SELECT CONTENT

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by northernviewer Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Relalou wrote:Or on a more positive front, it could simply be a couple having fun!  

I’m sure they were ... now it’s my turn cantstopl

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Simply looks OTT awkard AF said in my best trite and oh so trendy OTT voice. Jmoaa. AF

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Thank you for the laughs! You all never fail me. laugh out loud
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm posting this here since the episode 9 thread is locked. There was a discussion there about Garrett's academic degree in General Studies. Here is where I found that info:
https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/garrett-yrigoyen----9-things-know-about-becca-kufrin-the-bachelorette-bachelor--24186.php

I had never heard of a degree in General Studies. None of the schools in my area have this degree. From what I have read, it's neither a B.S. or a B.A. It's a BGS. Also it could be an AA (Associate's degree).

https://nevadawolfpack.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=195

From looking at his University of Nevada page, he attended San Joaquin Delta College (a community college) for 2 years. Then University of Nevada for 3 years. He is 2 months older than Blake (whose birthday is around April 22, 1989) but Blake finished college in 2011, not having attended a community college first.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:34 pm

That is a great overview of his athletic career and the two colleges he attended.

It's pretty common for many young adults to attend 5 or more years of school. There's a lot of variables that go into attending college including picking a cheap/expensive school, staying close to home, feeling pressured to go where you're friends go, missing friends/family, change of major or finally figuring out a major and then when you think you've got it figured out often times your previous credits don't transfer. IMO, 5 years in college doesn't equate to incompetence but rather perseverance to graduate with pride that you accomplished everything you put your mind to.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by mjason Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Going to school for 5 years is pretty common for a variety of reasons. I'm guessing that he went to school for 5 years because he only played baseball 1 year at the community college, then 3 at UNR. Most athletes I went to college with were red shirted their freshman year and then stayed in school for 5 years to finish their degree and so they could play for all 4 years.

General studies degrees are rather common. Most people that have a general studies degree aren't just taking basic freshman level classes, rather, they are taking classes that fit a specific area of study that the college may not have a particular degree in. Where I went to school it can either be a BS or BA, with a few varying requirements.

Also, the site you linked for his academic history/baseball stats states that he was a community health sciences major, not general studies. Personally, I'm going to go by what his school states as his major, rather than "Reality TV World."
mjason
mjason

Back to top Go down

Post by harts05 Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:46 pm

FMG2015 wrote:That is a great overview of his athletic career and the two colleges he attended.

It's pretty common for many young adults to attend 5 or more years of school. There's a lot of variables that go into attending college including picking a cheap/expensive school, staying close to home, feeling pressured to go where you're friends go, missing friends/family, change of major or finally figuring out a major and then when you think you've got it figured out often times your previous credits don't transfer. IMO, 5 years in college doesn't equate to incompetence but rather perseverance to graduate with pride that you accomplished everything you put your mind to.

I totally agree! My husband went to college for 5 years, as is my nephew. It is definitely, IMO, NOT a sign of incompetence. Also, being a college athlete takes an immense amount of time...sometimes student athletes take a few semesters longer to complete their degrees. I honestly wish I had stayed for longer than 4 years :yes:

harts05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:46 pm

That other thread was locked by me because the simple rules we have on this forum could not be abided.
After editing posts and editing posts quoting posts that had been edited, it seemed best from a moderator’s POV to lock. Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by BGlover Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Blake is actually a year younger than Garrett his birthday is 22 April 1990 he is a few days younger than Becca. @SFoster
BGlover
BGlover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:00 pm

So Blake graduated sooner than G . Does that mean Blake started selling beer before G started selling something for the medical field? Hugesmile

Last edited by Stone_Hedge on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:04 pm

XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:15 pm

BGlover wrote:Blake is actually a year younger than Garrett his birthday is 22 April 1990 he is a few days younger than Becca. @SFoster

I think that might be wrong. From this post https://www.instagram.com/p/13IOHOHilM/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=yf4h2cvzdedi it seems like he's 1989. Voting records identify him as being 29, which again supports the 1989 claim.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+66
Just Looking
CHO
Minney
XQZME
harts05