SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June  18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:38 pm

SFoster wrote:What he is "entitled" to by law is still HER money he was after in the first place - was my point!  Still doesn't make it right even though "legal".  Plenty of people marry for money! Happens all the time.  He sounds like a money grabber. JMO of course, but based on Kayla's friend source and the fact I can't stand him. laugh out loud
. No, the law is very straight forward in short marriages, where no children or dependent spouses are involved. I don’t kniw how to explain this any other way... he is not entitled to HER money in such circumstances. Courts don’t order you to pay what is YOURS, they order you to hand over half of what is owned jointly. Really straight forward.

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June  18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by SFoster Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pm

He is entitled if he talked her into putting her money into joint accounts. If she owned the house and they put it in both names, he gets half proceeds from the sale. Even IRAs can be split. This is why wealthy people get pre-nups. It's probably not an issue if neither party has much money. But if one spouse is significantly wealthier than the other, that spouse should get a pre-nup. It's not that straight-forward and can get very messy and complicated.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:02 pm

My ex and I were exactly in this situation, coming in with very different financial positions. In 2 months of marriage, you are able to prove what you came in with (even if you put it in a joint account, you can prove origination). Any NEW income or expenditures during that two month period is subject to community property laws and obligations.

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 pm

correct me if I’m wrong but my summary of the situation is they were together for 2.5yrs then married for 2mths. She was emotionally abusive to him Alienated him from is family and friends. He ends the marriage Then settlement is carried out via the courts and she pays him money. Definitely not a harmonious divorce. Two yrs on he is a scarred man pursuing a fiancé on a reality tv show and the ex is now living in Im assuming a happy relationship. If what G is stating is true, In my experience an emotionally abused spouse needs lots of counselling/professional/family support pre and post separation. Often leaving the partner more than once before finally breaking ties and self esteem is generally v low. IMO a spouse would not wake up and decide to leave a new marriage without warning of problems. Not saying not possible but my opinion. Imo G being the victim (submissive partner) does not correlate with the sm likes. The likes IMO indicates the aggressor/bully. As for G narrative on TB pleeeasse do Tptb think we r blind Becca was all in night 1 and G is pursuing her like she is oxygen he requires to breathe. CH even stated G is totally focussed on Becca the whole journey. Now they want us to believe due to his emotionally abusive marriage that he is reluctant to fall for B. IMO he has studied her in detail prior to the show as too many IMO similarities and he appears to highlight them to trigger Beccas memories. B is besotted which IMO is v sad and a reflection of her history. This is all my take in this v sad state of affairs. My heart goes out to all survivors of domestic violence -physical or/and emotional. It is a tough journey. Ps love Nick, Jared& Deans take on the G and B 1-1.

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure wrote:@SFoster  Let me explain it this way... if she indeed had to pay him money after a court battle, it was because they aquired mutual assets during the 2 months they were together and therefore he is entitled to half of that.  Court can be avoided if you agree to follow the law in that regard.   Much more likely he asked for what he was entitled to IMO rather than a calculated money grab.
Thank you so much "BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure" for speaking the truth. So much speculation and imaginary statements without facts are going on that it is refreshing to hear someone state something besides fiction. The marriage did not work- many do not work. Both suffered from this. It is over and they both are free to find love.
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:56 pm

IMO viewers will never fully understand what Garrett went through with his ex wife. We weren't there. We don't walk in his shoes. If Becca is ok with his explanation and he has a lot of qualities she's looking for in a partner it's her life, her choice, her reality.  I'm happy Garrett and Becca found each other and look forward to watching their love story unfold as the season progresses JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Ya ... Garrett is a piece of work .... 🐒

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Slightly off topic but I'm not sure I've seen anyone mention this....

Is it just my tv market or are there no bloopers after the previews this season? Missing them!!
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 pm

luvstx wrote:Slightly off topic but I'm not sure I've seen anyone mention this....

Is it just my tv market or are there no bloopers after the previews this season?  Missing them!!

Do you mean after the end of each episode? Yes, there are.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure wrote:snipped..
.  Dear graciousness almighty... I’m all for speculating but suggesting he is actually the “abuser” and has a “temper” with zero evidence is salacious if untrue IMO..   as for the court ordered divorce settlement, you are not entitled to anything after 2 months of marriage beyond what you personally started with and only that which you acquired in those 2 months is usually split in half (again from personal experience here).  

Yes that's how I felt about his ex when he claims she emotionally abused him on national TV playing IMO the nothing is my fault card.

IMO there is evidence that he may have a temper, and after his explanation of his short lived marriage, I do think that he may be the one who is capable of mentally abusing someone.

Also, there are many possibilities as to why she had to pay him money. If it's is the law in that state,  that during short marriages, whatever you came into the marriage with you leave with, it's not necessary to state "I want half" it's understood, it's the law, why did he need to declare that?

It could be  an Amanda /Josh thing, I bought you a car, I want it back, so she gives him money instead. I don't know the reasoning behind the ex having to pay money and can only speculate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 pm

So let me get this straight...someone who has demonstrated abuse in the form of bigotry towards other humans is now being defended as also being a victim of abuse from his ex wife....kinda interesting that the script has flipped but can’t say I am surprised.....jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:51 pm

I apologize for hijackng.
Divorce settlements can vary w state, judge and attorney as variables.
I’m sure all of us can vouch for personal horror stories.
Rarely, have I seen the female come out for the better. In my state, even with mediation, the process can drag on easily for years. Even after it’s over, sometimes w a real misogynist fork it’s never over.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+69
whit90
Linds911
LiboLRC
nikikass
albean99