SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RightReasons - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by mercieme Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:05 am

F1 to F4 discussion moved from the SM thread - continued
AprilApril wrote:@Storybook so hopeful that this is what happens with sportsbet.

I loved Matty and Elise's date. Also he is dancing with her next time... And we all know what happens when Matty is dancing with someone... haha.

Also I was the person who went to the pre-screening to Channel 10 a day before the show aired. I did not mention this before but I will reluctantly share this now - as it is very vague and therefore maybe ultimately meaningless.

The exchange went a bit like this. Matty was asked when he made up his mind and the questioner asked him, understandably, not to say that it was at the FRC. He did not answer this question but started to gesture with his hands, showing a spectrum and said something about choosing between fun and smart. As he was saying this I thought this is odd - is he implying that the fun person is not intelligent - but (and this is where the vagueness comes in) he did not say it this way. I don't know how he said it but it definitely was not hurtful and he definitely did not imply that there was a choice between a fun 'person' and a smart 'person'. But the words and the distinction and the notion fun/smart were used. The friend I went to the pre-screening with has the exact same recollection - I just spoke to her and asked her neutrally what she remembers Matty said about his choice. I never discussed this before with my friend and she just said that she had the exact same memory of his reply.

So there is... Tara (or Florence - they are both fun). I love Tara and Florence very much. The sleuthing here tells me that they are probably not F1.

And on the other end could be Laura and Elise - they are also fun but are shown (edited to be shown) to have more depth such as running a business.

But: I gasped a bit when Elise stuck the heart on Matty's head to signify that she likes his intelligence - as I never forgot the Q&A with Matty and his unprompted reply using the words fun and intelligence.

As I said this is vague and it can be a stock/scripted answer like all others but what if it is not.
Storybook wrote:@AprilApril thank you soooo much for sharing you went to the pre-screening. I am totally jealous you saw Matty J live!
What you have said is very interesting and makes for an excellent analysis. Smart IMO is definitely Elise and as you said, she admired this quality in Matty, and Matty knew it was Elise who put the heart there. This speaks volumes to me.
As for fun, Tara comes immediately to mind. I have thought for a while Tara and Elise are the final two. But people have said no to Tara because of the date of her activity on SM.
I will read over your post again in detail. And thanks again for sharing cheerleader

mercieme

Back to top Go down

RightReasons - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:09 am

Bobette wrote:
AprilApril wrote:@Storybook It was alleged that Matty fell hard for F1 and it was difficult to edit the show to hide this.
IMO if this is true, only Elise's edit fits in with this.
They had to hide her for as long as possible, for example not showing her red carpet arrival or not showing any of her talks with Matty before the fishing game (which also IA with others can't have been the first time her hockey career was mentioned for example).
I don't know why he waited for so long to have an SD with her. But let's say once he did start spending time with her things picked up and it was obvious that Elise was his choice. So they had to hide this in the edit.
Instead they put up Laura as the frontrunner, and they have shown Tara/Florence/Elora as credible contenders from the start. Elise could have been in the same category as Tara/Florence/Elora and been shown along with them, she could have had a similar edit and not be hidden.
But they hid her - why? As was pointed out viewers/fans do not need a new face this late, they have say Tara as the fan favourite, so if Elise is not important in any way, why hide her in the beginning and pick her story up only now?

Along with what was written about Elise's dad etc and the last voice being Elise IMO too, I am hoping that F1 is Elise.

And they are promoting Laura way too much.
This could be a double bluff, and if Laura is F1 then that is fine, but in this case still not sure why have Elise bought out of hibernation this late in the piece, noone 'needs' another contender thrown in, we all have our favourites by now, judging from the majority of comments on SM she is a distraction not a threat - even Lisa was still on the audience's favourite list and many were surprised to see her gone.

As I said before the spoiler on sportsbet is disturbing, the only real thing that gives me pause to think, but as others pointed out they could be wrong.
As for the F1 music (and other editing choices such as preseason promo etc ) many of you write that that is somewhat mixed up anyway and it really could be that the producers have a new rulebook.

Not sure if this makes sense, it seems all logical in my head!
I choose to think that Matty fell in love with Elise and it was hard to hide this obviousness  - hence the very unusal edit of the season.
All IMO.

Re: the bold, the article alleging Matty was having trouble hiding his favourite was printed April 6 HERE so IMO it could not have been referring to Elise because they didn't even have their first date until April 11 and they would have spent very little time together to that point.  Also Elise has said in interviews that until that point she had considered leaving - which IMO would not have been the case if there was some mind-blowing connection that had to be concealed.  JMO
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:19 am

I think at this stage is pretty hard to deny Matty actually likes Elise since episode 9 she will get some sort of alone time every week for 5 weeks. That's a lot of time consecutively spent together - more than I have ever seen on the Oz show. I think despite the storyboard for the producers I think the lead has to be into the person to spend that much time with them. And I think it's interesting that Laura if F1 wasn't getting alone time this much towards the end. All IMO.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 am

@brownravens These are my thoughts too.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:36 am

@brownravens....IA with you. IMO regardless of the script one can only phone it in so much so my belief is that he enjoyed the company of the ones he took on the dates. IMO as much as the producers were in Matty's ears, he did do a decent job IMO of narrowing his top girls and investing the most time with those and that's why IMO we heard ladies like Michelle, Simone in their interviews wonder why they never got that elusive first SD.....jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:31 am

Thank you for bringing over those posts @mercieme to keep threads on topic yes

Just a reminder: when posting or replying to a post, make sure to check the topic thread and if it matches the post discussion. For example, say you're in the Episode thread and want to discuss SCs - that should be done in the SC thread. If you see a post about SCs in the Episode thread that you want to reply to, simply state - my reply is in the SC thread and tag that person when you reply in the SC thread. If everyone can do this and be mindful of the threads they are in it will help with discussion flow and keeping things on track. I know myself I can forget this at times but let's try to not have threads get too off-topic with posts that would be better discussed in another thread, especially now as things are more heated up and getting down to the wire.

Here's a quick guideline for thread topics:
* If post is SM/Media based and wanting to discuss SM/Media in general - post in SM/Media thread
* If post is SC based and trying to match a pic/etc to a SC (location, bldg, contestant, etc) - post in the SC thread
* If post is about an episode (preview/promo for new ep, TV guide summary, etc) - post in the Episode thread
* If post is primarily F1-F4 based (whether an article, SM, etc) - post in the F1-F4 thread (this one usually has more carry over in multiple threads, but try to post in F1-F4 thread for posts primarily about F1-F4 and comparisons to other contestants, past seasons, etc)

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:13 am

Moved from the SM thread. At this point, there are too many other posts to move so if all posts relating to possible F1 can be posted in here (even if a post is somewhere else, quote and reply to the post in this thread) and that way to keep it on topic and make it easier to follow and for retrieval. Thanks so much everyone yes

Bobette wrote:
dolcimumma wrote:@Bobette Love seeing it from everyone's POV and to have all these different perspectives.  I timed some of the past red carpet arrivals and Snez has exactly the same arrival time as Elise.  Her and Elise both didn't have 'meet videos' on ten play or FB before the season started.

Laura didn't have a "meet Laura" before the show but she did have her picture in OK magazine, was featured in the ad with Lisa ("Laura has really caught my eye" or whatever it was he said) and had an intro video during the first episode.  Someone will CMIIW but I think for Richie's season, weren't all the girls introduced on SM before the show started?

Elise's had nothing before the show and no "meet Elise" at any point.  Their red carpet meeting didn't have any of the indicators of a typical F1 meeting IMO - no long chat, no special tinkly music, she didn't do anything awkward or embarrassing (Laura tripped, and it was shown - this factor is a commonality with ALL previous Bach AU F1s).  

Furthermore there was no ITM of Elise gushing about Matty, no ITM of him complementing her (I know he said she was best dressed on the TenPlay extra clip, but I don't think this was aired, and IMO that's what matters as that's what most people will see.  Laura had an ITMs of her talking about Matty and there was one of him talking about her.

Elise's meeting with him was pleasant but unremarkable and based on past seasons, that equals F2, not F1, IMO.
aprawn wrote:
Bobette wrote:
AprilApril wrote:@Bobette Why oh why do you confuse me with the facts? Haha. Sadly for Elise shippers you are right. But as @Missfi also said how do we make sense of  Elise's edit? If Laura is F1.

RightReasons - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 3806527698 My apologies.  

Re: How to make sense of Elise's edit, I have a theory:

IMO they may have had someone else in mind for F2 (side note: I do think TPTB have a gameplay for each girl from the start, including who they expect to be there at the end) but it didn't eventuate for whatever reason (maybe Lisa since she pretty much admitted she saw him as a brother and seemed "not into him" for a few episodes before her exit, IMO).  So IMO they then panicked and said "who do we have left that could make a viable F2?" and Elise fit the bill.  

And so maybe her red carpet arrival and earlier interactions with Matty are hidden because they simply weren't filmed, if they weren't expecting her to go to F2.  Many posters here have commented that had they not read the spoilers, they would have tagged Elise as MOT, and her edit backs that up IMO.  Even for a dark horse F2 she has hardly had any airtime which I think may be because they literally did not have any footage of them together to use.  

I still think Elise is a great chick and Matty would be lucky to have her but for me, the only person that he could have been blown away with and unable to hind his feelings for by April 6, is Laura.  JMO.

I agree 100% with you RightReasons - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 1176891977
I think Tara would've been F2 but I think there was a big reason why she wasn't. JMO
Bobette wrote:
I *edit* am interested to know who your pick is for F1, @aprawn?
aprawn wrote:@Bobette

I think that Laura is F1 as per our discussion before .jmo Smiley
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by NostalgicNZA Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:16 am

In the past seasons of bach au, what kind of dates would you say the F1 has had? Were they expensive?
NostalgicNZA
NostalgicNZA

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:25 am

NostalgicNZA wrote:In the past seasons of bach au, what kind of dates would you say the F1 has had? Were they expensive?
Yes, I'd say that the F1 usually gets the more expensive dates, but more so their LCD (Last Chance Date in the finale, where there are only 2 contestants, the F2) the F1 usually gets the more expensive LCD and/or romantic LCD. One key thing as well is if one of the contestants get a FD or LCD that includes animals (Nikki, Matty, etc) it is usually the death knell for them.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:29 am

NostalgicNZA wrote:In the past seasons of bach au, what kind of dates would you say the F1 has had? Were they expensive?

Season 1 - Anna got 2 SD plus 1 SQT (most out of everyone)
Season 2 Sam F got 3 SD (I think this was the most but I can't remember)
Season 3 - Snez got 2 SD plus 1 SQT (Sarah got 3 SD but her 2nd was drinking wine in the Bach pad one arvo)
Season 4 - Alex got 2 SD (others girls like Nikki and Faith had more time but Alex had white rose time at every cocktail party so she had a lot of time)
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by NostalgicNZA Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:30 am

Thanks for that @AllAboutLove & @brownravens , that animal part is very interesting as well.

Who do youse think has had the most expensive dates so far?
NostalgicNZA
NostalgicNZA

Back to top Go down

Post by NostalgicNZA Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:33 am

I also remember there being a clue that the F2 always gets a date in the hottub in the finale, so it will be interesting to see if that happens again this year
NostalgicNZA
NostalgicNZA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+52
stoneleigh
Sunnyandhappy
Goheather
Richiebestbach
Missfi
Idlemess
Chi
Mommyof2
Ash
fabgirl
mercieme