SELECT CONTENT

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:15 pm

First and foremost, the reject contestants that go on BIP are looking to extend their 15 minutes of fame. If a relationship happens while they are there, that's a bonus. Most of those people return home single and start shilling on their IG accounts. I think everyone talking about her age gave her a complex and now she is trying to appear older than 22. Oh wait, 23. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:22 pm

There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of everything that comes their way after going on a season. For me, stop saying you're mature and ready for marriage, when you're 23 yrs old, and have had very little life experience. She's young, she has lots of years ahead of her to enjoy. Just stop with the I'm mature and I'm more ready than Arie to get married. After trashing his decision saying they'll never stay together, she back peddled and said yeah she believes he wants marriage and kids but he's not ready.

Every single couple that comes out of this franchise get's accused of not making it. Nothing new.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:16 pm

Sprite wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Bekah is entitled to her opinion about whether she thinks Arie is ready for marriage or not, but leave it at that.  The part that made me roll my eyes is she believes she is more ready than he is and that is just laughable as she is going on another reality tv show soon.  Jmho

I actually think Baby is pretty spot on in her Arie assessment. As to the part about her being more ready for marriage, I took that to be tongue in cheek/sarcasm...in as in my whole storyline was my age, but compared to him I'm just as ready.

And what has her going on another reality show got to do with her being ready for marriage? Older people...who are presumably more mature than her and thus ready for marriage are going. Why shouldn't she take advantage of the opportunities that she is presented because she is younger?
After Bekah's personal journey with Arie (she had a front row seat), her opinion is valid if you have walked in her shoes. When you take Bekah out of her environment (partying with her buddies) and conversate with her, she's pretty damn mature. She's 23 and pretty much the star of the show. She's handling it OK. She'll grow into the spotlight as time goes on with a lil more maturity. That really has nothing to do with what is going on with Arie and her opinion.  On one hand, I do see her react as someone who isn't serious about marriage at this point in her life. On the other hand, when you see Arie react with TEARS to only her departure, I think she's spot on to call Arie's mindset (the time is now to get married) like she sees it.   JMO

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by North Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:08 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of everything that comes their way after going on a season.

Amen. After reading how much these folks make $$$ being "social influencers" -- it is practically a career opportunity at this point to go on these shows. Increase your reach. Expand your brand. Explore avenues not previously open to you. Most of them do it, and I can't blame them -- why not use the exposure as a springboard to pursue a passion or take time off from the 9-5. Not everyone is successful but I give them credit for trying in the brief window they are given.

GuardianAngel wrote:Every single couple that comes out of this franchise get's accused of not making it. Nothing new.
Truer words have never been spoken.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:It's funny how we judge someone we don't even know.  I've been guilty of it.  Some of these contestants are not my cup of tea.  We are seeing a one dimensional character on a highly edited television show.  I like Bekah, but I am not buying what she is selling that she is ready for marriage, especially when she is heading to BIP this summer.  Jmhoaa.    

Right now BiP in four seasons has 2 marriages and one current engagement out of six proposals. So Bekha’s odds for marriage at 33% on BiP are better than the 10% for the bachelor and that is with me including Jason, less than 5% with only Sean.

Seems BiPs a better marriage show than the bachelor, at least by the numbers.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:34 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:It's funny how we judge someone we don't even know.  I've been guilty of it.  Some of these contestants are not my cup of tea.  We are seeing a one dimensional character on a highly edited television show.  I like Bekah, but I am not buying what she is selling that she is ready for marriage, especially when she is heading to BIP this summer.  Jmhoaa.    

Right now BiP in four seasons has 2 marriages and one current engagement out of six proposals. So Bekha’s odds for marriage at 33% on BiP are better than the 10% for the bachelor and that is with me including Jason, less than 5% with only Sean.

That's great, but Bekah is 23. Methinks she just wants to have fun right now and imo, she should. Marriage changes your life. Children change it even more. Imho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Sprite wrote:I actually think Baby is pretty spot on in her Arie assessment. As to the part about her being more ready for marriage, I took that to be tongue in cheek/sarcasm...in as in my whole storyline was my age, but compared to him I'm just as ready.
I agree word I think that there's a difference between BEING READY for marriage and WANTING it ... For me "being ready" means that you understand what that entails (monogamy, consideration, compromise, equality, trust, partnership, etc. ...) and in case of presented opportunity you are willing to make that commitment with the right amount of accountability, respect and devotion to make the marriage lasting.
While wanting to be married is an idea of partnership through your own perspective (through life experience) and dreams/fulfilment.
Being ready has little to do with the age or life experience and is usually more of a reflection of people's background/history (family, social circle), their character development and their principles/core values. Instead "wanting the marriage" is usually a reflection of certain goals, personal desires/longing.

Now Bekah might be ready for marriage, but IMO she doesn't want it now, because she isn't willing to make that compromise and put herself in the situation where she also has to consider the other side ... as she sincerely disclosed, she is still in the phase of wanting to be in control and selfish (I would say, as anyone in their 20s who still want to experience and discover the "world") ... Now Arie ... as I agree with Bekah ... IMO isn't ready for marriage, because IMO he doesn't understand what that entails and isn't willing to that level of commitment (my assesment is based on his past and current actions, decisions and choices of words, how he presents himself and how he behaves), but he wants to be married or at least that's what he is saying maybe wishing to convince himself.

I OTH wanted to get married by 25 and I wasn't even close to be ready (but I didn't know it), while my best friend was ready and wanted the whole "family unit" by 21 and she did it. Then in my late 20s and early 30s I wasn't ready and I didn't want to get married at all, if ever, and now in my middle 30s I'm finally ready, but I have no longing to be married.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

That's great, but Bekah is 23.  Methinks she just wants to have fun right now and imo, she should.  Marriage changes your life.  Children change it even more.  Imho.  

I don’t disagree in general, but since Arie had five years between Emily and now to show commitment and has not, I have no clue if his advanced age makes him any more ready. Some people are ready for marriage at 21 (my nephew who is about to have his 14th wedding anniversary) or my ex who at 50 had two failed marriages, three failed engagements, and various one year relationships that all ended because of his inability to stay faithful. To me in marriage readiness age is a smaller factor than ability to be monogamous. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Heard an interview with Beks and Julia Litman.
She said when CH mentioned she was going to be on BIP, that wasn’t true. No negotiations going on about that.
She thinks a Becca will be the Bette
Tia said she loved Arie after the first date or after spending about 3 hours with him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Stone_Hedge wrote:Heard an interview with Beks and Julia Litman.
She said when CH mentioned she was going to be on BIP, that wasn’t true. No negotiations going on about that.
She thinks a Becca will be the Bette
Tia said she loved Arie after the first date or after spending about 3 hours with him

That was actually a very good interview.

She went into it thinking it was going to be Peter and even though she knew it wasn't she chose to go ahead with the appearance.

She also said that the whole Tia jumping on her about bringing up guys back home was actually on a bus in Italy and the producer with them was asking them about dating before coming on the show. Bekah said that knowing only 1 (or 2...) of them would end up with Arie, she just threw it out there asking if there would be anyone at home they'd like to date. Tia took offense to the conversation because she was there for ARIE...

She was very well spoken as well.

She also talked about her nanny position. She had been with the family for a couple of years and at the time of the filming they were transitioning the child to daycare so her position was going to be ending. So she went on the show. Got home right before Halloween. She had now found another position as a nanny there in LA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 pm

They must really have a shortage of nannies in La. 
JMSO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:25 am

Bekah was very upset when she left after spending what 5 hours? with Arie and several PI's about her feelings for Arie. She IMHO is one to talk.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+66
nuts2uiam
nd4reality
alwayscooking
Chgohighlife
eliza3