SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 73 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Sprite Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:38 am

sdmom wrote:That article....did the writer even watch the show?
"Lindsay stunned America by nailing the title of America’s first Black Bachelorette and then epicly failing at scoring the love of her life, first by breaking up with crowd favorite Peter Kraus (also a trainer… we’re sensing a pattern) and then by dumping Bigger and choosing a reality TV show veteran who promised her a proposal"?
Majority of the fans from Nick's seadon had an inkling Rachel would be the next lead. Break up with Perter and then dumping Eric... did the writer watch the finale? Eric got eliminated before Peter!

And then ths
"Chris Harrison, wherever you are, you lost a good one. Rachel, you already know that. That being said, if you’re reading this and totally convinced that Eric is indeed the guy for you, you probably still have a chance" . What's that supposed to mean? Break up with Bryan to get back with Eric? No wonder Rachel is furious. She said you came come after her, but not after her man.

Can't the writer praise all she wants about Eric but leave Rachel  and Bryan alone?

I am not saying Rachel should fight back, but I can totally see why she feels the need.

All Jmo.

IMO the bolded does not refer to Rachel. It is a general statement to women readers who might be interested in Eric. Unfortunately, the writer does not clearly express that or it was edited and hence the confusion. Tempest in a teapot.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kolormiblnd Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:IMO I can't see Bryan changing course. He wouldn't IMO be taking the necessary steps to practice in Dallas and L.A if he had no intention of continuing to be a chiropractor.
@GuardianAngel, I think you're right about Bryan continuing to be and practice as a chiropractor but it is a separate issue from the business model and total offering of an office he may open.  IMO, he won't just open a chriropractic office. The dream is bigger. The business has to offer more to be uber successful which I'm sure is the goal. JMO

ITA, that Bryan will continue to practice and also that the dream is bigger. There are many alternative medicine modalities that he could incorporate into his business model: massage, hydro therapy, exercise fitness, acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, pilates, yoga, homeopathy, naturopathy, etc. He does not have to actually practice these, he could hire the practitioners or they could just consult out of his facility, whichever. He seems to be able to wear a lot of hats: from his devotion to a strict/rigorous exercise regimen (fitness), seemingly healthy eating habits (nutrition) and his profession (chiropractic medicine) is why I think the dream is bigger. JMO.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 am

@Kolormiblnd This is what the physical therapy place near me does. A chiropractor or two own it. Then they have several PT's, OT's massage therapist etc. It worked out well for me last winter and I never utilized the chiropractor services just the PT.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 am

ITA with you all.Today's chiropractor incorporates more things to be able to meet different needs. I and others in my family have gone to a Chiropractors who were nutritionists, Ness practitioner, and were able to advise on what type of supplement can be used to assist the body in healing properly. So, I thing the dream is bigger, and there is no better place than LA where people are so into the natural medicine. If I was in his shoe, I will definitely incorporate other aspects of the natural medicine. JMO
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:58 am

Kolormiblnd wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:IMO I can't see Bryan changing course. He wouldn't IMO be taking the necessary steps to practice in Dallas and L.A if he had no intention of continuing to be a chiropractor.
@GuardianAngel, I think you're right about Bryan continuing to be and practice as a chiropractor but it is a separate issue from the business model and total offering of an office he may open.  IMO, he won't just open a chriropractic office. The dream is bigger. The business has to offer more to be uber successful which I'm sure is the goal. JMO

ITA, that Bryan will continue to practice and also that the dream is bigger. There are many alternative medicine modalities that he could incorporate into his business model: massage, hydro therapy, exercise fitness, acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, pilates, yoga, homeopathy, naturopathy, etc. He does not have to actually practice these, he could hire the practitioners or they could just consult out of his facility, whichever. He seems to be able to wear a lot of hats: from his devotion to a strict/rigorous exercise regimen (fitness), seemingly healthy eating habits (nutrition) and his profession (chiropractic medicine) is why I think the dream is bigger. JMO.

@Kolormiblind
@sdmom
@GuardianAngel
@Kashathediva
@Maggenzm
@Chgohighlife
Well Bryan, we've totally developed your business model, above are the names of the consultants for the check and the Advisory Board. I'm sure we can do the decor and the uniform designs too. Rachel can just focus on that gruesome Cali bar cuz you guys kinda sorta have to go to L A to optimize this dream. 

Bryan is signed with Latin World Entertainment, Sofia Vergara's #1 Hispanic Entertainment Managememt company and Rachel has the serious sports hookup plus, they made friends at Fashion Week.
This Grand Opening will be EPIC! Let's get the folks from DWTS as entertainment and clients. Ready, Set, GO!
clapping!  Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 1176891977 lolpanda

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Kolormiblnd wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

@Kolormiblind
@sdmom
@GuardianAngel
@Kashathediva
@Maggenzm
@Chgohighlife
Well Bryan, we've totally developed your business model, above are the names of the consultants for the check and the Advisory Board. I'm sure we can do the decor and the uniform designs too. Rachel can just focus on that gruesome Cali bar cuz you guys kinda sorta have to go to L A to optimize this dream. 

Bryan is signed with Latin World Entertainment, Sofia Vergara's #1 Hispanic Entertainment Managememt company and Rachel has the serious sports hookup plus, they made friends at Fashion Week.
This Grand Opening will be EPIC! Let's get the folks from DWTS as entertainment and clients. Ready, Set, GO!
clapping!  Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 1176891977 lolpanda

smileyyay
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 pm

So when is the move to LA?

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 Eb97c9
Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 9zt107Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 XgicucRachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 Oaw2uvRachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 2pqw5k8Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 30szzauRachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 73 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Hey GA, I posted this in the Fan forum, but I realized you might want it posted here instead because it mentions Peter's name. So feel free to edit the one in the Fan forum as you see fit. Thank you!!!

""Don’t Kid Yourself: Bryan Is the Winner Bachelor Nation Deserves

Monday’s bonkers finale was quite a ride—though it had an ending most Bachelorette fans predicted.

Courtesy of ABC.
All right, Bachelorette fans: please dry your eyes and pick your eyelashes up off the floor. It’s time to talk about Monday’s emotional roller coaster of a season finale.

Truthfully, the end of the ending—in which Rachel Lindsay chose the flamboyantly bilingual Bryan Abasolo to be her lawfully wedded husband (maybe, possibly)—was pretty much what a lot of die-hards predicted. What they likely did not foresee was the abrupt, tearful goodbye between Rachel and runner-up Peter Kraus that came first. Bryan may have walked away with a fiancée, but in the eyes of many fans, it seemed Rachel did not go home with the guy she really wanted—or, really, the one she deserves. But Bryan is the guy that Bachelor Nation deserves—and the precision with which he played his role is why many fans resent him in the first place.

ADVERTISING

Like Jordan Rodgers last year, Bryan had a suspiciously ideal pedigree: great bone structure, a loud kissing approach, and an irksome air of perfection. He seemed too good to be true (though he’s close to his mom in a way that will not be fun to contend with come Thanksgiving). His competition didn’t have a chance—even runner-up Peter, an earnest guy who seemed to be holding . . . something back. If we’re being honest, both men are gorgeous—but only one of them felt like a glossy puzzle piece that fit perfectly into this world of manufactured dating rites.

Peter couldn’t commit to engagement, which Rachel repeatedly said was the endgame for her—this is a Bachelor show, after all. That was ultimately his downfall, leading to an emotional farewell. And after nearly an hour of parsing what happened between Peter and Rachel—including a tense reunion between the two—Bryan walked away a “winner,” even though it seemed Rachel was settling for the only man left standing.

Seasoned Bachelor fans know this franchise operates on two levels: what’s actually happening behind the scenes and the narrative we all agree to buy into. It’s a well-produced spectacle, a voyeuristic, gladiator-style examination of dating rituals, purposefully populated with big personalities. We don’t know any of these guys—but it’s the producers’ job to give us just enough familiar cues to feel like we do.

Perhaps the problem, then, is that this season seemed to promise something different. On top of being an exceedingly popular contestant, Rachel is also the franchise’s first black Bachelorette—a dynamic that was handled clumsily at best. If anyone could break this show’s mold, it seemed like it would be her—an intelligent, down-to-earth lawyer, capable of seeing past the artifice of circumstance. Sadly, in the end, it seemed Rachel drank the Kool-Aid, just like every other Bachelorette.

Her final words to Bryan on that gusty mountain in Rioja, Spain were telling: “My heart has never been more confused than it has been this week,” she told him. “I’ve always been drawn to the excitement of gambling my feelings on the complicated relationships, and it’s the damaged connections that have offered me the chance to always run away. That’s why when I met you, it just seemed too perfect. I was trying to find cracks in what seemed like the perfect foundation. I always said that I would know that the person I’m supposed to be with is someone I could not picture my life without. In this moment, I see my forever, and I see my future . . . I want to tell you that I love you and I’m in love with you and I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone else.”

Compare that perfect romance-movie proclamation of love to the messy interactions Rachel had with Peter—especially their last fight, in which Peter cruelly told her to “go find someone to have a mediocre life with.” It was one of the rawest breakups in Bachelorette history, and it seemed to reveal something about Peter’s personality that viewers hadn’t caught before.

Producers created a Peter we could fall in love with—and perhaps project our own lost loves onto. But truthfully, we don’t know him; we know only what the show meant us to read into him. It’s proof of the power of editing that many fans grew to love Peter despite the fact that just weeks earlier, he’d drawn ire with a comment about Rachel being from the “hood.” (Rachel had an upper-class upbringing.) In short, fans fell in love with Peter because producers wanted them to—but Rachel insisted during their reunion that other, unseen factors besides his refusal to propose broke them up, which indicates that there were other cracks in that foundation that we weren’t privy to.

By contrast, Bryan may have said that Rachel would be making a mistake if she didn’t choose him—behind her back—but he never said anything so harsh to her face. Why? Because unlike Peter, whose real-world hang-ups got in the way of the game, Bryan came ready to commit to the fiction of The Bachelorette. Can you really blame her for picking the no-fuss option?

Rachel, too, came into this game ready to play it to the letter: arrive single and ready to mingle, and leave engaged to someone who, “in this moment,” seems like the “perfect” choice. As refreshing as Peter’s level-headedness might have been, The Bachelor is not about debating the meaning of engagement over wine in Rioja; it’s about standing on a mountain, wind tousling your hair as you stare into the glittering eyes of a man whose gelled hair doesn’t budge. It’s about flashing pearly whites as he croons the words, “Will you be my reina forever?” It’s about smooching—loudly—for the camera, maneuvering your shoulder to the perfect angle as you murmur that you’re “so blessed.”

So given all that, it’s no surprise that during their reunion, Rachel repeatedly lobbied against the idea of Peter being the next Bachelor: as reasonable as it is for him to object to proposing, that’s precisely what he signed on to do when he agreed to be on The Bachelorette. (That’s probably why viewers connected with him so strongly; for any average human, it’s perfectly understandable that Peter would not want to get engaged to someone he’s known for two months on a reality show.) Like it or not, that forced timetable, starting with a cocktail mixer and ending with an engagement ring, is what The Bachelor has always been about—and it’s very likely that in this TV universe, the Bryans will always inherit the Earth.

GET VANITY FAIR’S HWD NEWSLETTER "
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:22 pm

@Maggenzm Thanks, I didn't see this until just now. I will delete it in the Fan Forum along with my post asking to move it. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Maggenzm Thanks, I didn't see this until just now. I will delete it in the Fan Forum along with my post asking to move it. yes

Thanks GA and other Mods for keeping things in order.
rock
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:36 am

@Fangirl26, I have not heard that Bryan took the exam in Cali yet. So, I suspect that the exam he passed is in Texas. From Rachel's posts about Musika Frere, if I am correct and he still only makes Gent's clothes, then is Rachel representing him? She has not taken the bar yet. But, Bryan could be modeling for him.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.  heartbeat
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl26 Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 am

@Kolormiblnd I guess since he was interviewing for jobs in California I just assumed that he had passed but I don't know....I don't think Rachel is representing that designer but I'm guessing it could be a project that involves Bryan?? I'm only saying that because he designs menswear and he tagged Bryan in his IG story. All wild guesses from me at this point laugh out loud laugh out loud
Fangirl26
Fangirl26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday