SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 Empty Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 am

Previous thread here

Bobette wrote:I think Jordan would take to BiP like a duck to water - the trashy atmosphere would suit him, IMO.  What I don't look forward to is potentially having to listen to the whole "coin flip justification" spiel all over again for the non-WG audience, or the thought of him exercising poor judgment and ending up in an even worse position than he was in after Bach NZ.  I'd like to see him happy though so worth giving him a shot IMO.

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette that's my concern that BIP is way more trashy and I don't think all the drinking would help either (even though they've tried to limit it). I think WG much more suited Jordan. If he finds lasting love with one of the contestants that's great but I don't pretend to think that twu love is why Jordan is going back for round 3 on Bach related TV laugh out loud

cantstopl On that we can agree, for sure.  yes

AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette  Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 3806527698  Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 1377737533 I borrowed that phrase from @bluwavz (she gets the credit  Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 4256136633 yes)

bluwavz wrote:@AllAboutLove twu wuv 4eva  Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 1f601

Bobette wrote:Never have nine letters and a number conveyed meaning so perfectly.  Added to my vocabulary - thanks @bluwavz

AllAboutLove wrote:
bluwavz wrote:@AllAboutLove twu wuv 4eva  Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 1f601
laugh out loud The best phrase that sums up so much of this show imo :yes:

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by notarose Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:56 am

I have an off the wall theory that whoever left WG without their coat is on the shortlist for BIP rofl 
Did anyone notice which peeps were coatless?

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:57 am

@notarose  laugh out loud good theory! I believe Yuki was coatless? Mills has said she is invited back to BIP.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:02 am

Definitely YUKI! She had some loosely woven cropped jumper thing that hung off one shoulder. I almost got frostbite just watching her.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:11 am

TBH I wasn't that cool with how TPTB made Yuki into a caricature imo. I hope they do better if she goes on BIP and cast contestants for a possible match so she's not relegated to comedic relief for this show. Feels a bit exploitative imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:15 am

Totally agree @AllAboutLove although I think she has largely cultured that character herself and is far more canny than people might realise.  

Benoit was coatless but presumably off the market....

Source

I seem to remember Tiffany was coatless too?  Can't see them inviting her back though - she was pretty boring IMO on Richie's season and hardly any airtime in WG. I personally think she's too sensitive for this franchise and has some self esteem issues which would only be exacerbated by going on BiP.

I think a lot of the girls went out in skimpy clothing - can't recall exactly or be bothered going back through the vids but I do like the theory!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:32 am

It's weird, I almost felt like Yuki was being slightly racist herself or stereotyping her own culture.  I do believe she was cast to play a role and played it well including the Ben best buddy routine.

Last edited by Bobette on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:33 am

Clare and Christian were both cost less as well.

ETA: I thought Yuki could understand a lot more English than they showed, she also learned to speak quite a bit quickly too.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:59 am

Ok.
Too many coatless people some of whom couldn’t be on BIP - like Clare and Benoit. 

About Yuki -  US Bach draws a lot of big personalities but there are a limited amount of people that are the Center of attention type in real life social circles. My guess is she stood out on the Bach Japan so she was wanted for WG not because she is typical but because she is good tv. 
The Ben/Yuki relationship had a fatherly vibe to me which is weird because the age difference is less than Courtney and Lily.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:39 am

New official YT channel Bachelor World  (associated with Bachelor Insider)

I’m liking what they’re doing with this - yay for international Bach content Smiley

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:09 am

Nice find, @TheWrongReasons!

Now all we need is a dedicated 24/7 Bach International streaming site which isn't geoblocked or a virus-ridden cesspool.  Make it a subscription site if you like.  I'd pay good money to watch some of these foreign studs (except Jordan - sorry mate).  laugh out loud

Source

Source

ETA:
AllAboutLove wrote:TBH I wasn't that cool with how TPTB made Yuki into a caricature imo. I hope they do better if she goes on BIP and cast contestants for a possible match so she's not relegated to comedic relief for this show. Feels a bit exploitative imo.

Found this clip on the site posted by @TheWrongReasons above.  Yuki comes across as quite sophisticated here, IMO. 

Source

An interesting contrast to how she came across on WG IMO, not just the edited show but also post-show interviews e.g.:

Source

I personally don't feel Yuki's being exploited; I suspect she chose to present herself differently for the international audience.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am

I might be in the minority in this, but I don't find Yuki all that interesting. I've spent some time in Japan and I guess TPTB and Yuki herself decided to portay her in such a stereotypical way. But it's not something that would keep me glued to the TV, so can live without her in BIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

+4
Bobette
AllAboutLove
notarose
GuardianAngel
8 posters