SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Minney Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 am

Diana wrote:I am sorry but "I can't" at them acting like they are above people and making fun of them without their approval or consent. Nothing fun or okay about it. Rolling Eyes

JMHO

Sounds like their vocabulary and conversations haven't grown since the show ended. The "I can't" reminds me of Sarah Heron and her She Lifts nonprofit that sells t-shirts that say "Maybe You Literally Can Even" to bring awareness and empower girls with physical differences. Lauren should try to "can even" some time in her life. She might be more likeable. IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:34 am

It’s much easier to play “offense” in these threads when you aren’t emotionally connected to the contestant or couple. Defense is much harder, when it feels like it’s you and a few defending up against many. I get how frustrating that can be, cause been there. It’s just how it goes here. IMO.

Same treatment happens to most contestants and couples here. Arie and Lauren aren’t getting it any worse than many. In fact, historically I think this board is very pro-Arie. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:34 am

sosleepy wrote:snipped..

Same treatment happens to most contestants and couples here. Arie and Lauren aren’t getting it any worse than many. In fact, historically I think this board is very pro-Arie. JMO.

I totally disagree that this forum is pro Arie, totally. If we are going to measure the pro versus against, they aren't even close to pro IMHO.

IA that the same treatment happens quite often in the past. Historically Arie was well like as he had his own fan thread, the original from Emily's season, and I don't recall any General Discussion negativity.

Everyone has the right to express their opinions but if I were to say the forum is half and half or slightly pro or slightly against, in this case for me, it's 90% against IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71506

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
sosleepy wrote:snipped..

I totally disagree that this forum is pro Arie, totally. If we are going to measure the pro versus against, they aren't even close to pro IMHO.

IA that the same treatment happens quite often in the past. Historically Arie was well like as he had his own fan thread, the original from Emily's season, and I don't recall any General Discussion negativity.

Everyone has the right to express their opinions but if I were to say the forum is half and half or slightly pro or slightly against, in this case for me, it's 90% against IMHO.

Totally agree that right now this forum leans against Arie and his decisions. I said historically. I was a Jef fan (reformed, no longer a fan laugh out loud) And believe me, I remember how pro Arie this board was at that time and how hard it was to post if you liked Jef. Just an example, and why I said historically.

It doesn’t matter. Kasha is right, it’s about the relationships with the posters and not the contestants. I have agreed with most here at one time or another, then disagree at different times. People we are “arguing” and debating with now... will most certainly be on your “same team” later... during some different season down the line. At the end of the day, it’s just a silly tv show... and it’s all trivial and fun to talk about. This real life soap opera. None of this is life or death. None of the extremely pro opinions are all right, and none of the extremely anti points are all true either. Nothing is black or white. The truth, who these people are and what the circumstances were, is almost certainly somewhere in the middle. We are just here to dissect it and have some fun with it. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am

@GuardianAngel  I agree. And that's ok. We have had that before with cast and will again.
As long as things are kept respectful, nice and we separate views from viewers, things are cool.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71506

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:49 am

missnana wrote:I lived in Europe and I have visited Spain many times, what these two have done is very very frowned upon by the general population. People over there do not take lightly to being filmed without consent and it could get into legality issues if it's causing emotional/mental harm. Which this case would be a perfect candidate for that since they were positing it to such a large audience.

Working out in a busy gym does not mean people are seeking for attention, it means they want to work on their health and better them selves. IMO Most people do not have the luxury to go to a private/more exclusive gym. JMO I go to a gym almost everyday who is very busy and I would be livid if anyone is filming me to post to SM while I am minding my own business. I don't even use social media because I care about my privacy, so why would you violate my choice not to be put on the wide web ?! imo People like them should be shamed about this and put in their place because behavior like this is very harmful to others. We all deserve to be respected in our own private lives and it is not much to ask IMO
I also lived in Europe, like you, traveled extensively and I don't agree, whatsoever with the above premise. I also went to gyms DAILY and that's probably why, IMO, I get it. 

We are not talking about a busy gym, we're talking about a busy gym with one room that has a gigantic fishbowl window that faces a busy street. IMO, without a doubt, those gym patrons who WANT TO BE WATCHED are crowded in front of that fishbowl window with what appears to be inches of space between them to move around. 

Doesn't make you giggle? Does me!  giggling   rotfl cantstopl
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:58 am

This board isn't pro-Arie. Far from it, imho, but it's okay because we are all entitled to our opinions. I just think Arie and Lauren were being silly, saw something funny and chose to post it. Arie must have received some harsh criticism as he disabled his comments on all his posts for a short time, but alas, life goes on. All imo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Amberish wrote:
missnana wrote:I lived in Europe and I have visited Spain many times, what these two have done is very very frowned upon by the general population. People over there do not take lightly to being filmed without consent and it could get into legality issues if it's causing emotional/mental harm. Which this case would be a perfect candidate for that since they were positing it to such a large audience.

Working out in a busy gym does not mean people are seeking for attention, it means they want to work on their health and better them selves. IMO Most people do not have the luxury to go to a private/more exclusive gym. JMO I go to a gym almost everyday who is very busy and I would be livid if anyone is filming me to post to SM while I am minding my own business. I don't even use social media because I care about my privacy, so why would you violate my choice not to be put on the wide web ?! imo People like them should be shamed about this and put in their place because behavior like this is very harmful to others. We all deserve to be respected in our own private lives and it is not much to ask IMO
I also lived in Europe, like you, traveled extensively and I don't agree, whatsoever with the above premise. I also went to gyms DAILY and that's probably why, IMO, I get it. 

We are not talking about a busy gym, we're talking about a busy gym with one room that has a gigantic fishbowl window that faces a busy street. IMO, without a doubt, those gym patrons who WANT TO BE WATCHED are crowded in front of that fishbowl window with what appears to be inches of space between them to move around. 

Doesn't make you giggle? Does me!  giggling   rotfl cantstopl

It looks like a fitness class to me. People seem to be doing circuit training around the room. There are people at the back of the room as well as near the window. I can't even begin to understand what is funny about it. dizzy Have Arie and Lauren never been to a fitness class? They just look like idiots laughing at nothing IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Imo this board and this poster were very pro Arie until Arie confirmed and reconfirmed and confirmed once again they everyone else (other women) were right all along about him.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Yup, once upon a time this was the only place on the Internet that was actually happy that Arie and not Peter would become Bachelor. He did start off with the benefit of the doubt (much more than most other contestants, IMO), but at some point, the mental gymnastics needed to defend him just become too challenging for most. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Count me as someone who is still happy he was the Bachelor, rather than Peter, and hope he’s found the woman he wants to commit to fully and build a life and family with.  

I’m sure Arie and Lauren will make mistakes along the way like this, but if they are learning from them, that’s a good thing in my book.

Last edited by alwaystulips on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727