SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 76 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 76 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by vacayeveryday Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:12 pm

bachfan218 wrote:IMO I think Rachel appealed to viewers more prior to her season airing and while it aired. From what I see, a lot of people lost interest because she didn’t choose who they wanted her to choose. Not saying those are the views of folks here who don’t find her appealing, but it’s something I’vd noticed in comments on her social media. That, coupled with her and Bryan’s lack of social media skills leads to less popularity. I don’t think they appeal to the younger audience who want to see OOTD’s and sponsored IG posts, which is fine with me because I’m a fan and support her and Bryan as a couple. She just doesn’t seem to care about having a ton of followers IMO.

That's a good point. I do see a lot of SM commentators saying that they liked her on Nick's season but that they started to dislike her when she became the lead. I know a lot of ppl were turned off that she didn't pick the fan favorite and how she treated him on the AFTR and post-show. IMO I think some ppl are also turned off by her "sassiness"; i.e. that she's not always sweet & nice. I like that about her, but if you prefer more of a Jojo/Emily type, Rachel's not like that.

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 76 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:38 pm

She was 'meh' to me on Nick's season as well. So I didn't even waste my time watching the majority of her season. Only night I watched was the finale/ATFR and she was still 'meh'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm

I listened to the podcast and want to compliment Olivia Caridi for her interviewing acumen. You can tell she's had media training.

The biggest take away for me was that Bryan is quiet and reserved and is very content to let Rachel take the lead in social situations. I also found it interesting that it isn't 100% certain that they're moving to California - sounded as if they are still deciding between Dallas and LA.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:53 pm

vacayeveryday wrote:
bachfan218 wrote:IMO I think Rachel appealed to viewers more prior to her season airing and while it aired. From what I see, a lot of people lost interest because she didn’t choose who they wanted her to choose. Not saying those are the views of folks here who don’t find her appealing, but it’s something I’vd noticed in comments on her social media. That, coupled with her and Bryan’s lack of social media skills leads to less popularity. I don’t think they appeal to the younger audience who want to see OOTD’s and sponsored IG posts, which is fine with me because I’m a fan and support her and Bryan as a couple. She just doesn’t seem to care about having a ton of followers IMO.

That's a good point. I do see a lot of SM commentators saying that they liked her on Nick's season but that they started to dislike her when she became the lead. I know a lot of ppl were turned off that she didn't pick the fan favorite and how she treated him on the AFTR and post-show. IMO I think some ppl are also turned off by her "sassiness"; i.e. that she's not always sweet & nice. I like that about her, but if you prefer more of a Jojo/Emily type, Rachel's not like that.

I liked her fine in the sleuthing before Nick's season and for most of the season. What lost me was her was her post show behaviour with the mean girls...before her season even started. I like sassy just fine. I'm rather sassy myself. What I don't like is mean. I could care less who she picked or why she picked him. I definitely was not an Emily fan and JoJo was OK. As for her not caring about having a ton of followers, I disagree. If she had just continued to use SM sparingly post show like she had before, then I would believe that, but what I am seeing is someone who is posting a lot more. And I don't even follow her...just based on what I see here. Nothing wrong with that, but it leads me to think she does care about followers and getting her name out there.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

My two cents:
Televised wedding: Contrary to some opinions here, I don't think they need ABC to get married! Between the two of them and their families they can have a pretty good wedding without ABC. They may be offered one and still turn it down if their conditions are not met. Knowing what she knows now, Rachel will want all the "i"s crossed and the "T"s dotted before getting into bed with TPTB again - Once bitten twice shy.

Popularity: 1) Rachel and Bryan had little to no SM presence prior to the show and still are not adept at utilizing it compared to some of the others. 2) They do not shill (I don't think, that she has not been offered - I think she chooses not to and does not care about followers). If Rachel would shill beauty products, clothes or do some tutorials on skin care, I bet her followers would increase exponentially. Case in point, questions about her skin care regimen or where she bought a dress/shoe that go unanswered. 3) The fact that she did not pick the cast member BN wanted her to pick is also a factor. 4) Age and professional background and aspirations are also paramount here. They were both educated professionals prior to the franchise. They have also said many times, that they have no plans to ditch their professions in favor of reality TV - or whatever. They also have said that they are willing to entertain/explore any opportunity that comes along. 5) Race cannot be overlooked here either - I will leave it at that! 6) Personal preference, I cannot stand saccharine sweetness in anyone, all the time. No-one is like that. Jojo was "meh" to me on Ben's season, I skipped most of her season till the last two episodes. So I get that Rachel is not everyone's cup of tea.

But I like her, the fact that she is a professional and opting to promote worthy causes in favor of more SM accepted activities is not a popular stance with fans of this franchise.

@Sprite, I agree she wants to get her name out there but not because she craves it, I think there is a plan in progress. We shall see. AMO.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.  heartbeat
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Sprite wrote:
vacayeveryday wrote:

I liked her fine in the sleuthing before Nick's season and for most of the season. What lost me was her was her post show behaviour with the mean girls...before her season even started. I like sassy just fine. I'm rather sassy myself. What I don't like is mean. I could care less who she picked or why she picked him. I definitely was not an Emily fan and JoJo was OK. As for her not caring about having a ton of followers, I disagree. If she had just continued to use SM sparingly post show like she had before, then I would believe that, but what I am seeing is someone who is posting a lot more. And I don't even follow her...just based on what I see here. Nothing wrong with that, but it leads me to think she does care about followers and getting her name out there.

I see what you mean. For me, I’m fairly new to sleuthing and to this franchise because the first season I ever watched was Ben H’s. I’m not familar with Rachel and the squad’s behavior post show. But, I think her frequent posting now is a response to how people felt about her season. Seems to me she wants to show people that she’s happy with Bryan etc. A lot of supporters ask in her comments for her to post more often. I feel like she doesn’t like to post that much but does it to appease fans. She’s mentioned before in an IG live that she doesn’t like to do it often.

JMO

@kolormiblnd well said!
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:19 pm

@Kolormiblnd along the same wavelength as the televised wedding, I can't see why they or their families would want it. 
Besides the once bitten, twice shy PTB machinations, why would they want their loved ones to deal with a cash bar? Or for them to deal with a cut to the bone guest list? Or cheesy Michaels/Christmas Tree Store Decorations?
  The show is not going to give them any redemption the couple thinks is owed to them, this I seriously doubt. So, as far as the wedding of their dreams is concerned, they would be best to do it their own way and on their own. JMOAA.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:46 pm

If they end up getting married which isn’t a given, I don’t see them turning down a tv wedding if offered especially if they do move to CA. Now if they stay in Dallas then things change. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Do they still pay couples for televised weddings? Because if they do, we are forgetting one other powerful incentive to do it or cheesy marriage bootcamp shows -->>> MONEY!

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.  heartbeat
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Kolormiblnd wrote:Do they still pay couples for televised weddings? Because if they do, we are forgetting one other powerful incentive to do it or cheesy marriage bootcamp shows -->>> MONEY!

Yes they still get a lump sum of money on top of having the wedding paid for.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 76 87b72b10 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 76 86669110 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 76 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:45 pm

I truly enjoy the conversations regarding sm followers. Even when we don't agree on everything, have different faves, the discussions are insightful and everyone is respectful to each other. Thanks, y'all!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:15 pm

umngirl wrote:
Kolormiblnd wrote:Do they still pay couples for televised weddings? Because if they do, we are forgetting one other powerful incentive to do it or cheesy marriage bootcamp shows -->>> MONEY!

Yes they still get a lump sum of money on top of having the wedding paid for.

I do believe they get around $1M for doing the televised wedding.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday