definition for anyone who is interested:  doctorate (from Latin docere, "to teach") or doctor's degree (from Latin doctor, "teacher") or doctoral degree (from the ancient formalism licentia docendi) is an academic degree awarded by universities that is, in most countries, a research degree that qualifies the holder to teach at the university level in the degree's field, or to work in a specific profession. There are a variety of doctoral degrees, with the most common being the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), which is awarded in many different fields, ranging from the humanities to the scientific disciplines. There are also some doctorates in the US, such as the Juris Doctor (JD), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD), Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), and Doctor of Pharmacy(Pharm.D.) which are generally regarded internationally as professional degrees rather than doctorates, as they are not research degrees and no defense of any dissertation or thesis is performed. Many universities also award honorary doctorates to individuals who have been deemed worthy of special recognition, either for scholarly work or for other contributions to the university or to society.
Chiropractors in the US are required to do a 4 year doctorate degree after their undergraduate degree.  So 7 or 8 years in total - pretty impressive IMO.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:27 pm

According to the state of Florida, he is a doctor. As real as a $2 coin.
The collegege that awarded him the degree is an accredited program.
I already posted on page 47 of this thread. I am tired of quoting myself.    

Now, let's please change the subject to.....
You guess it, Trademark!!

According to Rachel's most recent IG story, did she TM Living My Best Life? If so, Gosh, she and Bryan, no doubt in mind, are the best match!

RnB - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 50 Img_0776

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:31 pm

@sdmomthanks for supporting and clarifying this.  Hopefully the poor guy can be given credit where credit is due

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Maybe they should TM #delusion before someone else snaps it up.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh