SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Sprite wrote:
Bobette wrote:If there isn't any truth to the cheating rumours, why hasn't Ali denied it, despite give the opportunity to publicly do so many times?  If it's not true, why did Keira feel the need to make a up the threesome lie to "protect" her?  I believe it happened, and I don't think Ali is deserving of the Lead role.  IMO TPTB only stuck with her because they know she'll be easy to manipulate.

I totally agree and I think by the time they found out about all of it, it was too late in the game to back out. Not to mention contracts had been signed. Personally, I think she should have excused herself, but she seems desperate to be the lead. Good luck with that since any publicity I have seen about her season seems to brings up the cheating in some way....including apparently during the season by her own suitors. And I won't even go into how much the stylist seems to hate her! rofl

Yep, and I think this "leak" about her chucking someone out for gossiping is TPTB's attempt at doing damage control.  It will be interesting to see how it's presented on the show.  I expect someone would have scripted something for Ali to say to make herself look better.  She certainly hasn't done a good job of defending herself so far IMO.  It's not even a case of "he said/she said" it's more like "he said/she doesn't deny it just pretends like nothing ever happened and dodges all questions about it".
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:11 am

I think she wasn't allowed to say anything at the time. From what she did imply though FWIR it didn't happen. I think TPTB wanted her to not give an official statement purely to use it to get interest for her season. It's working even if people say negative things they're talking about it. It's always been said the worst thing that can happen is apathy, rather people hate watching/talking than nothing. I fully expect that Ali will make it clear on the show itself. And if/when that happens, it will confirm for me that TPTB wanted it to be on the show that she does so. From watching Osher's response that's exactly what I think will be happening.

The bottom line is, until there is proof of anything, I won't be judging her as if it is fact.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:43 am

When the 'cheating' scandal broke, fuelled by the false reports from Kiera, it was said Ali couldn't handle her drink. If she was drunk when she was found in a compromising situation then Ali probably doesn't remember anything. So IMO in Ali's mind, if she can't remember then it didn't happen. As has been said before by Bobette and myself, no one likes a cheater. The media continually bring up Ali's cheating and if she eventually makes a rebuttal statement on the show, I for one won't believe a word she says.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Storybook wrote:When the  'cheating' scandal broke, fuelled by the false reports from Kiera, it was said Ali couldn't handle her drink. If she was drunk when she was found in a compromising situation then Ali probably doesn't remember anything. So IMO in Ali's mind, if she can't remember then it didn't happen. As has been said before by Bobette and myself, no one likes a cheater. The media continually bring up Ali's cheating and if she eventually makes a rebuttal statement on the show, I for one won't believe a word she says.

Yes I heard those rumours too.  It's also significant IMO that several of her BiPAU cast-mates came out to say they didn't think she was a good choice, that she's boring, that they show made it out to look as if all the guys were after her when in fact they weren't. These are people who actually know her and lived with her in the island for weeks.

It's not just the cheating thing that makes me think she wasn't a good choice for lead, it's mainly that she just doesn't have the "it" factor other leads have had, IMO.  I've said before that I think a Lead should be someone usually out of the guys' league, someone they'd never meet any other way.  Ali is just another ex-Bach D-grade Instagram shiller, IMO.

And if social media comments are anything to go by, I'm not the only one who doesn't think she'll be up to the task. Anyway, it's a bummer the media seem to have completely forgotten about her during the Bach premiere week.  I want to see some fresh pics to see which guys are left and see if we can work out who was sent home for "gossiping".

Definitely still looking forward to her season since sleuthing is fun no matter what, and her guys are easy on the eyes IMO which always helps laugh out loud  I'm just hoping she doesn't pick anyone I like.  Whoever she picks I can't see the relationship lasting unless he's a similar character to her but always happy to be proven wrong so interested to see this play out.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:11 am

From reading posts I was under the impression there was no statement made by Network Ten so I checked and they made a statement and stated false rumours so that to me is them saying it's not true.

It also confirms to me that Ali was not able to say something while under contract but I could see it playing out on the season where she says something and so I will wait for that to tie into Ten's statement.

Tbh though I don't really get the big backlash as I don't see Grant and Ali as having a real relationship anyway and at worst, if there is even a sliver or some truth I'd think both of them weren't in a committed relationship to each other.

I'll wait to see what plays out but I'm not going to feather and tar her for rumours especially by someone like Grant.

CHANNEL 10’s defending new Bachelorette Ali Oetjen against damaging claims she cheated on her Bachelor in Paradise beau Grant Kemp, describing the allegations as “false and misleading”.

"[There's] two sides to the story of why they broke up. However, this is a private matter and Ali will not be commenting on the misleading claims being made by other parties or the false rumours that are being spread."
by Network Ten to the Daily Telegraph source
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:From reading posts I was under the impression there was no statement made by Network Ten so I checked and they made a statement and stated false rumours so that to me is them saying it's not true.

It also confirms to me that Ali was not able to say something while under contract but I could see it playing out on the season where she says something and so I will wait for that to tie into Ten's statement.

Tbh though I don't really get the big backlash as I don't see Grant and Ali as having a real relationship anyway and at worst, if there is even a sliver or some truth I'd think both of them weren't in a committed relationship to each other.

I'll wait to see what plays out but I'm not going to feather and tar her for rumours especially by someone like Grant.

CHANNEL 10’s defending new Bachelorette Ali Oetjen against damaging claims she cheated on her Bachelor in Paradise beau Grant Kemp, describing the allegations as “false and misleading”.

"[There's] two sides to the story of why they broke up. However, this is a private matter and Ali will not be commenting on the misleading claims being made by other parties or the false rumours that are being spread."
by Network Ten to the Daily Telegraph source

When did that come out? Was that before one of the ladies (Kiera) admitted that she had lied about Grant asking for a threesome? She had made it up to protect Ali?

I am not going to tar and feather Ali, but to me it all just smells funky. Not a fan of Grant, but in this case there just seems to be something going on. What is the network going to do other than to deny? "Yes, we cast a cheater for the next Bachelorette! You're going to love her!!!" The fact that their denial has been so muted and media outlets mention it all the time just makes me inclined to believe it.

It won't surprise me if it is bought up on the show...and she will deny it. Again, what else can she say? I'll be curious to see how she handles it post show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Exactly @Sprite - of course they're going to defend Ali!  Just like they edited BiP to make it look like she was popular.  And they edited the whole "fake love letter" incident to make it look like Tara and Sam weren't involved because they were the sweethearts of the season.  These people are their bread and butter.  

From the same article:

“I stand by what I said and I would never make a claim like that if I didn’t have a way to prove that it happened. I have a witness that walked into my house with me and saw what happened as well,” Grant tells Confidential exclusively.

“I have to stand up for myself when people are attacking me for a situation that’s been misconstrued by her to cover up what actually happened.”

So there is proof.  He has a witness.

Also, this: "misleading claims being made by other parties or the false rumours that are being spread" could be nothing more than clever legal wordplay.  They never actually say "misleading claims being made by Grant".  They could in fact be saying she won't be responding to the false and misleading rumours being spread by KEIRA.  The quote by channel 10 was made before Keira admitted she made the whole thing up.  

I haven't heard them defending her since.

'It did happen. It doesn't matter what Network Ten wants to say!' Grant Kemp claims to have 'legitimate proof' Ali Oetjen cheated on him as he vows legal action against Keira Maguire for spreading the false threesome rumour

On Wednesday, a clearly frustrated Grant let Keira, Network Ten and other Australian media outlets know he is very serious about pursuing legal action after 'false and damaging' claims were made against him.

The 30-year-old called in to The Kyle & Jackie O Show to criticise all three parties for their alleged role in spreading the untrue rumour that his ex-girlfriend, future Bachelorette Ali Oetjen, had dumped him after he suggested a threesome.

Grant's renewed interest in the subject came after Keira admitted to starting the fake threesome rumour during an interview with the same radio show earlier this week.

Grant confirmed what Keira had already revealed: that the story about Ali leaving him because he wanted her to participate in a threesome was a 'pre-emptive strike' designed to hurt his credibility before he levelled cheating allegations against her.

Source

No reason for Keira to lie unless the cheating allegations against Ali are true, IMO.

And yes I have no doubt it will be brought up on the show because by then they will have had time to script something for her to say to make herself look better.  Some poor bloke is probably going to be a sacrificial lamb (I can see a producer encouraging them to start discussing it, only to then be promptly ousted).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:24 am

THOUGHTS PLEASE

Bobette wrote:I think someone at Sportsbet just had a seizure.  Odds posted for Bachelorette Lead 2018 and Ali's not even on the list.  cantstopl  

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 44 WozGZ8n

Source

Much as I'd like to think they've chucked her out on her pert rear, I think they might have meant 2019.  Who's Ashley Irvin??

ETA:  Oh I just Googled her.  Please no.  If I was a betting woman my money would still be on Brooke from Nick's season.

ETA2:  Just spotted the "bets void if Ali is the Bachelorette".  What the heck is going on here?  Most redundant market ever?  

Or... do they KNOW something????? We haven't had any pap shots since she had that meltdown about the cheating gossip, so...  

ETA 3:  OMG

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 44 NPH06tS

2pop 2pop 2pop
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:38 am

I hope she quit and the season cancelled :uptonogood and they start the next bachelorette season with nicks f2 or f3...maybe sooner than later?? laugh out loud
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:44 am

For some reason I just think The Bachelorette will be can. Only my opinion. I think the whole show is a mess.

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:47 am

LeapofFaith wrote:I hope she quit and the season cancelled :uptonogood and they start the next bachelorette season with nicks f2 or f3...maybe sooner than later?? laugh out loud

Maybe that's why Brooke was pictured looking so chipper this morning????  

Wouldn't surprise me at all if she's quit.  She clearly isn't emotionally stable IMO - some deep rooted self esteem issues if you ask me.  The last news we heard was about her "having a meltdown" (Daily Mail's exact words, until they edited the headline).  

That was what one... two weeks ago?  And absolutely nothing since.  I thought they didn't want to distract from Nick's premiere but those odds are really interesting.  What would they do?  Super fast reshoot in half the time?  This is so juicy.

Yo Daily Mail, make yourselves useful and find out the goss for us will you??? Hugesmile
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 am

WT actual F am I reading here? Surely they’re too far in to can her now? This is just Sportsbet trying to get money for free because anyone who bets on it loses if Ali stays as Bette.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+27
limoncello
AEF
spangler
Agent99
Storybook
stuckinsc
Enough
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
Linds911
Idlemess