SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by Aria Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Oh, man. These two make it so hard to be nice. And if it's not a televised wedding, I really don't get why they had to make an announcement 8 months in advance. Des/Chris kept it secret, so they likely weren't under any obligation. It just feels like this is more about "look at us! We're getting married, like we said we would! Do you believe in our everlasting love now?!". It seems very Deanna and Jesse, in a lot of ways. IMO.

I'll give them that they have good taste for wedding venues. And that's my nice comment for them for the year!

Aria

Back to top Go down

ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by Rolly Wed May 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Arie keeps going back to having the break up filmed bc it answered a lot of questions so people wouldn’t have to ask what happened. Like he didn’t want to have to explain everything people could just see. Why not say:
1.There was a lot of pressure to film it
2.I thought they would give me something if I went along (wedding, ring, attention, $, a good edit)
3.I made a mistake and totally humiliated her. I should have said no but I was weak and an idiot.

At least he didn’t go back to the “if they saw the break up Becca could be the next Bachelorette.”

Arie is pretty close to the top of the people I dislike the most from this franchise and Lauren isn’t far behind. Emotional intelligence is lacking in both of them so they make a perfect pair. The wedding will be lovely if they make it that far.IMO.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed May 23, 2018 4:22 pm

I can only think of two reasons they felt the need to announce a wedding date 8 months in the future:
1. Attention, lots and lots of attention. Especially with Becca’s season starting in days.
2. They want more wedding freebies (although companies better be smart and not agree to offer free services until they know this wedding is actually happening because ain’t no proof of that at the moment)

JMO

ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 87b72b10 ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 86669110 ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed May 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Honestly, I hope these two stick together, so no one else has to deal with them.  They really are two peas in a pod. ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 1838857674

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed May 23, 2018 4:35 pm

They're trying to do an early 'I told you so' and it ain't happening. Nice try, though! laugh out loud JMO

ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed May 23, 2018 4:36 pm

@Ladybug82 Agree. Protect any other people from ever having to put up with either of them. Blessings can often come in odd packages. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Wed May 23, 2018 4:39 pm

I thought I recalled Mills mentioning the filmed breakup with Becca taking place Jan 11 and not 12 so I double checked. It did actually happen on Jan 11 (they start talking about it at approx 15:00). I’m sure there are a lot of opinion related stuff one could choose to criticize Arie/Lauren on, and to each their own on that.   If they’re going to be criticized for picking a particular date, however, it’s good IMO to actually make sure it’s a fact. As for why the 12th was picked, it could be as simple as the fact that it’s a Saturday while the 16th is not.

https://youtu.be/wXlOX2eNM80

Last edited by TheWrongReasons on Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Wed May 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
aviej wrote:While I'm skeptical about the couple, I hope they make it to the altar and beyond. My question though is this... why announce it so soon if it's quite in January? What would that accomplish? Most of the couples before announced it either very close to the actual date or a couple months prior. This is like 8 months before the event.  Why announce so soon? Is it that they're anxious to silence the naysayers just short before Becca's season? no idea

My guess is they secured the venue and just want to give their 10 fans...laugh out loud an update.  I don't think it has anything to do with proving anything to the naysayers.  I honestly think they don't really care what anybody thinks. ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 56 4256136633  If they did, they would be posting a lot more on SM.  Jmo.  
I'm not so convinced. I think it was more so strategic - the announcement. Becca just literally announced that she is happily engaged. And now Larie announce a date for something that's 8 months away!
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Diana wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:
Aria wrote:Is that the one year anniversary of when they got back together?

I'm kind of still skeptical that this wedding will take place, since it's only been 4 months so far and, from what I can remember, that's the fastest a date has been set (other than Deanna/Jesse) and I don't think that's a really good sign. That said, I do kind of love the idea that two of the Bachelors that actually got married pulled a Mesnick, because it just speaks to the ridiculousness of this show. And a private Hawaii wedding seems lovely! IMO.

According to Robert Mills in the Juliet Litman podcast he did in March, Arie broke up with Becca on January 12th. They filmed him at Lauren's house on January 16th.  January 12th was a Friday which we suspected was the beginning of a SHV. The photos came out about production being at Lauren's on Tuesday which was the 16th.  

I will believe it when I hear it actually takes place.
Wow. These two really are going to get married on the anniversary he broke up with Becca? They couldn't of idk done the decent thing and chose literally ANY other day? rotfl

Any time I think okay maybe I can be neutral on them, they and go and prove to me why I will never ever like or respect them. All JMO. Good luck to them but gag.

It's almost like they're trying to rewrite or erase history...
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Wed May 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Good that they are not rushing the actual marriage and giving the engagement period a bit more time.  The View hosts were spot on with their questions.  Whoopi watched from back stage and her contribution afterwards was Hawaii is going through the bad times now and they may have rethink their wedding venue as January was not that far away. The convo ended in having to dodge lava balls now.  Rolling Eyes

JMO
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:
cookielover12 wrote:why are they trying to make the day Jan 12 a special day for them?
Jan 12, 2018 - Arie decides to break up with Becca and go back to Lauren ???
Jan 12,2019 - Arie and Lauren wedding day.

I would NOT want my special day to be a day knowing my Fiance/Husband broke up with his ex-fiance to be back with me. That is not something I would want to remember for the rest of my life!

JMO.

They have moved on...but apparently the public has not.  laugh out loud.  Check out the comments on Arie's IG.  rotfl  The bottom line is it is their decision, their life.  It doesn't affect 'me' one way or another.  Jmo.

JMO, it is tacky as crap to get married on the one year anniversary that you dumped your ex-fiancé. I think they are selfish twists, so it doesn’t surprise me at all. Lauren made sure she got the final rose on GMA, obliterating another reminder of His ex-fiancé sounds just like her to me. All JMO.

I don't see a problem with Lauren wanting the final rose.  She did get gypped out of a FRC proposal and twirl.  

But Arie did everything perfect, those are Lauren’s exact words. She was glad it happened this way, she doesn’t have to worry he is thinking of Becca. Also Lauren’s words. So nope, she got exactly what she thinks is perfect and awesome. JMSO.

What else was she going to say to the media? I am sure they had plenty of private talks regarding this situation and Lauren even spoke about this several times.

Btw, this isn't Becca's thread. This is about Arie and Lauren. Moving on now.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Wed May 23, 2018 4:48 pm

This awful couple never fails to disappoint, do they? no no

One thing that makes me feel a little better is that they are not the only couple who “happened” to pick this week for a big announcement. Ashley I had the same idea and managed to steel most of their thunder with her video, at least in the BN.
thumbsup
All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

+71
biglove44
tigertiz
lightredemption
Cocoasneeze
Imp