SELECT CONTENT

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

Post by Newto Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:36 pm

I never expected this to last.  JMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Yeah I never fully believed it to be real so I never thought it would last either. I thought Soph and Stu were both doing what they could to make it seem like it was real. I think those in media saying it was a showmance were in the know and knew it all along and Sophie did it to revive her career - especially given she was broke. All this has shown me is that Sophie knows what she is doing imo and knows how to work the audience to her advantage and get them on her side. Her whole post when she started was about the audience having her back and then at the end of it all she's able to make it about the audience again and how they feel about her so they feel sorry for her and praise her and have her back. She's super smart imo but at no point do I believe she was ever serious about this or finding someone and the cast was such for a reason to ensure that she didn't have to imo and TPTB were in on it too. Doesn't mean I dislike her at all. I give her props. She did what she had to do to get what she wanted laugh out loud jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:02 pm

She was a terrible bachelorette. I hope they learn from this. JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:14 pm

I doubt TPTB care or are unhappy considering Sophie had the highest rated season, including the Bach AU seasons. That's unheard of even for the US shows for a Bette season to have higher ratings than a Bach season. 

Sophie was cast just for this reason imo because she was a celebrity and TPTB knew this and imo didn't care at all if she and her F1 lasted and imo cast so that she wouldn't have to have it last. 

The whole season felt like it was acting and especially the intruder thing with still-married-Stu felt scripted from the getgo imo and a setup so they could break up later on and it would be no big deal since after all, she chose someone that was still married (biggest red-flag ever imo). 

TPTB got what they wanted with high ratings; Sophie got what she wanted with reviving her career and TV hosting gig. Win-win for them both  Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 7 4256136633 jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 pm

I am struggling to find words that don't sound gloating so I'll just say it. ''I knew it wouldn't last'.

I agree with Diana. Sophie was a terrible Bachelorette. But she was brilliant at reviving her career. Full marks to her for that. And as AAL has said, Sophie is still making sure she is adored by the public. Playing the ''Poor me'' card for the world to see isn't a life I would want. But Sophie thrives on it,

Their breakup' (IMO never a true relationship) shows me how farcical this show is. TPTB love ratings and IMO that's the show in a nutshell.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Storybook wrote:I am struggling to find words that don't sound gloating so I'll just say it. ''I knew it wouldn't last'.

I agree with Diana. Sophie was a terrible Bachelorette. But she was brilliant at reviving her career. Full marks to her for that. And as AAL has said, Sophie is still making sure she is adored by the public. Playing the ''Poor me'' card for the world to see isn't a life I would want. But Sophie thrives on it,

Their breakup' (IMO never a true relationship) shows me how farcical this show is. TPTB love ratings and IMO that's the show in a nutshell.

I never expected it to last, but then I rarely do. 

I actually enjoyed her as the Bette. I didn't know anything about her beforehand so maybe my expectations were different. I thought she was funny and down to earth. I didn't necessarily think it would last since the guy was still married, but whatever. I think most of these people are doing the show for the money and the exposure, so why should it bother me if she did it to revive her career. She entertained me and I had some nice eye candy so I was good.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 pm

All I know is Sophie should sell her playbook to other leads and they should follow it to the T Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 7 4256136633  Because that is what I see it as - a playbook on how to be the lead and get the audience to have your back. 

I mean, it's really brilliant when I think about it: reach out to followers and say "please have my back" then downplay everything you do and be "aw shucks I suck at this and just trying my darnedest" and then when giving the breakup statement make sure to address the audience and be like "I tried my darnedest, it didn't work, but all I hope is that I didn't disappoint you all" to cue the "you are amazing, we have your back" responses from her SM followers. I mean it's brilliant. 

Well played, Sophie. Well played  :claphands  jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:09 pm

All I want to know is if Sophie ever met Stu's 4 daughters?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:11 pm

@AllAboutLove Perfectly said AAL.  thumbsup

I know I'm in the minority in not 'having Sophie's back'. But I value sincerity above most things. Sophie was totally insincere in saying she wanted a down-to-earth Aussie bloke, who she could settle down with and have a family. Apart from Royality, Stu was the furthest thing from this description imo. Sophie acted her way through the Bachelorette and she is still acting imo. I have to wonder if she knows who the real Sophie is?

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Norcalgal wrote:All I want to know is if Sophie ever met Stu's 4 daughters?

The media have followed Sophie like a Hawk. Nothing was reported that she'd met the four daughters before she went to the US ski fields for Christmas. So my answer to your question would be no, she hasn't.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

+12
iamreal2u
Enough
Sprite
stoneleigh
AEF