SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Bobette Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:18 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
Bobette wrote:
“Matty is clearly smitten with Laura and after that date we’re afraid no other lady is going to even get a look in so we’ve had to slash her odds further,’’ said sportsbet.com.au’s Will Byrne.
Source
This Will Byrne any relation to another Byrne?... say, Laura Byrne Suspect

This season. I tell ya dizzy 

I am half waiting for Toni May herself to make an appearance on the show  cheeky

My imagined preview of Laura's HTD: Matty meets Laura's Mother, Brother, and Uncle Will.  Uncle Will comes on screen wearing a polo shirt with Sportsbet logo... and a set of onyx-encrusted knuckle dusters from her forthcoming "Tribal Mafia" range.  cantstopl
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 am

Bobette wrote:Sportsbet odds 05/09:

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 24 XViovhp

Source

I haven't seen odds that low before.  For context, odds for Richie's season less than a week before the finale were:

The Bachelor Winner

$1.60   Alex

$2.50   Nikki

$11      Olena

Source

Also I just realised Just Betting have been doing regular blog posts about Bachie betting which makes for interesting reading:

“Matty is clearly smitten with Laura and after that date we’re afraid no other lady is going to even get a look in so we’ve had to slash her odds further,’’ said sportsbet.com.au’s Will Byrne.

(The above entry was posted way back on 3rd August)

Source

The odds are changing almost hourly at the moment, but the highest Laura's odds have been is $1.30 (between 17th - 25 Aug).  Both odds and max bet has been changing regularly for Tara and Elise, either way, the "max loss" for Sportsbet has hovered at $50 for both Tara and Elise (currently $33 for Laura)
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:26 am

Right you are @SugarAndSpice, I forgot she got down to 1.30 that week.  The phrase "one horse race" springs to mind.  

Meanwhile I found this interesting article about a Papparazzi who tried to place a $10,000 bet during Richie's season, which is when they introduced the max bet limits.  They never did accept his bid - and kept his deposit.  Shifty shifty.

A SYDNEY paparazzo who some say knows the outcome of popular dating reality TV show The Bachelor has attempted to put $10,000 down on the outright winner, however was rebuffed by the betting agency who has put an $80 limit on the bet.

Now, Sportsbet are refusing to refund him the substantial $10,000 deposit.

A spokesman for the betting agency said they do have a betting cap on non-live events such as The Bachelor and MasterChef as they are seen as “novelty betting”.

“Customers generally only stake smaller amounts on novelty markets in comparison to sport and racing,” Sportsbet media spokesman Will Byrne said.

Will Byrne sure knows his Bachie betting well.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 am

mercieme wrote:"Elise is a beautiful soul. She's such a good match for Matty on paper — they have so many things in common. If you were going to tick a box for something, that's Elise.

https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Laura-Byrne-Bachelor-2017-Interview-43974650
Laura saying this makes me think she reads Elise's thread on here laugh out loud

But seriously though... Laura saying Elise is a good match "on paper" is what stands out to me  Suspect

Elise's a beautiful soul... however a good match "on paper" feels like a "but" imo....especially if Elise is F2. 

As in, Matty and Elise only match "on paper" and Laura thus implying she and Matty match in the real world (and makes me think of Laura liking that NW post with the caption of how Laura doesn't see the connection with Matty and Elise - perhaps because she thinks it is only one "on paper")

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 am

Or maybe Laura watched the episode where Elise said this to Matty? Or maybe Elise said this to the girls in the mansion? Laura is doing a good job of giving anything away IMO

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:41 am

Bobette wrote:Right you are @SugarAndSpice, I forgot she got down to 1.30 that week.  The phrase "one horse race" springs to mind.  

Meanwhile I found this interesting article about a Papparazzi who tried to place a $10,000 bet during Richie's season, which is when they introduced the max bet limits.  They never did accept his bid - and kept his deposit.  Shifty shifty.

A SYDNEY paparazzo who some say knows the outcome of popular dating reality TV show The Bachelor has attempted to put $10,000 down on the outright winner, however was rebuffed by the betting agency who has put an $80 limit on the bet.

A spokesman for the betting agency said they do have a betting cap on non-live events such as The Bachelor and MasterChef as they are seen as “novelty betting”.

“Customers generally only stake smaller amounts on novelty markets in comparison to sport and racing,” Sportsbet media spokesman Will Byrne said.

@bobette yeah that photographer, what a fool though! The novelty betting is supposed to be a bit of fun, like an office sweep. Naturally a paparazzo would try and "spoil" it for everyone... And Sportsbet definitely allow withdrawing money from your account! laugh out loud I enjoy that the paparazzo who was willing to sell spoilers to DM, and reap the benefits from both DM and from Sportsbet, was shut down. Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 24 1176891977
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:48 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
mercieme wrote:"Elise is a beautiful soul. She's such a good match for Matty on paper — they have so many things in common. If you were going to tick a box for something, that's Elise.

https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Laura-Byrne-Bachelor-2017-Interview-43974650
Laura saying this makes me think she reads Elise's thread on here laugh out loud

But seriously though... Laura saying Elise is a good match "on paper" is what stands out to me  Suspect

Elise's a beautiful soul... however a good match "on paper" feels like a "but" imo....especially if Elise is F2. 

As in, Matty and Elise only match "on paper" and Laura thus implying she and Matty match in the real world (and makes me think of Laura liking that NW post with the caption of how Laura doesn't see the connection with Matty and Elise - perhaps because she thinks it is only one "on paper")

jmo

Storybook wrote:Or maybe Laura watched the episode where Elise said this to Matty? Or maybe Elise said this to the girls in the mansion? Laura is doing a good job of giving anything away IMO

IMO the "good on paper" is part of the story arc for Elise this season. She is the "slow burn" who is "good on paper" but just not having that "spark". I feel like we have heard that a fair bit this season, where the contestants choose Elises as a match for Matty because of Elise personality and highly they think of her, but then "on screen" they see it being Laura (maybe from seeing their interactions together on SD). Back it up further with Osher saying that Matty didn't pick who he though he would, I'm starting to think that is another tick for the "good on paper" story board jmo
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:57 am

Matty replied to Elise he did have a spark. So time will tell how this develops. As to Osher not picking the winner if he didn't pick Laura from the start of the show (not including reading about them all on paper) then he sounds like he is the only person in Australia who didn't pick her as the winner,
There has been so much 'bachy talk' this season. Matty said he didn't know who he was going to choose until the end. So I am waiting to see how the following episodes play out.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:58 am

IDK. I get it from a potential-F1 perspective and saying what TPTB wants but it also comes across to me like that's who Laura is and like she sees herself as better-than in some ways and trying to project a certain image. Her "QUEEN" of reverse parking thing, her pecking order thing, her saying SHE is Matty's fave, and Elise is a good match "on paper" (seemed like a dig to me) all just make me think she is very much someone who can be quite full of herself. Her self-deprecating/witty posts to me come across more as a tactic to project a self-deprecating image imo. I may be in the minority but something just doesn't ring true to me. It just seems overly calculated. I can be totally wrong but I am looking at it from Laura as F1 perspective and to me it's almost like she has the one who has the marketing degree and knows how to market herself on her IG and sell herself a certain way. She sure knows how to market her Toni May stuff. jmo

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:05 am

SugarAndSpice wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:

jmo

Storybook wrote:Or maybe Laura watched the episode where Elise said this to Matty? Or maybe Elise said this to the girls in the mansion? Laura is doing a good job of giving anything away IMO

IMO the "good on paper" is part of the story arc for Elise this season. She is the "slow burn" who is "good on paper" but just not having that "spark". I feel like we have heard that a fair bit this season, where the contestants choose Elises as a match for Matty because of Elise personality and highly they think of her, but then "on screen" they see it being Laura (maybe from seeing their interactions together on SD). Back it up further with Osher saying that Matty didn't pick who he though he would, I'm starting to think that is another tick for the "good on paper" story board jmo

When I read that "good on paper" part, I thought it sounded like such a backhanded insult to Elise. Like, yeah she may be his type ON PAPER but didn't work out that way did it, huh, HUH?! I'd be p!ssed if she said something like that about me.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:08 am

Laura and everyone else is doing a good job of not giving anything away IMO. Even Lisa's exit interview where she says knows who wins( which I think she does) and then rattles of four names is completely tongue in cheek and a piss take to get the public and media off and running in their own direction.I think her and the girls would be having a giggle about it.Her quiet dry sense of humour has been evident in her ig posts

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:09 am

SugarAndSpice wrote:
Bobette wrote:Right you are @SugarAndSpice, I forgot she got down to 1.30 that week.  The phrase "one horse race" springs to mind.  

@bobette yeah that photographer, what a fool though! The novelty betting is supposed to be a bit of fun, like an office sweep. Naturally a paparazzo would try and "spoil" it for everyone... And Sportsbet definitely allow withdrawing money from your account! laugh out loud I enjoy that the paparazzo who was willing to sell spoilers to DM, and reap the benefits from both DM and from Sportsbet, was shut down. Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 24 1176891977

Actually, my understanding is that Sportsbet DON'T let you withdraw money from your account until it has been "cycled" through a bet. i.e. in order to get his $10,000 back he would have had to place ALL of it on a bet (or multiple bets) of some kind, and then would be able to withdraw whatever that bet yielded (i.e. he could have ended up losing the lot if he bet poorly). I have read about lots of people being caught out this way - it's hidden deep in their terms and conditions. Gambling is SO dodgy!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+52
stoneleigh
Sunnyandhappy
Goheather
Richiebestbach
Missfi
Idlemess
Chi
Mommyof2
Ash
fabgirl
mercieme