SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by North Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:33 am

I know many folks see "Let's do the damn thing" as Becca's Bachelorette theme but IMO it is too clunky and long. Since she's being labeled the "Safe Choice" -- maybe her theme could be "Safe, my @$$" and the entire season morphs into a combination of American Ninja Warrior, Fear Factor, and Amazing Race (maybe a little Jeopardy too!). I can't remember the last time I saw a bungee jump, cave dive, or steep rappel and Rachel's spelling bee doesn't count as a serious intellectual endeavor.

All in my wishful dreaming...

North

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LiboLRC Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:23 am

Although I'd prefer someone else, I think it will be Becca, but you know what a man can dream lets do Courtney Robertson!!

LiboLRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:07 am

IMO Becca is the first choice and the only way it will not be her is if she got smart enough to turn them down. IMO Becca was their first choice and groomed protege when they cast Arie's season.

Becca is very relatable to some key show demographics. I think she has a nurturing soul and was there for her family through her father's illness and ultimate passing and her mother's battle with cancer. These are things which sadly touch many of us and we can relate and admire her for giving of her own life to support her family through hard times. It may well have played a role in her 7 year relationship with Ross - not able to move to be with him but instead trying a long distance relationship for the last 3 years (her answer to Arie's question on the FD about how she feels about distance) could well have doomed that relationship. So in addition to being relatable for her kind and giving soul she also seems to me to be a lead who is not seeking IG followers to make a career out of shilling but rather someone who is really looking for love - someone who "needs" the show. IMO the show doesn't seek to play matchmaker but they have said on several occasions that I can think of that they prefer someone who is looking for love over someone who is only seeking fame; it at least perpetuates a myth that serves the show well.

But IMO the biggest attraction for Becca is how this current season ends. Getting dumped on national TV is going to connect with a lot of the show's "powerful female audience" and they are going to be emotionally behind Becca to watch her stick it to the guy who dumped her. IMO this was a big part of the reason for this season's story line - to create a lead for the next season and I'm hard pressed to think how they could have engineered this any better. I may do think the producers are scum but I have to give credit where it's due - well played MF.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 am

North wrote:I know many folks see "Let's do the damn thing" as Becca's Bachelorette theme but IMO it is too clunky and long. Since she's being labeled the "Safe Choice" -- maybe her theme could be "Safe, my @$$" and the entire season morphs into a combination of American Ninja Warrior, Fear Factor, and Amazing Race (maybe a little Jeopardy too!). I can't remember the last time I saw a bungee jump, cave dive, or steep rappel and Rachel's spelling bee doesn't count as a serious intellectual endeavor.

All in my wishful dreaming...

I think you are on to something.  laugh out loud

Hopefully we will see the spunky, daring side of Becca if she is the lead.  She played it safe during Arie's season IMO, but showed her defiance when her ex showed and even got bleeped.  I can see her going into to her season with the attitude "let's do this damn thing" and ready for adventure.

JMO.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:52 am

I saw Andi name mentioned on Twitter with lots of likes

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:18 am

@mizzoufan :thud

Tia followed "away" on IG which is a luggage company. She posted an IG of her working out.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Becca because IA with @Lucas15, getting dumped on national tv followed by getting the next lead is a perfect set up, IMHO just like Melissa.  I'm just covering bases by snooping around to see what others are doing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71522

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kmick0890 Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:19 am

While I don't think the switch was planned from the beginning of the season, I do think Becca was probably on production's radar as a potential Bachelorette from the beginning. Looking at the other girls, some of them are too polarizing for the general audience whereas Becca has a good backstory for the gig and has a personality that makes her relatable.

If Becca turns it down, I think Tia is probably next in line for it.
kmick0890
kmick0890

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm

I believe MF is just enjoying the heck out of the fact that becoming the lead is now more than ever a sought after position. Why wouldn't he play his cards close to his vest and keep them all clamoring until the last minute?

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Doesn't appear MF wants our opinion this time as he has plenty of choices this season, IMO.   laugh out loud  

It wouldn't surprise me if it is Becca, Tia, Kendall, Sienna or Little Becka.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:24 pm

MiniDiva wrote:Doesn't appear MF wants our opinion this time as he has plenty of choices this season, IMO.   laugh out loud  

It wouldn't surprise me if it is Becca, Tia, Kendall, Sienna or Little Becka.

The problem with choosing someone from a former season is that a lot of the available name recognition girls have moved to Bach alum hubs like LA/Nashville/NYC and pay their bills by being SM influencers. Naming one of them as lead is a blatant double standard after making such a big deal about Arie being rich and having a stable job as selling features for him being ready to settle down. I’d rather see a non-SM model as a lead, someone not into that post-show fame phase.

My picks from this season would be Sienna or Becca. IMO Sienna was labelled intimidating because of her education which is nutty because if the roles were reversed I think a guy with her education background would be promoted as a catch. So backward. She appeared very grounded and multifaceted and I find her quietly graceful and beautiful. She strikes me as different from some previous Bettes and I would be interested to see guys up their game to impress her. Becca reminds me of a female version of Sean Lowe - girl-next-door, religion playing a large role in rearing, traditional values. I think she would be relatable to a lot of viewers. She has shown she is decisive and has breakup skills. I do wonder about her trust level regarding tptb given they pulled the Ross stunt and, if spoilers are correct, the Arie stunt as well. She may not want further association given those antics. In fact, that may have turned off others from this season as well.

Tia is just too much of the same old thing IMO. I like Kendall as she is free spirited but came across as very perceptive. That’s a great combo plus she is very pragmatic. I’m tired of impulsive OTT people being leads because they aren’t the only type of women out there. Don’t think she will be Bette though but do think Fleiss would love to have her and her twin on BIP. As to Bekah, I think she may have thought she was being considered when she went to WTA but CH took air out of that balloon with his BIP invite. I think fans of hers want more of her on tv and his invite was a way to feel out the viewers. There didn’t seem to be an outcry on SM for her as next Bette vs a cast member on BIP so tptb can put her anywhere for tv ratings.

Last edited by notarose on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Luvstruck wrote:
bluwavz wrote:I'm fine with either Becca or Tia. Actually as long as it's someone from this season I'm good. Please no one from Nick's season or any previous season. JMpreference.

I haven't kept up with Vanessa but she might be on their short list. She has the recent heartbreak factor but has had more time to move on than Becca.
Vanessa was on Kaitlyn’s podcast the other day. She said she believed they would never considered her, so she hasn’t thought about if she would do it. I guess she is out. (She also said the turned down BWG because of the resent breakup.)

I don’t really mind Kristina, but I’m not sure she would pull it off. Seems to me she has been campaigning hard on IG for quite some time, and the squad (minus Raven) are also pushing for her.

I would love to see Becca, but if she turns it down I rather have someone from this season – Kendall, Seinne or even Beks (but not Tia).

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:44 pm

Becca's recent follow, Jasmine Lorimer Bachelorette Canada.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71522

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+33
Sprite
flojo031
mprssdbyu
kraft33
sosleepy