SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorabc - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:58 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
Stone_Hedge wrote:@Lucas15 I get what you are saying and it is intriguing to say the least. As with others it would upset me if Lauren was in on this and I do have my suspicions because there are loose ends. If true that Arie didn’t handle things right with Becca and was cold etc...
It was because he wanted out of there with as little drama for him to get to Lauren imo. We shall see how this all unfolds. If not now , things will come out later.
Jmo

I don't think that Lauren was "in on it". I do think she was aware of it, and perhaps wanted it to happen - perhaps wanted it to happen very badly - but I don't think she did anything other than wait for Arie to clean up the mess he made and be there once he was done with that. I have some thoughts on the part of this which involves Arie and Becca but I'll save that for a bit later.
IF Arie had planned in advance to pick Becca and then switch, and Lauren was aware of it, that makes her a pretty crappy person too in my eyes. Why would you ever want to be with someone who would do something so cruel and calculated, unless you're also cruel and calculated yourself? JMO.

Back to top Go down

bachelorabc - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by littlereddress Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Lucas15 wrote:I have a lot of thoughts on Kolormiblnd's post on the F1-F2 Switch-A-Roo thread and here's one or two for starters:

Kolormiblnd wrote:snip
Him telling Lauren that this is going to get worse before it gets better is reinforcement for me.
I believe he told her in FS how this was going to go down and she told him that to be with him in the end she would play ball - Ergo fast forward the reason she was in Virginia after the filming, not looking for work or living in her own apartmment. Waiting in the wings for the sh**storm to begin!! (A lot of things make sense to me now, right after filming watching the footprints of instagram, I cannot put my finger on it but I kept feeling that Lauren was behaving more like the real F1 than Becca)
snip

There's more than just Arie's "telling" comment that it will get harder before it gets easier. Before the FS night, Lauren was saying things like this:

I'm scared to have my heart broken but that stems from me being afraid to lose you. ... I do see a future with you but it's hard for me to be hopeful about it.

But the next morning she was saying this:

Our relationship is so much further along after our night of conversations. ... I think you're really good about putting my mind at ease. ... My concerns about everything I was worried about yesterday have subsided. ... I'm so happy we got to talk about a lot of things I needed to get off my chest.

That's quite a big left turn from the night before to the morning after - especially from someone who has been fearful and scared for weeks. What in the world could Arie have told her that would make her change her confidence level? IMO he told her what was going to happen - that he was going to have to pick Becca at the FRC (thus the reason things would get harder) but would break it off and come back for her (thus how they would get easier). The liking of two IG posts from Lauren was something subtle but IMO meaningful to Lauren - a reminder that he was still "on track". This was IMO confirmed on the Jan 1 conversation Arie had with Lauren. IMO Lauren was posting like the real F1 because she knew that was coming - this was all a couple of weeks of "unknown" to get past on the way to what she wanted.

Kolormiblnd wrote:snip
I also don't buy the fact that Lauren took him back right away without rancor - doesn't jive with me, especially for a woman who had that much insecurity throughout the season and was rejected on national television - the stuff of nightmares. Not making him sweat a little? It just looks like she made the reunion too easy for Arie unless she knew before hand that it was going to go down like this.
snip

And that's another "tell" IMO. IMO unless Lauren knew ahead of time that it was going to go like this I don't think she would have been willing to even talk to Arie let alone start dating him and apparently (based on the latest news) accept a marriage proposal from him weeks later. I think she would have retreated back into her protective shell and turned off every emotion she could possibly turn off. But she didn't do that. Furthermore, unless Lauren told her family what was really going on her father would have been looking to effing kill Arie before he made it one step inside the front door - but that apparently didn't happen either (or we'd be talking about the first Bachelor funeral).

The simplest assumption I can make as to why all these things happened is that Lauren knew the story board because Arie told her on the FD.

Word.  No proof and only speculation but it just seems like Arie told Lauren in the FSD what was going to happen and give her reassurance.  There was a story board that he had to adhere to.  IMO. Especially when I read the excerpt from the the Bachelor book that is coming out saying once you sign the contract you have no control over how the show will be presented.

Last edited by littlereddress on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 pm

And I also don't buy that this was the "storyboard" and he was "forced" to do it. To me, that's a narrative which absolves Arie of blame and pins it entirely on the producers, which is tiring. He should be held accountable for his own actions and decisions. Can producers try and prod you in a certain direction? Sure. But even if the switch was "planned" and producers came up with the idea, Arie could've said no. IF that's what happened, and he agreed to do it, then he valued his own notoriety over the feelings of a completely innocent woman. And that makes him an even sh!ttier person than if he'd just picked Becca, realised he wanted Lauren afterwards, and handled it as insensitively and callously as possible (IMO). At some point, I have to stop looking for someone else to blame and realise that this is on Arie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 pm

If this really was scripted, this has been the most effort put in for the least amount of payoff. Ratings are the worst they've ever been! Which is why I suspect this is actually just Arie being an idiot, instead of this elaborate conspiracy theory. It would have been easier to get those ratings by just offering Peter a bit more money and allowing him not to propose at the end. Two engagements within a 3 hour show is going to look much more humiliating for the show than a Juan Pablo repeat would have. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Yes, I also know that could very well be that Arie had complete control of the situation and made a mess by choosing Becca and then Lauren, all of his own doing. And he if he was strong armed to choose Becca when he wanted Lauren he could have said no and went with Lauren. And that he is just a douche. A confused douche but a douche. IMO.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 pm

What Arie chooses to do is on him. Same as for any other lead. If Arie chose to be a puppet for TPTB then that's even worse. jmo

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Just a question, since I've never watched JPG's season ... is the only reason he is branded as the worst TB because he didn't say ILY to his F1 at the FRC and didn't propose? - Because if so, that must be the best finale ever.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:49 pm

happygolucky wrote:Just a question, since I've never watched JPG's season ... is the only reason he is branded as the worst TB because he didn't say ILY to his F1 at the FRC and didn't propose? - Because if so, that must be the best finale ever.

I can only speak for myself but it wasn’t the proposal refusal I took issue with. It was his words and actions towards the women on his season and then some additional derogatory comments he made after the season that completely turned me off him.

bachelorabc - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 12 87b72b10 bachelorabc - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 12 86669110 bachelorabc - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 12 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

@umngirl thank you for the answer. Got it ... respect first, IA.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 pm

littlereddress wrote:Word.  No proof and only speculation but it just seems like Arie told Lauren in the FSD what was going to happen and give her reassurance.  There was a story board that he had to adhere to.  IMO.  Especially when I read the excerpt from the the Bachelor book that is coming out saying once you sign the contract you have no control over how the show will be presented.  

Contractually IMO this is very true. The thing that opened my eyes wide was an interview with Sarah Gertrude Shapiro - co-creator of UnReal. In that she said, among other things:

Reality TV is so close to scripted TV at this point. It takes a really sophisticated set of skills to be able to manipulate those emotions out of people -- and viewers are so keen to phoniness. A lot of the producers who make reality TV are really, really smart. They're performing like CIA-level interrogations.

you truly cannot know what you're signing up for. You can't understand the power of editing. There are a lot of really smart people making these shows. It's a chess game you can't win. There have been some people on reality TV who have totally worked the system, like the Kardashians, who have final cut on their show because they're producers. But on "The Bachelor," you can't anticipate what you're going to feel like when you have no phone, no Internet, no computer, no books, no radio, can't control over your food and there's a ton of alcohol. It's pretty hard to keep control.
source

Since Shapiro was a producer on The Bachelor for 9 seasons IMO she knows what she's talking about.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Maybe Airy should have talked to Jason for advice, pre-filming, instead of Sean. giggling

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Speaking of Sean, doesn't he usually live tweet the shows? Did he do that this season?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+33
AllAboutLove
northernviewer
alwaystulips
Minney
Ash2214