SELECT CONTENT

Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - #2

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 -  Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - #2

Post by Frymama Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:06 pm

notarose wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I think, more importantly, he has rhythm and can move well IMO. It would be fun and a much better deal than The Bachelor.
:yes:
This guy has lived some heavy duty stuff. Time for some levity!

IA...seriously, with what he has gone through in his life, I am surprised he wasn't even MORE emotional really, especially when he was WITH Becca IMO. He actually only ever cried when she let him go, and it was minimal tears--more welled-ed up, teary eyes than full-fledged crying until he was doing his ITM.

He was always incredibly calm and composed when sharing about being blindsided by his last girlfriend (that came up twice), his mother's affair and how it was the talk of the town, the shooting..... It is really frustrating to me that people have been so harsh with him to claim he is "unstable". IMO I sincerely see him as an incredibly strong man. Garret cried in front of her, her family and ITM's...several times. Jason got emotional and teared up in front of her and in his ITM. If Jason had been F2, I think you would have see quite a few more tears. Blake was an F2 who thought he was the F1 bc she had given him every indication he was F1 AND admitted that she thought it was him to her sister and him at FRC. When you lose the woman you love and thought loved you (and she actually did although she had not told him) and you were turned down mid-proposal, I think some tears are in order IMO. I would be more concerned if there weren't tears. I would question his sincerity if he didn't have tears. To me, those tears didn't make him seem like less of a man, it made him see more like a man and certainly more like a man who was madly in love and not "bubble Bachelor" love. ALL JMO
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 -  Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - #2

Post by SFoster Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:54 pm

I think the swing dancing that Blake does is country swing. It's not the traditional ballroom swing. He's a country music fan, so that makes more sense. In the video, he says he's teaching the producer, so not dancing with someone who knows country swing dancing. I would love to see him dance with his sister, since I think he took lessons with her and they dance together.
Did anyone else notice that he follows Witney Carson? He had followed the DWTS IG and then unfollowed. But as far as I know he is still following Witney, and none of the other DWTS pros, which has me curious.

He is a cutie x10! It would be nice to have a Bachelor who can dance and bring a little more "entertainment" to the show, and then go on to do DWTS. And let's face it, Sean and Chris S had very little dancing talent. So that's not even a prerequisite for doing DWTS.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frymama Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:27 pm

SFoster wrote:I think the swing dancing that Blake does is country swing. It's not the traditional ballroom swing. He's a country music fan, so that makes more sense.  In the video, he says he's teaching the producer, so not dancing with someone who knows country swing dancing. I would love to see him dance with his sister, since I think he took lessons with her and they dance together.  
Did anyone else notice that he follows Witney Carson?  He had followed the DWTS IG and then unfollowed. But as far as I know he is still following Witney, and none of the other DWTS pros, which has me curious.

He is a cutie x10!  It would be nice to have a Bachelor who can dance and bring a little more "entertainment" to the show, and then go on to do DWTS.  And let's face it, Sean and Chris S had very little dancing talent.  So that's not even a prerequisite for doing DWTS.  

OMG! I literally tweeted @ him that Witney needed to be his partner...HA HA. I LOVE HER!!! Also, if he is Bach and then on DWTS, she is married. So, that would help with all the pressure when it comes to dancing with single partners. Jake was with Chelsea Hightower (single), Sean was with Peta when she was single, and Chris was with Witney when she was single. LOTS of rumors in all 3 cases that these guys had a "thing" or a "fling" with their dancing partners. I believe those all the be false rumors. Nick was with Peta is married now, and I never heard a single rumor about any shenanigans. I know that both Jake, Vienna, Chris, Whitney B, Sean and Cat all said that those rumors were very tough on their relationships. I have heard that it had a lot to do with why Jake/Vienna and Christ/Whitney broke up. Sean said that DWTS, in general, was very hard on their relationship and has cautioned other contestants about doing it. Nick and Vanessa both reported they LOVED the DWTS experience, and there were not any issues regarding the show. So, IF Blake went on the show after TB gig IF he got it, I think it would not be as much of a problem and more just fun than it was for those who had unmarried partners. JMO
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:24 am

Just sending a good juju to the Bachelor Universe  :sprinklehearts

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmO_h75Fyif/?taken-by=blakeforbachelor

I am glad he seems to have found two new friends from that Generous Coffee event : Matt and Eric, both are Ben's good friends. Matt and Eric have been supportive to Blake on SM. I believe both have introduced Blake to Brandi Cyrus, and they have been hanging out at concerts and baseball games. I still find its amazing that Blake felt no need to post any of those events with those big names : Ben, Brandi, ...either he might not in the know that it can increase his followers significantly or..he simply doesn't care..laugh out loud. But I give him mad props for being a rare non-thirsty cast, which is refreshing to see. IMO.

Here is Matt's IG about the event :

Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 -  Discussion - #2 - Page 3 37332610
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlwZwYMHqrT/?taken-by=mattboymagic

Blake has used his new platform to help Ben and Colton in good causes. ( eg: from SD event ) . He has gotten new opportunities, experiences and friends.  As Rachel would say, he is living his best life. So Bachie or Not, i am already happy for him Smiley yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:48 am

Sorry for double posts.

On different note,  from this account IG story the other day i just found out that Blake's fav song is this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcqxLCWn-CE

NGL, it broke my heart a little since its the story about a long, lasting, building each other kind of love which eerily similar to his vows to Becca, ( from 1:45 mark ) sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z65s5JMKzHY

This made me still want to root for him to find his better half on the show cheerleader . From the same IG story* i figured that Blake's fav domestic place to visit  is Nashville, actually. If he is crowned the TB gig, it would be awesome if he gets the chance go there with the girls. Maybe they could set up a Boothcamp Group Date or something...or better yet, production may help to set a FRC site for Shawn to re-propose to Kaitlyn there... Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 -  Discussion - #2 - Page 3 3806527698 (J/K)

*the IG stories comprised of the Admin's DM with Blake, asking him his fav song and fav place to visit. I reckoned Blake doesn't reply to individual DMs (source: reddit and comments on his IGs) while still trying his best to reply/respond to fan accounts's DMs (source: reddit and the IG story in reference).

all IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:31 pm

That video of him after she breaks up with him still pulls at my heart. It's still so hard to watch. ; (
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:05 am

LoveDovez wrote:That video of him after she breaks up with him still pulls at my heart. It's still so hard to watch. ; (

yeah..for once CH lived up to my expectations by saying it was the real, raw, emotional like you have never seen before...and that it was like Jason's break up times 1000 ...LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Joy15 wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:That video of him after she breaks up with him still pulls at my heart. It's still so hard to watch. ; (

yeah..for once CH lived up to my expectations by saying it was the real, raw, emotional like you have never seen before...and that it was like Jason's break up times 1000 ...LOL

@Joy15 So true. Much worse that Jason. The crying was heartbreaking, but to me that last still picture they showed of him you could tell he had been crying and it was such a sad picture to me with him looking off in the distance. It would be hard for that not to get to anybody and I wasn't crazy about Blake.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:16 am

LoveDovez wrote:
Joy15 wrote:

@Joy15 So true. Much worse that Jason. The crying was heartbreaking, but to me that last still picture they showed of him you could tell he had been crying and it was such a sad picture to me with him looking off in the distance. It would be hard for that not to get to anybody and I wasn't crazy about Blake.

i am a fan...and have been watching since Trista season...no tears have been shed for any of the dumpee F2s i rooted for over these centuries laugh out loud . But Blake just did it for me...WTG Blakey!  cheeky

Millsy has said on a podcast that Blake still had the water works the next day hmmm . He really fell and loved hard IMO. A season of him will definitely pulling all of my heart's strings badly..but as a sucker for rare, raw, real emotions coming from this show, it can be a great personal  entertainment and therapy for me... lolpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 am

IMO,
Blake does not have the emotional fortitude and personal strength to come through this process, successfully. If he is the Bachelor, he will wind up with the most ambitious girl and a heart wrecking he doesn’t need, IMO. He’s just ripe for the picking and this show will give him a neon sign and make him a fame-ho magnet. He is a good guy. Too good for what he’s gonna get. Are you watching BIP? Those are the girls this franchise attracts, nowadays. Beautiful, sweet, soft, shapely, bold piranhas - a tearfully lovely shark brigade ready to dump and trade in a heartbeat, IMO. A man has to be confident, experienced, smooth, strong and in control to pick the pearl from these girls. Blake is NONE of the above. JMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Frymama Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:IMO,
Blake does not have the emotional fortitude and personal strength to come through this process, successfully. If he is the Bachelor, he will wind up with the most ambitious girl and a heart wrecking he doesn’t need, IMO. He’s just ripe for the picking and this show will give him a neon sign and make him a fame-ho magnet. He is a good guy. Too good for what he’s gonna get. Are you watching BIP? Those are the girls this franchise attracts, nowadays. Beautiful, sweet, soft, shapely, bold piranhas - a tearfully lovely shark brigade ready to dump and trade in a heartbeat, IMO. A man has to be confident, experienced, smooth, strong and in control to pick the pearl from these girls. Blake is NONE of the above. JMO.

IMO he showed all these qualities-- confidence, experience, smoothness, strength, and control....up UNTIL the producers really started messing with his head.  She even mentioned these qualities in him.  He never cried in front of her until she dumped him, and he really was very composed when in front of her.  His eyes were bloodshot and there was some welling, but he was very in control then.  I thought he handled his exit in front of her incredibly well--probably one of the best I have ever seen--in front of her, IMO.  He did breakdown once he was doing his ITM.  I think anyone who just proposed would cry.  I would question their authenticity if they didn't.  We know they were asking him lots of questions in the ITM's on the last few dates and after the FRC that were setting him up to really be vulnerable.  IMO, it's odd that people don't remember that he shared about a blindsiding breakup where his ex told him she loved him after two months (she told him first), he reciprocated, and then she acted odd the next two days and broke up with him.  That's messed up, IMO.  He had to go through an incredibly embarrassing scandal in a small town as a high school teenager where his mom cheated on his dad with his basketball coach/English teacher/mentor (double betrayal) that he found out about from friends or even strangers in town.  He survived a school shooting where his mom was calling over the loud speakers "Code White" and he knew very well could be one of the first shot in a situation like that AND lost a classmate.  He didn't shed a tear or even have a quiver in his voice when he shared these things with her.  IMO, any human who experiences at least the affair of his mom under that public scrutiny and a school shooting and isn't a bit of a mess...has pretty impressive fortitude.  When he told her how he was starting to worry if she had what she had with him with someone else, and he was honest, but again not a tear or a quiver in his voice.  IMO, she always responded in a way that made it seem like she was reassuring him and giving him a hint that he was worrying for nothing...that he was the guy so don't worry about it.  So, when she kept re-directing his concerns but then said "Well, I thought it was you the entire time but then I just decided there is a better fit for us"  NOt to mention it is blazing hot, and they are exhausted from filming.  I know that when I'm tired, hungry and hot....I am more prone to get more emotional over something that's not a big deal in comparison what happened to him.  

Garrett cried in front of her several times and in front of her parents.  Jason cried in front of her, and Millsy had said Jason cried all the next day.  Why does Blake's crying make him any less capable of handling this process?  Why does his worrying if she is going to pick Garrett make him any less capable?  Garrett's mom talked about what a "dark time" it was for Garrett when his marriage was ending and how she was worried about him bc he was so "in his head" about if he was making the right decision.  Garrett questioned whether she was going to pick him, too.  If Jason was one of the F2, I think you would have heard similar comments.  If he's the lead, he'll control his destiny.  Yes, it will probably be hard to choose between at least the last two, but it always is...and maybe he'll be like some of the Bachelors/Bachelorettes who can tell who it's going to be right from the beginning and the rest is just going through the process to get the blessing of finding true love and a wife.  

IMO Blake will be absolutely fine as the lead in terms of his emotional fortitude.  I do agree that many of the  women will be in piranha mode at a high level, but that just seems to be the trend as the season go on.  IMO he handled the drama in the house amongst the guys better than anyone who stayed very long.  Even Garrett kinda lost it that one night with Chris.  IMO Blake listened and observed but stayed out of it.  I am sure he had opinions, but he didn't find it necessary to be the "right reasons police" or call people out or but his nose where it didn't belong.  That is also a sign of emotional fortitude IMO.  He never lost it on one of the guys or badmouthed anyone in ITM's or with Becca.  So many people always blame the "stress of the house, no phones, no outside contact" on why they lose it and go off on people.  IMO, Blake was always in control in that regard.  IMO, he focused on Becca entirely but also made really strong bonds with the guys (despite the drama) in the house.  Observing SM based on comments and replies, etc., IMO, Blake is very well-liked with the guys always saying very nice things about him in comments or having a really funny banter with him.  So, IMO, the guys wouldn't gravitate toward Blake in the way they did during show and especially post-show if he were this weak emotionally cracked guy.  No one ever talked negatively about him other than that he was starting to get in his head worrying about the one-on-one, which IMO was COMPLETELY justified.  I think it was crappy to give him first one-on-one and last one-on-one of season; they also made him have FS and then last FD, and he also went second on MTP.  He had the curses of death when it comes to date order/timeliness.  IMO, if ever a person could survive the first date curse, you would have thought it would have been Blake.  Even Becca though he would.  And again, you know those producers were poking the bear:  "So, are you upset that she is giving the other guys another one-on-one when you had the first and have waited the longest?"  "What do you think that means?"  "Do you think she has built stronger connections with other guys and you are falling behind?"  

I get it that we all have different preferences on what we find attractive:  looks, personality, body type, etc.  I get it that for some people they don't find Blake attractive, and they find him boring.  There are tons of people who say the exact same about Jason edit
Jason Mesnick & Ben Higgins were notoriously very emotional Bachelors.  Again, you might not be big fans of their or even enjoyed their seasons much, but IMO they did just fine even though they got more emotional than most of the other Bachelors.  For many, IMO it appears that they are two of the fave Bachelors in the franchise, especially Ben. Jason was very hated when he switched to Molly, but now all these years later with their marriage and kids, people IMO seem to really be pleased that they are one of only two marriages (so far).  Sean was also a bit more emotional on Emily and his season that a lot of Bachelors, IMO.  IMO, I see a bit of a trend...the only two Bachelors married, and Ben and Lauren did have one of the longer engagements from the show.  IMO that emotional vulnerability served these men well in having successful or more successful relationships than most of the other Bachelors.  Furthemore, IMO, everyone always wants to know why the Bachelorettes have such a higher success rate.  IMO, again they are more emotionally vulnerable and in touch with emotions and willing to show those without fear.  IMO the expectation for men to be more closed off with emotions and keeping them close to their chest is having a very damaging impact on society.  I see it all the time as a teacher, and it breaks my heart.  I am raising my boys to be strong young men, but I also allow them to show their emotions when they need to bc it isn't healthy for them to hold them in out of fear that people will question their emotional stability. IMO, the strongest men have the strength to be themselves, be transparently honest and vulnerable, and strong enough to not be fearful of what people think when they do show emotion.  All JMO
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Pardon me for passing this on for those interested  (Its not over til its over on Tuesday Morning, i guess?) Praying

Please kindly help #BlakeforBachelor
Sign the Petition and pass it on : https://chn.ge/2LK74Nh  via @Change and VOTE in the Poll: http://share.ew.com/KZRpRsD

We need to reach 1000 and 50% respectively, and pls also help Tweet and RT.

tyvm In Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Blake Horstmann & Giannina Gibelli - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - #2

+36
provenceguy
Jolena
mbl
Norcalgal
ishkabaha