SELECT CONTENT

Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 am

Joy15 wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:I read in a thread on reddit that he was actually in business with his father and that they own a business that buys produce that they then sell to grocery stores... so in other words the wholesaler that sells to the retailer.  He also at one time was a trader on the CME which is the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.  He more than likely made a good living as a trader on the stock exchange but it is a career that can cause burnout very quickly so I could understand if he left there and went into business with his dad.

Whether he ever owned a grocery store is questionable for me. You know how they like to mess with people's occupations on this show.  Grocery store owner sounds a lot better than produce buyer!

this peaked my interest as well, bc i have heard two conflicting info about the Grocery Store..

1. He said his friend is now running the business here . (1: 16 mark).

Side note: this is at the After Paradise taping (about a month ago?) . Another side note: i love how he low key shot Ash down when she tried to play the victim card of seeing someone you love kissing others on paradise laugh out loud. And NGL i swooned at his " No. i dont read my DMs, just got to pay atttention to her, you know". How freakin sweet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Xcfsg2PbI

2. yet here, he said, he doesn't own the grocery store anymore. (0:45 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnpnmuZY6RQ

the vid #2 is more recent though...so...maybe he once co-owned it and then sold all the share to his friend?..just curious.  Smiley

Reddit posters have also found a photo of Joe in his trading days in 2009. But since they only uploaded it to imgur and did not link the source I cannot bring it over. It must have been part of a story about about a fed rate announcement in March 2009. I tried googling to find the article and photo myself but could not find it.  They have also found some legal filings where Joe is a plaintiff in an anti-trust lawsuit with many others against Bank of America and some other banks. It is an ongoing lawsuit in the appeal stage that says the banks are guilty of collusion and monopoly in regards to depressing LIBOR. LIBOR is a benchmark tool for short term investments that effects interest rates for different loans and financial instruments of different maturities.  All this is my interpretation of what reddit posters that know a heck of a lot more about the financial world than I do! One of the co-plaintiffs in this suit is Louie Amabile... possibly some relation? The original suit was filed in 2015.

They have also found some other stuff that is pure speculation of Joe being connected to another Chicagoan named Joseph Amabile... he was a west side gangster in the 1950's.  He was convicted of extortion in the late 60's and sentenced to 15 years in jail and a $10,000 fine. He passed away in jail in 1976.  I found a death notice for his wife who died in 2009.  Both the names Louie and Joe are listed as family members...

Another thing about Joe is that he is always shown as knowing everything about produce, but not other grocery items. Makes sense to me that he is a wholesaler in produce!

I am of the opinion that Joe's background is not what it seems!

@Joy15... read this article on the bustle website: https://www.bustle.com/p/joe-amabiles-grocery-store-update-means-hell-probably-need-a-new-bachelor-nation-nickname-video-11929939

They have done some investigation as well! I agree with them that it is suspect when Becca met up with him in early June, it was not at his grocery store but at Bloomingdale's. I still say TPTB played very loosely with his occupation.

Back to top Go down

Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

Post by suzq Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 am

This is all very interesting. I remember thinking it was really odd that Joe was approached to be on the Bachelorette in a Whole Foods. I couldn't understand why he was shopping at a competition grocery store. It makes more sense now.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:11 pm

I didn’t really get the attraction to Joe on episode 1 of Becca’s season but he’s grown on me. He & Kendall are the cutest together. hearthumbsup

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Podcast with Kendall that gives a lot of insight into who she is. For being only 26-27, she is quite mature. Click on the 8/20/17 episode. I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Nolan but listened as Kendall was on it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/lets-talk-about-it-with-taylor-nolan/id1321043863?mt=2

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:51 pm

@havadrpepper
I think this is the article from 2009.
https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/view/upi/029591f9510a83fff96e48c29b122f00/Traders-in-Chicago-react-to-Fed-rate-announcement/

My guess about the store is that he invested in it, but didn’t actively work there, and now he has sold his share. His main occupation seems to be that he runs a wholesaler business with his dad, but that would of course be a less appealing label for the show.

I don’t think there was anything suspect about him meeting Becca in Chicago. They were just both shopping there with friends and connected on IG. I happened to see it unfold in real time. It’s a funny story when Joe tells it though.

Joe really has a fascinating background. I was thinking that it there is a movie theme in DWTS, Joe should impersonate someone like Michael Corleone, but that might not sit well with his family if he really is related to that gangster.
JMO

@Norcalgal  I listened to it when it came out. I really like her.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Thanks @blueblues. Your googlefu is strong... mine isn't!

I also don't think there was anything suspect about meeting up with Becca in Chicago. She had fun and ran with it! I remember speculation at the time that he was shopping for swimwear for paradise. I also watched it in real time as well.

You might be right about him being an investor in a grocery store but I'm still thinking he has always been on the wholesaling side of it instead. That type of business was where a lot of the "gangster" activities took place back in the 40's/50's so (ALL SPEC ON MY PART IF THE GANGSTER WAS HIS ANCESTOR), a wholesale produce business may have been in the family for a long time and taken legit in the last several generations.

Joe apparently went to college, got an education and worked in a highly stressful job and made a lot of money. And, according to Mills, the apartment Kendall went to when they met in Chicago was actually Joe's, not something they rented. Place was pretty nice.

Again, I say, Joe is not what he appears to be.

giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 pm

I don't think anyone would be surprised to know we have to take all the "reality" encounters from this show with a huge grain of salt.  They take license with the truth a lot.  Sometimes/often it is heavy handed and gross.  Sometimes though it is like a flight of fancy or embellisment .  I had a Shakespeare prof in college who taught us about the "willful suspension of disbelief".  It has stood me well in life when watching/reading fictional stories.  I don't analyze whether the soap star is only 5 years older than her soap daughter etc.  I just sit back and enjoy it.  The show has many faults, but Joe's occupation to me is one where I can just sit back and enjoy the fantasy. Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion  - Page 5 1176891977

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:47 am

Norcalgal wrote:Podcast with Kendall that gives a lot of insight into who she is. For being only 26-27, she is quite mature. Click on the 8/20/17 episode. I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Nolan but listened as Kendall was on it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/lets-talk-about-it-with-taylor-nolan/id1321043863?mt=2

Why is this podcast not opening for me? TIA
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnyyphJjdOK/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwR0cdH5tI/?hl=en&taken-by=joeamabile1
So sweet, caption says
"Kendall you’re Beautiful in every way and I’m blessed to have you by my side. CraZier than me and I love you for it. My lady

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:08 pm

havadrpepper wrote:
~snipped

Joe apparently went to college, got an education and worked in a highly stressful job and made a lot of money. And, according to Mills, the apartment Kendall went to when they met in Chicago was actually Joe's, not something they rented. Place was pretty nice.

Again, I say, Joe is not what he appears to be.

giggling

College educated, had a stressful career, made lots of money and has his own nice place in a very expensive city. Loves Kendall. And he's a handsome nice guy, IMO. That's way more than I need to know. yes

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:11 pm

@havadrpepper where did Joe go to college?

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

+46
Mustang19
mtnlvr55
HavaDrPepper
bluwavz
FMG2015