SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 52 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Alanna wrote:Imo this board and this poster were very pro Arie until Arie confirmed and reconfirmed and confirmed once again they everyone else (other women) were right all along about him.

Yeah, exactly this. Historically this board was super pro - Arie. From the way founding beginning up until recently when the evidence just started piling against him. That was my point. Thanks for expressing it with more concise wording. 

Imo
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 52 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Alanna wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I admit that I’m probably not as outraged as some of you, but, IMO his story was verging on mean, immature, and lacking in basic human decency. That’s all. I’m glad he had the sense the remove it, though I'm sure he learned nothing from this except not to broadcast your shittiness for the world to see. JMO.
Totally. Someone on Reddit said they’re two a$$holes in a pod. /endthread as far as I’m concerned imo.

He also will learn that once you put it on Sm, it can be preserved even if you personally delete something. Someone at reddit at the beginning captured the vid for that very reason. Another thought why you have to watch what you post. Besides that, it made it to a magazine and is also preserved in print. It couldn’t have happened to a more idiotic pair that reflect their IQ and not their age imo.

Last edited by Stone_Hedge on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:This board isn't pro-Arie.  Far from it, imho, but it's okay because we are all entitled to our opinions.  I just think Arie and Lauren were being silly, saw something funny and chose to post it.  Arie must have received some harsh criticism as he disabled his comments on all his posts for a short time, but alas, life goes on. All imo.  

Thankfully, it goes on.

Lauren's and especially Arie's (considering his age) behaviour have imo revealed how immature they both really are. I'm not saying that they area bad people but their "antics" have shown them to be lacking in respect and empathy for others, and in prudence. IMO, they have a lot of growing up to do before they consider marriage and especially parenthood. The world is already screwed up enough as it is!

I think Arie Sr. was spot on when he said that Arie needs someone to give him a "kick in the behind" occasionally, and imo, I don't think Lauren is the one to do it. They seem to have the same personality and imo, it seems she probably needs a "kick" occasionally, too.

richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm

I wouldn’t be opposed to kicking them. Where do I sign up?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:Filming someone through windows is still invasion of privacy. Or I suppose Arie and Lauren would be cool and if people were filming them through windows, and posting these online. I'm astonished at how everyone else gets blamed when Arie and Lauren act like jerks. First it was Becca, now it's this gym goer. He gets called attention seeker just because Arie and Lauren decided to film him and post it on their sm. Other people are allowed to live their lives (like this gymgoer to go to gym) without jerks like Arie and Lauren deciding to use them as their entertainment when they're bored. And yes, posting mocking videos of other people online is imho bullying.

Where Arie and Lauren not trying to avoid the paparazzi at their hotel? I thought there was a photo somewhere in here where the hotel security was attempting to get rid of the paps and they were commenting? I guess it's ok when they set it up for themselves but heaven forbid that anyone takes their picture without their permission...and yet it is apparently ok for them to film someone else minding their own business while working out so they can laugh at them or their shorts or whatever? Stupid, inconsiderate, full of themselves, basic douches. They just keep upping their own unlikability.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Alanna wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Arie deleted his story and blocked his comments on IG.  And it begins...  

If he publicly apologized today, would you forgive him?  Just curious.  
I would “forgive” him when he started acting like a freaking 36 yo old responsible, kind, normal adult, not a snobby, ill-mannered, poorly raised, spoiled overgrown teen. All through his actions and choices for a significant period of time, not anymore sm posting BS faux apologies in my eyes. All imo.
You hit the nail on the head for me. I loved Arie on Emily's season and couldn't have been more excited to see him as TB. I would have never guessed he could be all of those things but watching him during a time that required couth and maturity, he failed miserably, IMO. He hasn't once shown any remorse for his actions then.... or since regarding the break up. I'm not asking for him to regret his change of heart, not at all. But, stand up and be a man with a little bit of character. I've decided he's never had to answer for his behavior. It's the only explanation I can come up with. That kick in the butt his dad said he needed is coming from SM. The problem is he's not capable of grasping different personality traits.  JMO

ETA: It's just a TV show, but I'm so disappointed in the Arie that has been exposed.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:33 pm

I have been entertaining myself (avoiding housework) and reading an archived thread the last hour or so.  There were many of us posting in that thread of how we were looking forward to an Arie season. I include myself in that. There were fans. There were those that thought it would be very entertaining. There were those who were looking forward to his infamous "wall kisses". And, yes, there were those that were not thrilled about it... mainly those who wanted Peter.

My takeaway from all of that is that as a whole, this forum was very accepting of Arie as the lead. As a whole, this forum gave Arie a chance.  But, in the long run, for many of us, he disappointed us by his actions.  I think @mprssdbyu says it for me:

mprssdbyu wrote:You hit the nail on the head for me. I loved Arie on Emily's season and couldn't have been more excited to see him as TB. I would have never guessed he could be all of those things but watching him during a time that required couth and maturity, he failed miserably, IMO. He hasn't once shown any remorse for his actions then.... or since regarding the break up. I'm not asking for him to regret his change of heart, not at all. But, stand up and be a man with a little bit of character. I've decided he's never had to answer for his behavior. It's the only explanation I can come up with. That kick in the butt his dad said he needed is coming from SM. The problem is he's not capable of grasping different personality traits.  JMO

ETA: It's just a TV show, but I'm so disappointed in the Arie that has been exposed.

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 52 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Sprite wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:Filming someone through windows is still invasion of privacy. Or I suppose Arie and Lauren would be cool and if people were filming them through windows, and posting these online. I'm astonished at how everyone else gets blamed when Arie and Lauren act like jerks. First it was Becca, now it's this gym goer. He gets called attention seeker just because Arie and Lauren decided to film him and post it on their sm. Other people are allowed to live their lives (like this gymgoer to go to gym) without jerks like Arie and Lauren deciding to use them as their entertainment when they're bored. And yes, posting mocking videos of other people online is imho bullying.

Where Arie and Lauren not trying to avoid the paparazzi at their hotel? I thought there was a photo somewhere in here where the hotel security was attempting to get rid of the paps and they were commenting? I guess it's ok when they set it up for themselves but heaven forbid that anyone takes their picture without their permission...and yet it is apparently ok for them to film someone else minding their own business while working out so they can laugh at them or their shorts or whatever? Stupid, inconsiderate, full of themselves, basic douches. They just keep upping their own 
Good point! I didn’t even consider that hypocrisy. It didn’t get enough deserved attention here in the midst of workout-gate, but that video of them making fun of the paps as they “hid out” was so unappealing to me. It made them come across as very full of themselves, unlikable, and not at all self aware about the idiocy of this all imo. They were acting like they thought they were a couple of A-listers. I’ve never seen any other contestant or couple from the franchise act that self important or not self aware. JMO. It just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Taking into account the VERY NEXT story is them littlerally papping another guy... and it’s just duh  Not the brightest, and not the kindest, these two.

JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:09 pm

I take pride in never seeing the appeal of Arie. laugh out loud I didn't actively dislike him, but I was definitely team Jef back in the day and Arie was just there for me. Then he dated Courtney and stayed friends with her afterwards and I just thought "birds of a feather flock together". (Not a fan of Courtney at all.) I was willing to give him a chance because I thought it'd be refreshing to have an "oldie" as the lead, but he just got more repulsive to me every week. This before the switcheroo mess even came out. He's an immature mess IMHO. I've tried to give Lauren the benefit of the doubt, since I don't think she's responsible for his actions, but the more I see of them, the more similar I think they are. I thought I could never dislike a final couple more than Jodi, but I think these two have taken the crown. JMOAA.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Rolly wrote:
Alanna wrote:These two are such jokers and losers imo. I mean seriously. What is there to argue from my perspective? They do the job for me imo.

When people show you who they are (over and over again), believe them.

I was such an Arie fan when this season began. I was excited for him, I defended him. Now, I not only am so disgusted with his behavior, but I also understand how he could be friends with 1F.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:33 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
Rolly wrote:
Alanna wrote:These two are such jokers and losers imo. I mean seriously. What is there to argue from my perspective? They do the job for me imo.

When people show you who they are (over and over again), believe them.

I was such an Arie fan when this season began.  I was excited for him, I defended him.  Now, I not only am so disgusted with his behavior, but I also understand how he could be friends with 1F.

Funny or ironic that both you and 1F used the word disgusted/disgusting when talking about Arie. Must be alot of truth to all the rumors regarding Arie. IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:35 pm

1F and RE are not much different to me. It’s just my opinion, but 1F being utterly thrashed for years at the alter of RE never seemed justified or fair. JMO. It’s kind of been like 6 years in the making for me to see Arie get a little justified heat coming his way. As a former 1F fan that is. Still, it’s nothing compared to some things that have been said and implied about Jef. JMO.

Both are super questionable and it’s no shocker they were so close during filming. Emily had awful guys to chose from. Cheesey Sean was the only one worth anything, it retrospect. Hindsight is always 20/20.

JMO
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727