SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 21 of 77 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 49 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:58 am

I checked Wiki, not much info.

What do we know about him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Mitchell

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:47 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I checked Wiki, not much info.

What do we know about him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Mitchell

TBH I think this is probably just his mates having a laugh IMO - I doubt he is being seriously considered.  He apparently plays rugby and therefore completely outside my sphere of knowledge since I do not follow any kind of sports ball.  laugh out loud

All Australians would be familiar with his ex (Delta) and her name was mentioned last year in relation to being the next Bachelorette which I am hoping isn't true as she irritates me for reasons I won't go into unless she's actually cast (please no).

The thing I think is more significant is that we've seen so many names being thrown around in the past week - and some really random ones like Drew - which makes me think Cam is definitely out or playing extremely hard to get and TPTB are panicking.

ETA: Just noticed that Sportsbet have odds up for the premiere night viewing numbers for Bachette but not Bach.  Weird.  They had odds last week but seem to have taken them down.  Also still no option to bet on potential leads.  If SB don't know, it's a good indication TPTB still haven't picked anyone yet IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Stop the presses! DM and No Idea have a scoop! Cameron was seen being fitted for a suit and renewing his passport, so he must be the next Bach! Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 3806527698

Typical trash article, but it could be a sign, filming should start in the next week or so if they're working to their previous schedules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5461467/Cameron-Cranley-fuels-rumours-Bachelor.html
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Stop the presses! DM and No Idea have a scoop! Cameron was seen being fitted for a suit and renewing his passport, so he must be the next Bach! Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 3806527698

Typical trash article, but it could be a sign, filming should start in the next week or so if they're working to their previous schedules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5461467/Cameron-Cranley-fuels-rumours-Bachelor.html

Cam made a comment on one of Courtney's IG pics saying he was going to be in LA this month (see upthread) so I'd say it's more likely related to that?  Unless they've thrown themselves at Cam's feet and said they'll do/pay him anything he wants.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Well I wonder what's going on at Channel 10 headquarters? This time last year the Bachelor was announced. And I thought it is customary to make the announcement in early March.

IMO anyone they get now is scraping the bottom of the barrel. The man will likely be after fame and fortune and if that's the case why bother????

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Here's what I think: They had all their eggs in Cam's basket and he pulled out at the last minute throwing everything into chaos. IMO they are scrambling to find a replacement and justify to the big wigs that the show can go on without him.

Sportsbet have odds for the viewing numbers of Bachelorette premiere already, but the odds for Bach premiere were removed around the same time Cam implied he wouldn't be doing the show.  Sportsbet know the show may not progress, IMO.

Now here's what I think might happen: If they can't get Cam, but the show does go ahead, IMO they will go for someone who they can control/manipulate.  Someone who is fame hungry but not savvy enough to know their own rights.

They would already have cast the girls, who they will be banking on to provide the main "entertainment", so all they need is a Lead who will follow orders and kiss/dump whoever they tell him to and basically just be a big ol meat puppet.

Therefore I don't think we'll see a celebrity or anyone with brand to protect.  IMO it's too late in the game to court and pander to someone known/decent.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete unknown, or worse, a D-lister like the MAFS dude.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:56 pm

@Bobette I agree with your way of thinking yes And how interesting Sportsbet have removed the betting for the Bach premier. I am still of the mind Channel 10 might go with BIP instead of the Bachelor. IMO I have to wonder if Australia can sustain a Bachelor every year?

My only different thought is if 10 are scrambling to find someone they will dangle the 'fame' carrot. And all they need is an 'actor' to play a part. Forget love. IMO Sophie's season was the biggest farce in the history of the Australian franchise so the precedent has been set.

I wouldn't put it past them to get the loser from MAFS - he seems to fit the bill.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:48 pm

Storybook wrote:I wouldn't put it past them to get the loser from MAFS - he seems to fit the bill.

He does, doesn't he?  The jilted "good guy" husband genuinely looking for love.  

The two things IMO working against him are the fact that he's from another network (they couldn't really fill people in on his background without mentioning - and therefore essentially promoting - a rival show), and the fact that his TV persona has already been crafted as a "victim".  

I stopped watching MAFS after the first couple of episodes but in the beginning he was shown to be passive and a bit clueless - working out instead of giving his "wife" the attention she thought she deserved.  He also came across as too much of a larrikin/scruffy tradie IMO.

I just don't think he has been presented as desirable enough or "worth fighting over".  He's not polished enough and not enough of a catch.  IMO that's why they so often go for returnees from their own franchise - because they've been controlling/crafting how someone comes across from their first appearance.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:21 am

Again I couldn't agree more @Bobette He might fit the bill as far as being malleable, he has baggage that isn't attractive, well at least not to me. And even though Sophie jumped ship I don't think he has the same drawing power as she has Rolling Eyes

At this stage I'm thinking a complete unknown won't work either. The best hope for RATINGS is to go with an ex-contestant or high profile name. Ex-contestants are slim pickings after BIP snared them. And a profile bachelor would be too demanding and too expensive IMO.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:00 am

You're absolutely right @Storybook about the ex-contestants already being taken by BiP and none of those were Lead material anyway IMO. And I also do not find MAFS Ryan attractive at all.

The best case scenario is probably if they have some fantastic unknown on the back burner. Maybe someone from a previous season who applied but didn't proceed for whatever reason.

Part of me wonders if they're going to skip this season entirely and go straight to BiP, followed by some kind of cringeworthy televised wedding between Keira and Jarrod or something.

But then that would leave them without a pool of rejects to draw from for the next season of BiP. I think they need to put some kind of season together for that reason if nothing else.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:29 am

Bobette wrote:You're absolutely right @Storybook about the ex-contestants already being taken by BiP and none of those were Lead material anyway IMO.  And I also do not find MAFS Ryan attractive at all.

The best case scenario is probably if they have some fantastic unknown on the back burner.  Maybe someone from a previous season who applied but didn't proceed for whatever reason.

Part of me wonders if they're going to skip this season entirely and go straight to BiP, followed by some kind of cringeworthy televised wedding between Keira and Jarrod or something.  

But then that would leave them without a pool of rejects to draw from for the next season of BiP.  I think they need to put some kind of season together for that reason if nothing else.

The bolded is where things become tricky. The USA has 323 million population (at last count). Say half of these are females, that leaves 161 million and say half of these are children that leaves 80 million in the male gene pool, including those too old.

Australia has 24 million and by the same process of elimination we have six million in the male gene pool On that statistic alone IMO there is no way Australia can support a bachelor every year before it 'peters out'. And the men in Sohpie's season are hardly my idea of possible Bach leads. And if this is the best Channel 10 could find then there a question mark over future series of BIP. T my mind BIP is looking as if will be a 'one hit wonder' ??

If there is some unknown they are lining up then there are no rumours at all and usually the gossip mags are all over it.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:35 pm

What about James? Is it James from Sophie's season? I don't think he is on BIP and while not the most exciting he is the right age and had a good edit Sophie's season.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 77 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 49 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
Loulou
Katiebelle
ThankMeLater
Idlemess
Norcalgal