SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 28 of 51 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aria Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:30 am

If it really was always the woman's fault, these Bachelors would get married soon after to someone else. And almost all of the ones from the past decade, except for Jason, Sean, and JP, are still unmarried. And even from the years before - Charlie just got married, a decade afterwards when Sarah was begging him to marry her. Bob is on his third marriage. Travis is divorced. Less than half are actually married. It's way too simplistic and sexist to say "it's the woman's fault!" or "it's the man's fault!". I think it's a combination of a lot of factors, including that Bachelors don't prioritize marriage the same way Bachelorettes do, Bachelor have opportunities to sleep with women out of their league afterwards (and that just don't work with the Bachelorettes), Bachelors tends to pick the hottest girl, whereas the Bachelorette pick their best friend, Bachelors get more opportunities like DWTS and HEA, which hurts relationships, and the whole dynamic of the Bachelor goes against normal biology. It was pretty interesting listening to both Lorenzo and Ben F's podcasts with RS and you saw that both basically gave up on their relationships right away after filming, because it was just too much work for too little reward, and I think that's something you just don't see with the Bachelorettes. It doesn't matter if their F1 is cheating or abusing or running away from marriage or whatever. They'll still try their damnest to make it work. IMO

Aria

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am

@Aria, ita. More simply or even most simply imo: the Bachelorettes just want it (engagement/relationship) more and are willing to stick it out and make it work. Women rock laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:16 am

There’s lots of factors that go into failed and successful relationships .... just seems the guys get all the blame and the women get a pass because .... well because they’re a girl and can do no wrong .... unless you’re a Courtney ..... and then women will hate you because they represent all the hot girls who took their man giggling

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 am

The men don't get enough blame IMO. Ben was a selfish, needy manchild in his relationship with Lauren, Chris never loved Whitney and picked her by default because Becca didn't want him, Nick just wanted to be an actor and was never into Vanessa as much as he was into Andi and Kaitlyn, Josh was emotionally abusive to Andi and let his crazy azz momma get in the way, Juan Pablo never fell in love with Nikki. The men they pick as leads frickin' blow IMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19231

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:15 pm

I agree with @bluwavz

Maybe it's not so much that the women are more competitive (like men aren't?) but that the female leads are just better at picking with their brains & hearts than the guys. I do believe a big part is that they're ready for a serious relationship and I don't think a lot of the male leads were. I think Ben F picking Courtney was exactly like I said - she was someone who wouldn't have given him a 2nd glance if he weren't TB and if he might have realized that if he didn't have women fawning over him. I still like Ben F even if he was a bad Bachelor but I don't know that he's any closer to getting married than he was on the show. All JMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15325

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Aria wrote:If it really was always the woman's fault, these Bachelors would get married soon after to someone else. And almost all of the ones from the past decade, except for Jason, Sean, and JP, are still unmarried. And even from the years before - Charlie just got married, a decade afterwards when Sarah was begging him to marry her. Bob is on his third marriage. Travis is divorced. Less than half are actually married. It's way too simplistic and sexist to say "it's the woman's fault!" or "it's the man's fault!". I think it's a combination of a lot of factors, including that Bachelors don't prioritize marriage the same way Bachelorettes do, Bachelor have opportunities to sleep with women out of their league afterwards (and that just don't work with the Bachelorettes), Bachelors tends to pick the hottest girl, whereas the Bachelorette pick their best friend, Bachelors get more opportunities like DWTS and HEA, which hurts relationships, and the whole dynamic of the Bachelor goes against normal biology. It was pretty interesting listening to both Lorenzo and Ben F's podcasts with RS and you saw that both basically gave up on their relationships right away after filming, because it was just too much work for too little reward, and I think that's something you just don't see with the Bachelorettes. It doesn't matter if their F1 is cheating or abusing or running away from marriage or whatever. They'll still try their damnest to make it work.  IMO

Yup. ITA. Well said. I love your posts pretty much all the time. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:40 pm

bluwavz wrote:The men don't get enough blame IMO. Ben was a selfish, needy manchild in his relationship with Lauren, Chris never loved Whitney and picked her by default because Becca didn't want him, Nick just wanted to be an actor and was never into Vanessa as much as he was into Andi and Kaitlyn, Josh was emotionally abusive to Andi and let his crazy azz momma get in the way, Juan Pablo never fell in love with Nikki. The men they pick as leads frickin' blow IMO.

Again, yup. iTA and also pretty much love everything you post! laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by kraft33 Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:31 pm

I found myself being really bored this episode. I don't see the guys having much interest in Becca and like someone said, she seems too friendly and not being her natural self. She seems to want to be everyone's friend and I'm not seeing a romantic side to her yet. All IMO.

kraft33

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Just a random thought as to why so many don’t seem to be enjoying season (it’s my main reason and those I’ve talked to feel the same)

Many don’t dislike Arie as much as Becca and tptb think they do. I get that she was embarrassed.... I truly do ... but the lead chooses his F1 under bizarre circumstances and I can totally comprehend how they could change their mind.

So, from my point of view, every time she disses Arie, it doesn’t have the desired affect of making me like her more and Arie less ... it’s the exact opposite ....

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 pm

kraft33 wrote:I found myself being really bored this episode. I don't see the guys having much interest in Becca and like someone said, she seems too friendly and not being her natural self. She seems to want to be everyone's friend and I'm not seeing a romantic side to her yet. All IMO.

I think we're not seeing a romantic side to Becca because like so many bachelorettes before her, she was really only interested in one (maybe 2) guys from the beginning. This season reminds me a lot of Jojo's. From night one, I knew there was no way it was anyone but Jordan.

I also don't think that casting did such a good job this time around. Some nice guys, but not necessarily for Becca. JMO.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I don't think Becca disses Arie because she likes to, I think it's part of the story line tptb are putting out there so it's included in date activities, promos, interview questions, etc. I think she'd prefer to never mention his name again. I also think tptb are using all of this insulting material on Arie as a way to deter future leads from making DB types of decisions like Arie did. It's "setting an example" of what to expect if you make similar stupid decisions and potentially hurt the show. All IMO.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Minney wrote:I don't think Becca disses Arie because she likes to, I think it's part of the story line tptb are putting out there so it's included in date activities, promos, interview questions, etc. I think she'd prefer to never mention his name again.  I also think tptb are using all of this insulting material on Arie as a way to deter future leads from making DB types of decisions like Arie did.  It's "setting an example" of what to expect if you make similar stupid decisions and potentially hurt the show.  All IMO.

I do not buy for one second that tptb want to discourage any type of controversial anything from happening on this show ..they thrive on it ...Go out of their way to promote it .. And maneuver the shi!t out of situations to to make it happen hehehe

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 51 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+113
Stacia620
Just Looking
Amethyst
wishesfireworks
Fermont girl