SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 12 of 48 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:51 pm

BKay wrote:It doesn't look to me as though Arie has gotten a pass - from the majority of posts he is getting a good lashing. I don't know him or what really happened in his past or up to the switch, so my only reason for putting up a defense for him is to bring balance to all the hate he is getting. I'm not a big fan of his or any of the contestants though. Just here for the intrigue.

eta: I wonder if Lauren would be the fan favorite though if she had been the spoiled F1...

Exactly. If Lauren had been spoiled as F1, it would have worked exactly the same way. She would have been the fan favourite and there would be a clamour to have her as the next Bette.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Remember all the negativity Jordan got during JoJo's season? He's a player. He's on a dating app. He dumped his girlfriend to come on the show. I won't even get started on his edit. He will dump JoJo 6 months down the road. They will never last...and yet, they are still going strong.

Lauren and Arie will have to endure some harsh comments once the season is over. I just hope it brings them together and doesn't tear them apart.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 pm

I really think if he chose Lauren first, there wouldn’t have been a switch. For one, I don’t think Becca would have gone for it. That’s just my opinion. I think Lauren is the one he did lust after. She is his Emily in his mind. I agree with @sprite and others that say the ex coming back for Becca messed with Arie’s weak mind . He was there in Peru for a reason . I can’t seem to get behind Lauren , not sure if it’s because she reminds me of another Lauren B. scratch amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:12 pm

@Mommyof2 lets be real though, Arie is almost 40 years old versus Jordan at 26 while on the show. Arie has had more women and accusations come out against him than Jordan ever did.

Arie deserves the black lash he’s getting in regards to his reputation. I have no issue with that. There are men from this franchise who were crucified for much less. I do think it’s time for Arie to grow up. I personally am just not outraged by the switch. To me, it’s clear that he wanted to shed his bad boy image, thought Becca was the “logical” choice and he cared for her, but realized he couldn’t fake it with her in the real world and he was still lusting after Lauren. It sucks for the women involved, but it is what it is. It’s a television show. Either Arie will grow up and work hard at his relationship with Lauren or he won’t. All JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Ash2214 wrote:@Mommyof2 lets be real though, Arie is almost 40 years old versus Jordan at 26 while on the show. Arie has had more women and accusations come out against him than Jordan ever did.

Arie deserves the black lash he’s getting in regards to his reputation. I have no issue with that. There are men from this franchise who were crucified for much less. I do think it’s time for Arie to grow up. I personally am just not outraged by the switch. To me, it’s clear that he wanted to shed his bad boy image, thought Becca was the “logical” choice and he cared for her, but realized he couldn’t fake it with her in the real world and he was still lusting after Lauren. It sucks for the women involved, but it is what it is. It’s a television show. Either Arie will grow up and work hard at his relationship with Lauren or he won’t. All JMO

I'm not outraged by the switch either. I could care less. I agree Jordan is a lot younger and without the years of baggage that Arie has. IMO the switch happens because he is "lusting"...as apparently he does pretty often. My only question is how quickly he will be lusting again?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Ash2214 wrote:@Mommyof2 lets be real though, Arie is almost 40 years old versus Jordan at 26 while on the show. Arie has had more women and accusations come out against him than Jordan ever did.

Yes, there is a vast age difference, but my point is that Jordan had so much negativity following him the entire season and to this day he still is in a committed relationship. The bottom line is no one knows what Arie is thinking or feeling at this point. Will he go back to his womanizing ways? Will he try to be in a committed relationship? Nobody knows. I'm going to hope for the best for him and Lauren...and Becca.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Arie is growing on me, mainly from his post-show interviews.  He is very articulate and personable.  There, I said it.  laugh out loud

His style of kissing drives me crazy though.  It looks like it's in slow mo.  Jmho.  

He needs lots of interviews being articulate and personable before all hell breaks loose at ATFR. We will see this beautiful loving proposal at the finale and 5 minutes later there will be a heartbreaking break up. I’m not sure if being articulate will ease the pain of him dumping Becca. It will be interesting to see how TPTB edit this mess.

Last edited by Rolly on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Arie might know how to talk the talk. What will be interesting is, can he walk the walk. Lauren has an advantage in that her dad promised do bodily harm to Arie if he messes things up for her. Not sure a dad has ever put Arie on notice like that giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm still confused why Becca was the logical choice. It would make sense to me if Bekah was the girl he switched for, but he switched for Lauren B, a sweet, quiet, Christian girl. Like, who would have had an issue if he had just originally picked her? And he clearly doesn't seem to give an ish about his image if he was publicly liking Lauren's IG pics while he was engaged, when he could be like every other guy who's creeped on an ex and just done it privately. I think this is just Arie being indecisive and always thinking the grass is greener somewhere else. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Aria wrote:I'm still confused why Becca was the logical choice. It would make sense to me if Bekah was the girl he switched for, but he switched for Lauren B, a sweet, quiet, Christian girl. Like, who would have had an issue if he had just originally picked her? And he clearly doesn't seem to give an ish about his image if he was publicly liking Lauren's IG pics while he was engaged, when he could be like every other guy who's creeped on an ex and just done it privately. I think this is just Arie being indecisive and always thinking the grass is greener somewhere else.  IMO.

I think Becca comes across as mature, sweet, and ready to settle down. I think Arie probably admired her and cared for her. She doesn’t really seem like the type of girl he’d normally go for, so I think he might have found that intriguing. I thought it was interesting that he also referenced on Jimmy Kimmel that he took his family's opinion into account when making his final choice as well. It seems like they might have preferred Becca.

With the little that we’ve seen, I’ve seen Arie be very sweet with Lauren. Rachel mentioned it in her blog, but Arie even kisses Lauren more tenderly than he does with the other girls. He just seems more sweet and patient with her. There’s clearly some sort of connection there. I think he was very obviously into Bekah M, but the show continued after he let her go. His relationships with Becca and Lauren continued and perhaps he realized it was just physical with Bekah M.

I don’t know, it’s just my opinion, but I get it.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Rolly wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Arie is growing on me, mainly from his post-show interviews.  He is very articulate and personable.  There, I said it.  laugh out loud

His style of kissing drives me crazy though.  It looks like it's in slow mo.  Jmho.  

He needs lots of interviews being articulate and personable before all hell breaks loose at ATFR. We will see this beautiful loving proposal at the finale and 5 minutes later there will be a heartbreaking break up. I’m not sure if being articulate will ease the pain of him dumping Becca. It will be interesting to see how TPTB edit this mess.

The fact that Arie is so personable and charming is part of his problem. People seem much more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and as a result he gets away with a lot of stuff that other less charming types couldn't. Since he doesn't get called on it, no need to examine his behaviour and alter his modus operandi. That may be about to change. 

I have no doubt that TPTB will throw him under the bus....if they aren't doing it subtly already. Not that I wish them on anyone, but really he has no one but himself to blame. I think it may be time for a huge wake up call for those pillow lips.  :uptonogood

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:15 pm

^ That's eerily similar to how I would describe Peter. Maybe TPTB do look for a certain "type".

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 48 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+53
timfan
Newto
LeapofFaith
Luvstruck
justcallmegranny