SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Amberish wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Amberish wrote:

How did Arie burn Courtney? don't get that part.

Did you listen to RS’s podcast? Even Arie admitted to her that he hurt her and she’s given him more chances then he deserves. She wanted there to be more between them time and time again, and he dragged her along, burning her along the way. Most recently being when he notoriously took the Bach gig in September. Courtney says at the time, they were spending a ton of time together and she felt, they were really close to becoming a couple for real.

Of course, I did. But how did he burn her? She said what? No, she didn't.

She said he hurt her by not returning her at-the-moment affection, but it's not as if he ever led her on. Moreover, she said she's a big girl and she gets it. I hope we do, too.

Courtney even said what-her-name, that other girl he had dated last year, should have asked the right questions instead of assuming the relationship was more than it ever was. But, she is young and didn't know better.

Dating is dating.

Insofar as Arie and Becca, it appears that he is saying from the get-go he recognized he made a mistake --- by proposing to anyone given his state of confusion. His words. And now we know Becca is so broken that she's unable to travel the world in search of her own love story --- oh, wait a minute --- she is so must not be so broken up.

(In retrospect, had Melissa Rycroft not had her long-term love waiting in the wings after Jason, I expect she, too, might have done as Becca is.)

We know from every successful Bachelor show couple that it is only AFTER the season ends and the excitement fades do the couples actually fall in love. Sean and Cat, too!

Again, I'm hopeful for an Arie and Lauren bachelor wedding. Not an extravagant miniseries like Jason's, but something similar to Sean and Cat's. Perhaps in September? Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 15 4256136633

Alrighty. We are most definitely going to have to agree to disagree. Courtney said she cried and cried after Arie took the Bach gig. You could even tell in her voice how hurt she still was when talking to RS. She said herself that Arie told her she constantly gave more chances than she should. Sounds like a woman who was hurt by the careless actions of this man to me.

As for your other points, no doubt these couples fall in love (if the fall in love) after filming. And I feel like a broken record, but i don’t think anyone is angry at Arie for changing his mind or being confused in a confusing situation. It’s not what happened. It’s how it happened. It’s his emotional cheating, his changing stories, his vague timelines, his bs excuses (ie: he filmed the breakup for Becca so she could get the Ette gig, give me a break. What a martyr. Rolling Eyes). It’s the gross socks IG pics while he was engaged to someone else, the fact he chose New Years to contact Lauren (traditionally a “couples” holiday) while he was engaged. The fact that he told Becca he was only contacting her for closure. I could go on and on. 

I could give a crap that he decided Becca wasn’t the one for him and he thought he made a mistake. Good for him for being with the person he wants to be with (for now). It’s everytjing else. He’s just... not my cup of tea and I find him gross.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 pm

@sosleepy Exactly. I wouldn’t want Becca stuck with Arie. Had Arie broken up with Becca, then contacted Lauren great. But IMO, he lied and cheated and Lauren went along with it. So for me their couple name is #Liar and that is why I do not like them. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 pm

It has been asked to please keep the topic on the couple and not bring other cast into the discussion by multiple members
That may not be easy, I get it. 
Just please let us keep the focus on the thread topic. 
It seems like a lot is being de-railed not just today, but a lot of days.
Thanks.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:49 pm

timfan wrote:Arie likes to blame tptb for everything make him go back  they made him propose to becca because they wanted an engagement  why could he not say no what was he afraid they would sue him arie just has no backbone jmo
Arie did say no. He said "no" loud and clear to continuing a fake engagement  just a few short weeks after filming ended, even though faking it for a few months would have resulted in far less backlash IMO. He said "no" to waiting until the dust settled to reconcile with Lauren. He's still saying "no" to hiding out *edit* and is proudly living his best life with Lauren, in the racing community that welcomes them with open arms. He's saying "no" to quietly sliding back in to Arizona and is traveling abroad with his queen by his side.

That shows a he** of a backbone, IMO. It just might not be the one that some viewers want Arie to have.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:00 am

That is a good point. It does take a lot of backbone to emotionally cheat on your fiancé and then broadcast it to the entire world. He is a true American hero, IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:06 am

I emotionally cheat on my DH with Vince Vaughn.  laugh out loud
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:08 am

LOL I'm not exactly Jimmy Carter either.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:11 am

This thread makes me literally LOL! laugh out loud rotfl
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:13 am

Aria wrote:That is a good point. It does take a lot of backbone to emotionally cheat on your fiancé and then broadcast it to the entire world. He is a true American hero, IMO.

This is The Bachelor.  It's far from RL. laugh out loud. Imo, of course.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 am

Not to mention probably the only heros that come away from this show are the ones who switch the channel and refuse to watch.     cantstopl JMO  It shames me.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:25 am

Bet2Win wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:

That's the hateful statement?  laugh out loud   I think everyone knew that relationship was a showmance.

Chris couldn't put 2 sentences together, the segment JK did was hilarious...but I still like Chris even if I didn't enjoy his season, something about that country boy.  
I don't think anyone said it was a hateful statement. It's about the fact that Arie consistently takes jabs at people and generally never takes the high road, but if anyone says anything bad about him it's as if they're the worst people ever and they're bullies etc.

That's such an innocuous statement, I don't how anyone can interpret it as a jab, or as being sorry for the couple, or being anything other than shaking head back and forth, as in no, oh no, or omg no.

As the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...one's feelings does affect one's intreptation of what's said.

All imo!

But, man, the things that are said on this board every single season is way worse than what any contestant has ever said about each other. And yet we judge their words.

I'm sorry to jump in here, but I thought comments like this about forums members wouldn't be ok. We are many times told, that posting negative comments about the Bach cast is ok. And we all post them. So imho it's not cool to use those same opinions, and same posts, as a tool to throw back, when the opinions go against a cast member someone likes.
Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
I don't think anyone said it was a hateful statement. It's about the fact that Arie consistently takes jabs at people and generally never takes the high road, but if anyone says anything bad about him it's as if they're the worst people ever and they're bullies etc.

That's such an innocuous statement, I don't how anyone can interpret it as a jab, or as being sorry for the couple, or being anything other than shaking head back and forth, as in no, oh no, or omg no.  

As the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...one's feelings does affect one's intreptation of what's said.

All imo!  

But, man, the things that are said on this board every single season is way worse than what any contestant has ever said about each other.   And yet we judge their words.  

I'm sorry to jump in here, but I thought comments like this about forums members wouldn't be ok. We are many times told, that posting negative comments about the Bach cast is ok. And we all post them. So imho it's not cool to use those same opinions, and same posts, as a tool to throw back, when the opinions go against a cast member someone likes.
Jmo.

I included myself, as in "we", have you seen my posts about Andi? laugh out loud My point was the cast members are usually pretty calm about each other post season, us, not so much, we tend to continue to like or dislike cast members post season.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727