SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 75 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Aria Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:53 am

flojo031 wrote:
Aria wrote:
flojo031 wrote:This is a bit off topic, but I think that the days of ABC producing those big, OTT weddings are a thing of the past. It just seems to me like TPTB are getting cheaper and cheaper as the years go by, if that makes any sense. The only weddings that we've been seeing lately are BIP ones, and even Jade/Tanner got tacked on to the end of one of those Bachelor Specials. Because in their eyes, BIP weddings are quick, easy and cheap. I just don't see them going back to putting on those pricey and not to mention extravagant productions anytime soon. JMO.

They were giving Ben/Lauren one and that was only a year ago. I don't know if Rachel/Bryan would get one since they're not a fan favorite couple and their ratings weren't impressive, but for a popular Bachelor couple or even Jojo/Jordan? I totally think it's still in the cards.

Point taken about Ben and Lauren. Didn't JoJo and Jordan say in numerous interviews that they don't want a TV wedding? I mean, I guess they could change their minds again but I don't think they will though.

And here's something else I wanted to address: Rachel said that she's not opposed to a TV wedding right? Well, what about her dad? I mean, he already didn't like the idea of her being on the show to begin with, so how do you guys think he'll feel about this? He refused to be on camera before, so what's going to make the wedding special any different?

I think that they've implied that they don't, saying that they would want their wedding done in a specific way and if the show couldn't do it that way, they wouldn't want it televised. Basically, I think the show would offer it to them, but I don't think J/J would accept.

I kind of think Rachel does what she wants to do. Jason's Ex didn't allow Tye to be on camera for the wedding so they didn't show him, but Jason/Molly said he was heavily involved in the ceremony. I don't think her dad would appear, but I think they would work around it, if they wanted her. I have a feeling they won't give them a wedding, though, unless they tie it in with a Bachelor special like they did with Janner. If they get married at all! IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 75 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by vacayeveryday Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 am

Aria wrote:
flojo031 wrote:
Aria wrote:

They were giving Ben/Lauren one and that was only a year ago. I don't know if Rachel/Bryan would get one since they're not a fan favorite couple and their ratings weren't impressive, but for a popular Bachelor couple or even Jojo/Jordan? I totally think it's still in the cards.

Point taken about Ben and Lauren. Didn't JoJo and Jordan say in numerous interviews that they don't want a TV wedding? I mean, I guess they could change their minds again but I don't think they will though.

And here's something else I wanted to address: Rachel said that she's not opposed to a TV wedding right? Well, what about her dad? I mean, he already didn't like the idea of her being on the show to begin with, so how do you guys think he'll feel about this? He refused to be on camera before, so what's going to make the wedding special any different?

I think that they've implied that they don't, saying that they would want their wedding done in a specific way and if the show couldn't do it that way, they wouldn't want it televised. Basically, I think the show would offer it to them, but I don't think J/J would accept.

I kind of think Rachel does what she wants to do. Jason's Ex didn't allow Tye to be on camera for the wedding so they didn't show him, but Jason/Molly said he was heavily involved in the ceremony. I don't think her dad would appear, but I think they would work around it, if they wanted her. I have a feeling they won't give them a wedding, though, unless they tie it in with a Bachelor special like they did with Janner. If they get married at all! IMO.
I actually think ABC would give them a tv wedding if they wanted it. RnB got the cover of People Mag and they also got an all-expenses paid trip back to Spain which makes me think ABC likes Rachel. Plus, I also think ABC wants to appear inclusive, diverse. So IMO if Rachel wants a TV wedding she could get one. They could easily work around not showing her dad. In the recent podcast that Rachel did with Olivia Caridi I felt that Rachel was leaning more towards a televised wedding IMO.

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 am

ABC is much more giving with BIP couples because those weddings are far less extravagant. The last one they did looked like it could have been thrown together in a couple of days IMO. The Bachelor is their primary show and most bachelors are beloved. It makes sense why they always get first dibs on a wedding and the timing works as well considering they like to do them in the winter and at that point, a bachelor would have been engaged to his F1 for about a year or so.

If they're going to give one to a bachelorette, it's going to be a special occurrence and for a popular couple IMO. JoJo and Jordan have a combined social media presence of over 3 million followers on IG and 600k on Twitter. I think they'd offer them one, or at least wanted to, but JoJo and Jordan have been pretty straight forward saying they wouldn't do it from the beginning.

Rachel doesn't even have 900k followers on her own on IG and Bryan doesn't even have 400k. Her ratings weren't great. I do think social media, popularity, ratings, etc. plays a big role in who they offer one to and Rachel and Bryan are one of the least followed couples from this franchise. Plus, if they want a wedding next year, there's going to be two be couples that will now come together after them. If Rachel and Bryan have a low following now, less people will care about their relationship a year or so from now IMO if they're still together.

It's tough for the bachelorettes because ABC is far more stingy when giving them opportunities and what not, but personally, I would prefer for these couples to do their own thing for their wedding. Their relationship would be the focus and there would be no side show. All JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 am

IDK> I don't see ABC doing it--a wedding. JMO
And if it were offered, I don't see it being done in a manner the couple or families would want. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 am

Ash2214 wrote:ABC is much more giving with BIP couples because those weddings are far less extravagant. The last one they did looked like it could have been thrown together in a couple of days IMO. The Bachelor is their primary show and most bachelors are beloved. It makes sense why they always get first dibs on a wedding and the timing works as well considering they like to do them in the winter and at that point, a bachelor would have been engaged to his F1 for about a year or so.

If they're going to give one to a bachelorette, it's going to be a special occurrence and for a popular couple IMO. JoJo and Jordan have a combined social media presence of over 3 million followers on IG and 600k on Twitter. I think they'd offer them one, or at least wanted to, but JoJo and Jordan have been pretty straight forward saying they wouldn't do it from the beginning.

Rachel doesn't even have 900k followers on her own on IG and Bryan doesn't even have 400k. Her ratings weren't great. I do think social media, popularity, ratings, etc. plays a big role in who they offer one to and Rachel and Bryan are one of the least followed couples from this franchise. Plus, if they want a wedding next year, there's going to be two be couples that will now come together after them. If Rachel and Bryan have a low following now, less people will care about their relationship a year or so from now IMO if they're still together.

It's tough for the bachelorettes because ABC is far more stingy when giving them opportunities and what not, but personally, I would prefer for these couples to do their own thing for their wedding. Their relationship would be the focus and there would be no side show. All JMO

IMO, Rachel’s ratings were depressed somewhat by the poor editing and the failed attempt to exploit the race issue by contriving and totally focusing on the Lee and Kenny ongoing stupidity and also the blatant exploitation of Dean’s dad all to the detriment of some of the really great guys who were on her season that we didn’t see nearly enough of like Adam, Matt, Josiah, Alex and others.

Clearly, SM popularity is not a major factor as Peter was about to be TB and he has only slightly more than a half mil Instagram followers while Dean has over 800K and Arie had almost none.

Having said that, after the way they intentionally butchered Bryan’s image, IMO Rachel should not trust them to do something as sacred and important as their wedding. Leave them and their sketchy editing to their own devices. JoJo is right to say no. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 pm

It's unfortunate Rachel has a low sm following, imo. She's more involved in various charities than any other leads/contestants but I guess most young followers are more interested in knowing what she wears than what causes she promotes, imo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 pm

IMO she just doesn’t resonate with folks, including me, doesn’t matter what she wears or promotes. It’s good she’s involved in charity but it doesn’t make me want to follow her personally. Same with Bryan. They’re super meh to me.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by vacayeveryday Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:58 pm

I really don't understand why she doesn't resonate. IMO she's actually one of the most interesting Bachelorettes they have ever had on the show. She's well educated, has an actual career, is fun, very active, service-oriented, has a great presence, has a sense of humor, is from a big state; i.e. she can draw in Texans. IMO Rachel is the exact opposite of "meh". The Bachelorette in general has been losing ratings over the years. So perhaps Rachel's relative unpopularity has to do with the general downward spiral of the show. And then maybe one also has to consider race. Is Rachel less relatable because she is black? Eric also has relatively few IG followers compared to the others in the F4 -- about 125K for Eric, compared with around 400k for Bryan, 550K for Peter and 810K for Dean. I guess we'll know better when we can compare Rachel's numbers to those of the next Bachelorette to see if it's just part of a downward trend.

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Alanna wrote:IMO she just doesn’t resonate with folks, including me, doesn’t matter what she wears or promotes. It’s good she’s involved in charity but it doesn’t make me want to follow her personally. Same with Bryan. They’re super meh to me.

I agree with @Alanna. Rachel just doesn't do it for me. Either does Bryan. Based on what little I have seen of her here since the show, I have a feeling she would be willing to do a televised wedding since she went from hardly doing any SM to be doing a ton of press/SM these days. I don't know how that could include her dad as I assume she would want him to walk her down the aisle.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:26 pm

IMO I think Rachel appealed to viewers more prior to her season airing and while it aired. From what I see, a lot of people lost interest because she didn’t choose who they wanted her to choose. Not saying those are the views of folks here who don’t find her appealing, but it’s something I’vd noticed in comments on her social media. That, coupled with her and Bryan’s lack of social media skills leads to less popularity. I don’t think they appeal to the younger audience who want to see OOTD’s and sponsored IG posts, which is fine with me because I’m a fan and support her and Bryan as a couple. She just doesn’t seem to care about having a ton of followers IMO.
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:40 pm

I understand Rachel is not as popular as Jojo and Kaitlyn, but she has less followers than Raven, Becca and Lauren B? Those girls don't seem very attractive or intelligent to me, and their posts are not interesting, imo. Maybe I am just too old for sm!

I like someone who represents something bigger than Bach Nation, so that's why I like Rachel.

Also, Rachel doesn't shill. Is that because she's not offered or she's just very selective?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:58 pm

@sdmom Good question, i’m not sure. She had more sponsored posts right after the finale (Dunkin and Bark Box) but I haven’t seen anything since then. Maybe she chooses not to shill and wants to focus on philanthropic opportunities or it could be a combination of choosing not to and not being offered no idea
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday