SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:32 am

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
mercieme wrote:"Elise is a beautiful soul. She's such a good match for Matty on paper — they have so many things in common. If you were going to tick a box for something, that's Elise.

https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Laura-Byrne-Bachelor-2017-Interview-43974650
Laura saying this makes me think she reads Elise's thread on here laugh out loud

But seriously though... Laura saying Elise is a good match "on paper" is what stands out to me  Suspect

Elise's a beautiful soul... however a good match "on paper" feels like a "but" imo....especially if Elise is F2. 

As in, Matty and Elise only match "on paper" and Laura thus implying she and Matty match in the real world (and makes me think of Laura liking that NW post with the caption of how Laura doesn't see the connection with Matty and Elise - perhaps because she thinks it is only one "on paper")

jmo

When I read that "good on paper" part, I thought it sounded like such a backhanded insult to Elise.  Like, yeah she may be his type ON PAPER but didn't work out that way did it, huh, HUH?!  I'd be p!ssed if she said something like that about me.

@Bobette Glad I am not the only one as I read it the exact same way and like it was a dig at Elise. I'd also feel the same if that was said about me.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:34 am

@Bobette Ahh yes you are correct! I suppose the only times I've ever wanted to withdraw is when I have winnings anyway (though I've never placed more than $10 in the account anyway - because yes Sportsbet is dodgey)!
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:53 am

On whether she has any red flags about a potential relationship with Matty . . .
"No, because I feel like if I had seen any red flags or felt any concern, I wouldn't be pursuing it, because I don't want a relationship that's not going to work out after the show. I would've removed myself if I didn't think we were compatible."

Could she sound anymore like it was hers to win or lose?

https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Laura-Byrne-Bachelor-2017-Interview-43974650#K6z3zWjXDoWJXedH.99
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:07 am

brownravens wrote:
On whether she has any red flags about a potential relationship with Matty . . .
"No, because I feel like if I had seen any red flags or felt any concern, I wouldn't be pursuing it, because I don't want a relationship that's not going to work out after the show. I would've removed myself if I didn't think we were compatible."

https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Laura-Byrne-Bachelor-2017-Interview-43974650#K6z3zWjXDoWJXedH.99

Well, I mean she did say that SHE was Matty's favorite (one of) and is not just good at reverse parking but the Queen of it and an "order" to things. I mean, I don't know if it's just me, whether factual or not, but she's been coming across like she is the winner since the getgo and no one else comes close to her. It just hasn't warmed me to her

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:10 am

brownravens wrote:

Yeah, I took it that way as well.  She didn't come out of that interview looking humble, that's for sure.  I just posted an article in the SM thread where Matty was talking about having sex with he F1 right after the FRC and he said something like "she said I love you back - it was beautiful", as if he was relieved/honored to have his feeling reciprocated, so I do think it was him chasing her the whole time and her decision to make.

Also I just realised - since we only ever hear Laura saying "I am falling in love with you" and we think it's Elise saying "I am in love with you" in the season preview, the fact that Matty makes special mention of the fact that F1 told him she loves him makes it seem like that was the first time.  Another thing pointing to Laura F1 then IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:12 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
brownravens wrote:

Well, I mean she did say that SHE was Matty's favorite (one of) and is not just good at reverse parking but the Queen of it and an "order" to things. I mean, I don't know if it's just me, whether factual or not, but she's been coming across like she is the winner since the getgo and no one else comes close to her. It just hasn't warmed me to her. Not her fault though. It's just me  

Unfortunately Laura lost me at "i'm from Rushcutters" when she introduced herself. I'm from Sydney and when someone telegraphs that they're from the Eastern suburbs its like an automatic eye-roll. But all the other stuff that you listed isn't helping endear her to me either. JMO.

Last edited by brownravens on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:16 am

Bobette wrote:
brownravens wrote:

Yeah, I took it that way as well.  She didn't come out of that interview looking humble, that's for sure.  I just posted an article in the SM thread where Matty was talking about having sex with he F1 right after the FRC and he said something like "she said I love you back - it was beautiful", as if he was relieved/honored to have his feeling reciprocated, so I do think it was him chasing her the whole time and her decision to make.

Also I just realised - since we only ever hear Laura saying "I am falling in love with you" and we think it's Elise saying "I am in love with you" in the season preview, the fact that Matty makes special mention of the fact that F1 told him she loves him makes it seem like that was the first time.  Another thing pointing to Laura F1 then IMO.

Yeah I read that too and I thought it was interesting that the sentiment is "falling in love" is repeated by her. It's not as emphatic as I would have thought for her this stage IMO. Also don't you think that Matty and F1 would've exchanged "I love you" on camera?

Last edited by brownravens on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:26 am

Bobette wrote:
brownravens wrote:

Yeah I thought that was odd too, how he mentioned that after FRC and filming ended she said she loves him back, thus implying it may be the first time she said that. If Laura is F1, then IA it could be why she is not the last voice heard as she doesn't say she IS in love with Matty on the show, only that she is falling in love with him.

For an F1, she seems very much like SHE calls the shots and maybe with Matty as well. Perhaps that's why he was flustered and looked guilty or like he could get in trouble when Elise pic compared to Laura. For someone who is F1, she seems to be making a case like the other possible F1 didn't have a shot in hell at winning against her. And the thing is, if it was always Laura, there's no need for her to be all "I am the favorite" type thing.

I've said it before, but Laura reminds me a lot of his sister. Which is why I can see him choosing her. I just don't see that lasting. Then again, Matty may be the kind of guy who wants to be led and directed around. It just doesn't seem like equal footing to me in a relationship but that's just me
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumbleguild Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:26 am

I find it interesting that Laura refers to Florence as her closest friend in the house. Assuming that Florence and the other F4 girls know who the winner is, I find it strange that Florence doesn't like a lot of Laura's photos with Matty but does with Elise. Could just be Florence was Laura's closest friend but Florence was closer to the other girls also.
Bumbleguild
Bumbleguild

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 am

Bumbleguild wrote:I find it interesting that Laura refers to Florence as her closest friend in the house. Assuming that Florence and the other F4 girls know who the winner is, I find it strange that Florence doesn't like a lot of Laura's photos with Matty but does with Elise. Could just be Florence was Laura's closest friend but Florence was closer to the other girls also.

so yes i went and bought the NW mag....its all for research ppl!!!!! Hugesmile and florence actually says the same thing in regards to Laura i will quote they ask flo Who is your biggest competion she says "Laura. We're quite similar - we have the same sense of humour. Its hard to say who he likes better out of us, but i always tell her i would date her and she says it back to me. But if i end up with him, she will still be my friend. It would be awkward, though."

LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:43 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
brownravens wrote:

Well, I mean she did say that SHE was Matty's favorite (one of) and is not just good at reverse parking but the Queen of it and an "order" to things. I mean, I don't know if it's just me, whether factual or not, but she's been coming across like she is the winner since the getgo and no one else comes close to her. It just hasn't warmed me to her

You summed up my thoughts exactly!

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 am

brownravens wrote:
Bobette wrote:
brownravens wrote:

Yeah I read that too and I thought it was interesting that the sentiment is "falling in love" is repeated by her. It's not as emphatic as I would have thought for her this stage IMO. Also don't you think that Matty and F1 would've exchanged "I love you" on camera?

I haven't watched half as many series of the bachelor as most people on this forum. But the seasons I have watched not all the men say "I love you" to the woman at the FRC. I know Art and Matilda (the cutest bachelor couple ever IMO) didn't say "I love you" to each other until months after the series ended. And it was Matilda who said it first.
I believe, and I know others do too, there is a difference between "I am in love with you" and "I love you" To make the commitment of love is further along than just loving the person and who they are. As I said, that's what I personally believe.
Maybe Matty doesn't profess his love to the winner on the night. Maybe he wants to do it in private so it is more personal. And then for the woman to say it back is a true love story. At this stage of the series, IMO Elise is the most likely to say "I love you" to Matty. And if I am wrong, I will know next week Smiley

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+52
stoneleigh
Sunnyandhappy
Goheather
Richiebestbach
Missfi
Idlemess
Chi
Mommyof2
Ash
fabgirl
mercieme