SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Post by Norcalgal Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:28 pm

I hear you Sprite but after so many seasons, the show has been struggling to find new ways to 'surprise and delight' us viewers. Having a technically married contestant on the show is a surprise, but it misses the boat on the delight.

Who do you think is F1? And why?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5321

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Post by Sprite Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:37 pm

@Norcalgal I still haven't had the chance to watch the last two episodes so I'm not sure, but before that I was torn between James and Stu. I may change my mind after I see those episodes.

James because I like him and he seems to be everything she said she wanted. Plus, they seem to have a nice rapport.

Stu...well, him I can't quite explain why. He is the right age, they met before, she seemed happy he was there, and really, of the guys left, he seems to me the only other viable option. I have to see their date to see if I can say that they have any chemistry.

I'm heading out to Toronto for the Pitbull concert shortly and then I'm at an adoption event for ABCR tomorrow, so I won't have much time till tomorrow night or Monday to watch. I'll post again with my thoughts after I've seen them. I might change my mind?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:48 pm

I would like to know more about Sophie's lifestyle.
She has been in entertainment all of her adult life so am curious if she has ever dated anyone outside of the biz. Also, does she have many friendships with folk outside of the biz? Given her history, I'm wondering if she has a realistic or a romanticized vision of "normal" life.

I also want to know more from each of this group of guys regarding what they want from a relationship. Sophie is passionate about her work and that work IMO can be announced on short notice, take her out of the country, be for an extended period of time but also there can be long lull periods. A partner needs to be a flexible personality in order to adapt to these things plus needs to not be a jealous or possessive type. Also, he needs to naturally not be the type that likes to be the center of attention (most of the remaining guys fit nicely with this) because Sophie is famous and she is the one that has earned attention, regardless of how she feels about it, so with that comes fans and red carpets, and interviews plus good or bad press, for as long as she remains an entertainer. I imagine she would adapt her schedule as a mother however until that happens her work life is somewhat unpredictable.

IMO Blake and Jarrod are definitely out. That leaves James, Stu, and Apollo as viable. Hopefully HTDs will bring a lot more insight of each.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 pm

@locoforbach @BabyGotBach

if you are still no spoiled... i would love to know your comments handwave

Back to top Go down

Post by laura_ann Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 am

Hello. An Australian here handwave
I've seen a few people asking questions about Stu, so I thought I'd start an account to answer your questions
1. Stu isn't a 'celebrity'. Most Australians wouldn't have any idea who he is. He was on a TV show recently where they had privileged people live like the homeless. However, it was only an episode or two and it wasn't broadcast on a major television network. I wouldn't have known who he was at all if I hadn't watched the show myself.
2. Separated means separated here, so I think the distinction is important - if he was actually divorced then I think he would have said so.

Last edited by laura_ann on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

laura_ann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:47 am

laura_ann wrote:Hello. An Australian here handwave
I've seen a few people asking questions about Stu, so I thought I'd start an account to answer your questions
1. Stu isn't a 'celebrity'. Most Australians wouldn't have any idea who he is. He was on a TV show recently where they had privileged people live like the homeless. However, it was only an episode or two and it wasn't broadcast on a major television network. I wouldn't have known who he was at all if I hadn't watched the show myself.
2. Separated means separated here, so I think the distinction is important - if he was actually divorced then I think he would have said so.

Welcome1

Thank you so much for those infos!!!!

So it means  he is still married..... wow.
Privileged .... means definitely very rich which I knew with his third generation publican and having a boat he does not know to sail. Nothing wrong to be rich, good for him but his motives to participate to such franchise for her while he could have done it months ago.... naa Suspect
And is a tv fame addict.... and recently?.... totally meh no

Well... I hope he is not F1 because it will be such a pack of bs. Then Australian will be exactly as US show level... Redfacemad

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 am

Just catching up on everyone's posts again.
Norcalgal wrote:
5. I actually thought that Stu's single date was the best of all - I can see these two together. I think Stu has had enough playing around that he'd like to just be settled and enjoy a fun partner. One reason I think he and Sophie could make a good couple is they don't take life too seriously.
6. Jarrod - I didn't mind him until the last episode with the onsies. Very intense - probably too intense for Sophie. I loved how she mothered him - and I think whomever she chooses she will do that for her partner.

If I had to guess, F4 will be Apollo, Jarrod, James and Stu. Have no idea who is final 1, after Stu's single date.

It's interesting to hear a different perspective on Stu. A positive one.
I just don't see their chemistry as being F1... or I should say, the producers are not letting us see enough.  I do think she really loved it when he explained why he was there during their SD.
If he is F1, the producers did a seriously crap job of editing this show and really have no clue as to why people watch this show.... and it is to see a love story!!  Fine to bring him in as an intruder but if he is F1, then the producers needed to be showing at least a little chemistry from every episode since then to make us buy into this relationship at this late stage.

The same as for Jarrod.  @HEA, you mentioned maybe he might be F2 in one of your posts.  Again, I'm just catching up on all the posts the past couple of days.  There is no way he reaches F2 with that edit.  That's crazy talk!   laugh out loud  The producer's have a lost the plot if they give an F2 that edit

And also, I am Australian too and yeah I have never ever heard of Stu Lundy, never seen him in any entertainment pages etc.
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:21 am

@HEA I just read the S/CAPs thread and your reasons about Jarrod potentially being F2. Interesting!
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:30 am

@mjoy I am confused to be honest.

with any other lead, I generally know the top 2. my record say that I pick the F2 most of the time with the male version of the franchise but i am generally good with the female version.

But with sophie? She is so awkward and stiff but i have a hard time to decide if it is because she does not feel it or if because she is shy with the ones she wants too much. This theory does not work because of Luke and we all know he did not even make top4.

yes she was flattered that stu told her that being above the aussie mortal as his presence will ruin business relationships, his wish to participate was for her forbidding her to end with another guy but him..... i get that. (not believing his speech since he had 12 months to contact her discreetly without the franchise to woe her and date her... the last minute second thought that she mind be his SECOND love of his life after his WIFE... do not buy it)

The incredible connection they had right at the helico.... with all the guys behind her? Sorry, do not buy it either.

This said, it IS possible that since the helico he was completely hidden, which he was for 2 episodes until he got his 1-1. So the guy arrived late, and was on top of it hidden so we saw zero love story and he ends up F1? Makes no sense.

Now. we also know that we have hometown and still 2 other dates before the finale. But we also know that by hometown, leads generally already know who are their F1.

So unless we have sophie who asked the prods before show to convince him to participate (who knows, maybe sophie is not the genuine girl we think she is.... we saw that with matty j who already made his choice with laura whom he met at this sauna).... Since it was sophie who refused the date, since she said she changed her mind with stu about his personality....

oh and very interesting here about this... changed her mind.... so for me I read that the guy was a player. Didn't you catch this guys? She specifically said that she was glad he made her change her mind. So I am thinking that the guy loved/loves to party. Money is not an issue.

So out of nowhere, with this recent (how recent? before meeting sophie or after?) homeless TV public show, he had an illumination and decided tht sophie was the girl he wanted to end his life with, become a stepmother .... and very accepting the fact that he is not free to marry her........ mmm... why not. I will give him the benefice of the doubt but changing overnight like that and decided to with no more parties?.... yeah right. I will give him the 1% chance it is that.

If he is F1... I know australian people will have a major fit with that. Still married, rich and not the regular bloke she said she wanted.... ouch

For me time is key in this franchise. It is said over and over again. Lets remember luke saying that the "aggressive way is working" with sophie. We definitely saw that with Jarrod. We saw that with James (all the SC I made showing that he was next to sophie during GD). Apollo, I did not particularly noticed. However, I saw Stu making affectionate bald moves when she was on the boat with AJ and James and I did not see interest or receciprocity. In fact she was more at ease with Blake when he gave her a massage and when she put her arm around his back when she took him away for the extra time. I did not see much chemistry with blake after that on the boat and she kind flatly refuse to kiss him by turning it in a joke.

Flattery and interest are 2 different things. She claimed many times she wants a bestie. So far I see emotional connection and ease with apollo and james. I do not see this ease with stu, jarod, even blake.

Jarrod showed his devotion since day 1.... he would literally die for her. He is everything sweet and excessive. HOwever sophie is in the bubble and it is hard for her to see the OTT. She does not see half of what the audience see with the guys. So for her, he is genuine and she knows he is in love. For this reason, she likes him. Her attitude when she ran after him to console him and make a diversion with the ugg boots was so so obvious.

again because they have things in common does not mean stu is F1. I bet she met many guys like stu in real life. Many who work few months and do nothing the other time of the year. Having 3 siblings is also nice but not A major factor that they are meant to be together......

James is still my F1 but this franchise taught me to wait after hometown to decide truly as this is generally when we truly see the chemistry.

i still wonder if we will have a 2nd 1-1 on top of Blake. that is generally the norm right? two 2nd SD and one 3-1?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:30 am

GEZZZZZ I am chatty this morning cantstopl Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 28 2622943811 Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 28 2622943811

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:08 pm

and by 2nd SD... I am 50/50 between james and jarrod...  maybe more jarrod since it was hinted a couple of times in ep7 and ep8

and I am reminded myself of Viarni who was in this awkward 3-1 and ended with zac. so anything is possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:17 pm

I feel pretty confident Jarrod is F2 - that preview from his HT and mom saying "Please don't break his heart" is so much like Elise asking Matty not to take her further if he didn't see it with her.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

+7
mjoy
Idlemess
Jolena
AllAboutLove
BabyGotBach
locoforbach
GuardianAngel
11 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum