SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 23 Empty Re: Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:37 pm

BKay wrote:snipped..

No, that isn't what I was trying to say, so I'll try to clarify. In the dating scenarios that Arie's exes provided publicly, Arie was not committed to them and had not implied to them that he was. They hoped he would commit and they invested in a relationship that carried no promises. This is where the fault becomes the woman's, imo. We need to protect ourselves and our emotions first and foremost. Just because a man likes me and enjoys our sex doesn't mean he is in love, so if he gets tired of it and moves on, that doesn't make him a cheater. It makes me a dolt for being too easy to get, and for not being aware of his signals that I guarantee you were there if I had really wanted to know how he felt.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

RE; when someone finds the one which is my belief, I have seen it among people I know. One couple in particular, married 25 yrs after he had an affair with a staff member. They got married. They have three grown kids now and have been happily married. Another couple, he cheated on his wife. He married the person he cheated with, they have together worked hard for years and are living a luxurious life style with owning several investment properties travelling and still working in their late 60's. I'll include Ed/Jilly's in those stat's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 23 Empty Re: Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 pm

BKay wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:Ok, so let me see if I'm understanding this...

If/When he cheats on LB, it's simply because she's not the one?  And that somehow makes it all ok and all fault falls on her, not him?

No, that isn't what I was trying to say, so I'll try to clarify. In the dating scenarios that Arie's exes provided publicly, Arie was not committed to them and had not implied to them that he was. They hoped he would commit and they invested in a relationship that carried no promises. This is where the fault becomes the woman's, imo. We need to protect ourselves and our emotions first and foremost. Just because a man likes me and enjoys our sex doesn't mean he is in love, so if he gets tired of it and moves on, that doesn't make him a cheater. It makes me a dolt for being too easy to get, and for not being aware of his signals that I guarantee you were there if I had really wanted to know how he felt.

I agree @BKay, 100%. Women have got to stop attributing their own sentiments to men and being gullible and easy to use and cowardly about communication. Arie is no choirboy but he seems fairly straightforward and honest. He sleeps with you and hangs out with you for a year. He never tells you he loves you because HE DOESNT. Neon sign; you’re not invited to be his date at his brother’s wedding. She graduated college, took a gamble, followed Arie to Arizona for his convenient access. She lost.simple as that.  If she had sat him down month three or at any point, I’m pretty sure he would have been honest about his feelings. You can’t trick a man into loving you and you can’t hang around till you grow on him like a fungus. Especially not a man with Arie’s experience. 

No one owes you more respect than you show yourself and loving a man who does not love you never ends well. That’s the unvarnished truth. We all have to understand that and protect our hearts and our spirits. I do not feel sorry for women who lack the courage to look out for themselves.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 pm

It's amazing to me that he hasn't loved anyone since Emily? Really? Honestly, that must make his ex's feel like crap.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:It's amazing to me that he hasn't loved anyone since Emily?  Really?  Honestly, that must make his ex's feel like crap.  

And we constantly hear the real love comes post show, so that was show love. Now wasn’t he with a woman with a child who miscarried his baby? How he can claim Emily as his first live? Maybe I am misreading that?

It is all weird, hope Lauren ends up happy with her choice.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:It's amazing to me that he hasn't loved anyone since Emily?  Really?  Honestly, that must make his ex's feel like crap.  

And we constantly hear the real love comes post show, so that was show love. Now wasn’t he with a woman with a child who miscarried his baby? How he can claim Emily as his first live? Maybe I am misreading that?

The girl who miscarried his baby was before Emily. Remember him saying he had dated a woman with kids before her.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

I recall him saying since Emily and if I'm not mistaken that one was before Emily, someone can correct me.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

The girl who miscarried his baby was before Emily. Remember him saying he had dated a woman with kids before her.

pbmax wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I recall him saying since Emily and if I'm not mistaken that one was before Emily, someone can correct me.

Good to know I had seen a post that Emily was the first time he said ILY and Lauren will be the last. That bugged me. So I was misinformed. Thank you for letting me know.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
BKay wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:Ok, so let me see if I'm understanding this...

If/When he cheats on LB, it's simply because she's not the one?  And that somehow makes it all ok and all fault falls on her, not him?

I agree @BKay, 100%. Women have got to stop attributing their own sentiments to men and being gullible and easy to use and cowardly about communication. Arie is no choirboy but he seems fairly straightforward and honest. He sleeps with you and hangs out with you for a year. He never tells you he loves you because HE DOESNT. Neon sign; you’re not invited to be his date at his brother’s wedding. She graduated college, took a gamble, followed Arie to Arizona for his convenient access. She lost.simple as that.  If she had sat him down month three or at any point, I’m pretty sure he would have been honest about his feelings. You can’t trick a man into loving you and you can’t hang around till you grow on him like a fungus. Especially not a man with Arie’s experience. 

No one owes you more respect than you show yourself and loving a man who does not love you never ends well. That’s the unvarnished truth. We all have to understand that and protect our hearts and our spirits. I do not feel sorry for women who lack the courage to look out for themselves.

He may not have told Sydney he loved her, but according to her he introduced her to everyone as his girlfriend, spent on average 4 nights a week with her, spent holidays with her, celebrated their anniversary etc. That is more than just casual dating IMO and doesn't mean he can still go around screwing whoever behind her back and it's somehow her fault for not asking the right questions. Most guys will drop a "clingy" and "controlling" girlfriend in a hot second and make it seem like it's all their fault, so young women are conditioned into acting like the cool girl and going with the flow. She did apparently question him at times about certain things like him never posting pics of her on IG or his relationship with Courtney and he just gave BS excuses. That is not honesty. Even their breakup was triggered by him lying to her about going somewhere with Courtney. Seems the moment she started questioning his lies and giving him attitude, he was out. Which is his prerogative of course, but I thought it was telling that they apparently had a great relationship while she was being easy-going and not really questioning him, and as soon as she did, he dropped her like a hot potato out of the blue. You can say he just realised it wasn't working out, but then when you look at his actions with Becca, it starts to seem like a pattern. He was sneaking Becca off to Arizona and introducing her to his friends practically right after the engagement, yet was done with her a month or so later. Maybe she questioned him as well and he didn't like it. I can see how he'd think Lauren would be easier to handle, if what we've seen of them together so far is anything to go by. I hope she's found her voice by now and asks him some tough questions. All JMOAA.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 am

@mindless That's a really good point. I can definitely see that leading to the switch.

I do feel bad for Lauren. Becca will be beloved by the end of all this and will get the Bachelorette, so I'm sure that in a few months she'll be thanking her lucky stars that Arie dumped her. But Lauren will get painted as the "other woman" and attacked on-line. And she's doing this all for a guy who has a history of leaving when things get even the slightest bit tough. Not to mention the cheating and the lying. After she was just with a guy who didn't treat her well, I feel bad she's going to go through it all over again.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 am

Sharleen wrote:LAUREN'S 1-ON-1
I've been keen to see Lauren's 1-on-1 for quite some time. I mentioned this last week, but one of my favorite things about Lauren (in addition to how not performer-y she is) is this feeling that she's not necessarily as into Arie as he is into her. I'm not saying that cruelly, because obviously I'd like him to end up with someone where the interest is entirely mutual, but rather that that subtle inequality creates opportunity for confessions like this...
Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 23 Gif1
Also note the humility it takes for Arie to admit the above. In his position of power and where all the women are assumed to be gung-ho about him, his ego hasn't gotten the best of him. The above feels like something a normal guy might think on an actual first date with a girl he's into.

Lauren was noticeably quiet on her 1-on-1 (we were sure to be shown many clips of Arie pointing out famous sites and her responding with, "Wow") and it hurt my heart a bit to watch. This is because I do feel like Lauren is indeed VERY into Arie, but she's endearingly uncomfortable on camera in addition to the trust issues that she admitted to having. I felt like this translated into Lauren continuously leaving the ball in Arie's court to keep the conversation flowing. It's easy to watch a date like theirs and just jump to the conclusion of, "Oh they have nothing to talk about", but I don't think that's the case at all. It's more that there's SO MUCH to talk about that it's positively overwhelming and you almost don't know where to begin. Add to that the pressure to have this magical date that catapults your relationship forward.

My metaphor here (because you know by now I love silly metaphors) is that "Roll-A-Ball" horse racing game (which by the way is my favorite carnival game). Only when you get your ball in the hard-to-reach, high number hole does your horse really take a big stride forward, but all the other horses are constantly inching forward as well. With these 1-on-1 dates, there's such a heavy pressure to not only get that rose, but to take that huge stride forward. I can see the stress causing shyer personalities like Lauren's to clam up even more than she already might.

I loved Arie's sweet response to Lauren's fear that she wouldn't be able to open up fast enough to keep her in the race...
Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 23 Gif3
A few of you expressed surprise that Arie gave Lauren the rose but I didn't find it out of the ordinary at all given that Arie is clearly very attracted to and intrigued by her, despite the faster burn of other relationships.

Finally, this date wraps up with a kiss...
Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 23 Gif4
... which doesn't line up with the kiss track (listen for the "smooch" sound even though there's no smooch in their kiss)...
http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor22/episode6
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 am

Sharleen IMHO is the best recapper, totally unbiased. I tend to always agree with her. She is the only one I enjoy reading, compared to others I ignore, or skim through.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:28 am

Sharleen nailed it once again. I, too, thought it took some humility for Arie to admit that Lauren may not like him as much as he liked her. Add to that his comment about having a crush on Lauren and hoping she would like him too, I felt catapulted back into an elementary school setting. Do you like me? Mark yes or no. awwww
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Burnham - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+70
LiboLRC
whit90
kmick0890
blueblues
jen689