SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by northernviewer Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:09 am

teachbeach72 wrote:An angle that hasn't been mentioned....wondered if/when talking to Jason and Blake about the possibility of being TB, that they were a little more savvy about the contractual obligations, salary or financial gain and attempted to make their own voices/concerns heard.
Jason, with his background and education and banking career, would have to be very calculating about what this show could do for his career down the road. Same with Blake having a secure job with large well known company. Although the lead does get paid, it might not have been enough to cover a years salary for either Blake or Jason, which is about the equivalent of what they would have to give up from the time of the announcement until the next Bachelor is named.

Colton is young, has a charity (giving him flexibility and probably an inconsistent income). It appears that Blake and Jason own their own homes (or have mortgages) in high real estate areas. My thinking is that they might have been more realistic in what they were asking for as compensation and Colton was a better "deal".
MHO ... anyone too savvy for MF ... wouldn’t be on the show in the first place!  Blake and Jason aren’t any better than the rest of the contestants ... they went on the show for the same reason Colton did!  Fame and adventure is the drawing card ... love is a bonus if it should happen.  Tptb couldn’t care less about salaries and th time thy took off ... they are concerned about who can give them the best storyline ... that was Colton.  Blake and Jason were a blip on the Bach scene .... just like the majority of contestants.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:55 am

I don't believe Colton had the best storyline but it's not up to me (unfortunately). Hugesmile

I just now watched Colton's interview on GMA and he did okay, imo. I have a feeling that many of those who aren't happy about it, including me, will go ahead and watch just like always. I'm happier about Colton than I was about Nick and various other Bachelors. I don't like the idea of a bunch of women in their early 20's and hope that none of them will be the next Bachelorette.

I thought the little race they had with the married vs singles was cute.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am

If it’s true about Kendall’s sister Kylie going on Colton’s season I’ll watch for that laugh out loud I really like Kendall so I am curious to see what her sis is like..

Funny thing Kylie only follows Jason (not Colton or Blake)out of the contenders for bach
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:36 am

I'm still on the fence about Colton but I do believe that he wanted it so badly, and as stated in prior posts, that he came on Becca's season with the intention of being the next lead. He's got a good agent and I hope that agent is there for the fallout. There's a pattern in past seasons where a fairly clean and drama free season (in regards to edit) is followed by a $hitshow. I anticipate Colton will be headed into a $hitstorm with a lot of manufactured high drama. Past bachelor leads that are wishy-washy and don't know what they want or need, tend to get themselves into bad situations.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am

albean99 wrote:I don't believe Colton had the best storyline but it's not up to me (unfortunately).  Hugesmile

I just now watched Colton's interview on GMA and he did okay, imo. I have a feeling that many of those who aren't happy about it, including me, will go ahead and watch just like always. I'm happier about Colton than I was about Nick and various other Bachelors. I don't like the idea of a bunch of women in their early 20's and hope that none of them will be the next Bachelorette.

I thought the little race they had with the married vs singles was cute.
I think the bolded is the crux of th issue IMHO 

Like I’ve said before ... I’m sure they know who next lead is going to be early in when filming ... might start with 2 hopefuls and watch how season plays out ... OR they know when casting contestants.  We’re used to it being F2 or F3 ... but IMHO ... they don’t wait to see who’s in those positions .. They make sure the next lead is F2 or F3!
This season they let him finish at F4 so that he wouldn’t be tempted to sleep with Becca and that would ruin this seasons storyline. Tptb don’t care about SM or opinions ... unless it concurs with what they want ... then they’ll pretend they caved to giving viewers what they want laugh out loud  Joe is the rarity ... viewers loved him so he’s given DWTS gig .. but that’s just ABC capitalizingon his popularity for viewers too.  It’s a business ... plain and simple!

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:50 pm

LeapofFaith wrote:If it’s true about Kendall’s sister Kylie going on Colton’s season I’ll watch for that laugh out loud I really like Kendall so I am curious to see what her sis is like..

Funny thing Kylie only follows Jason (not Colton or Blake)out of the contenders for bach

I'm kind of with you in hoping maybe a few of the women are compelling/interesting to make it worth my time to watch.  I am continually aware that by doing so, I am reinforcing all tptb bad choices and rewards for lackluster leads.  laugh out loud  Embarressed! Sadly I still need respite from all the crazy that happens in US these days and the only thing that outdoes this cray is that from TB.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Well, I hear you @pavalygurl! And the International side has a lot to offer, ...sorry if OT but the Russia and Ukraine Bach series are fascinating...and great escape!
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by KK4 Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Wow. This Colton pick surprised me just now. My Mom passed away recently and I have not been paying close attention. Not sure I can watch him week after week. I would have preferred Jason
KK4
KK4

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:09 pm

@KK4 sorry about your mom. I lost mine 4 years ago and miss her so much

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:58 pm

KK4, sending you prayers for the loss of your mom...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:50 am

@KK4 I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugz))

Back to top Go down

Post by flojo031 Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:55 am

charriotoffire wrote:I'm starting to think the producers really like Jason and Blake and didn't have a heart to mess with them.

Blake is too fragile and has a tender loving heart  and Jason has a real profession, he's a corporate banker and he won't be able to deal with client companies if his image is tarnished by this show.

They have to choose someone who literally has nothing to lose as he is unemployed,  incredibly phony, doesn't know how  to truly connect with a woman, doesn't know anything about a woman as he waits for instructions from the host minutes before rose ceremony,    only dates women who are "it girls" according to Raven,  refers to himself  as a "decent human being"  and gives us his charity that he names after himself to prove that he is,  he cries about his virginity every chance he gets,  announces that he doesn't wear underwear  (im picturing skidmarks on white pants ewwe)   list goes on... guy is a walking reality cartoon character,  goldmine for tbtp  as viewers   want to make memes,   tweet about it and hatewatch it.  

Everytime TBTP listens  to the fans,  it ends up a total disaster  for them --  Juan Pablo,  Peter .. so yeah we are being punished.  

First of all, I want to address the situation by saying that Colton f***ing sucks and I still can't believe that those losers chose him. no no WTF were they thinking??!! Suspect What really pisses me off is the fact that they knew a lot of people didn't want him, but yet they still put him in the lead role anyway. Why??! From the moment that I heard they were casting him months ago, I had a bad feeling about that guy. I don't want to come across as childish or overly dramatic, but Colton being the Bachelor is like my worst nightmare. I'm shocked, dismayed and disgusted all at once. hissyfit Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I had such a visceral reaction (negative to the extreme) to someone from the franchise. Actually, scratch that, I can think of someone else: Bentley from Ashley's season.

There's no way in hell that he's serious about finding someone. I mean, the guy literally has nothing going for him. He has nothing to offer a woman. No career, zero personality and looks like a blonde adult version of Boss Baby. I pity the women that they cast for his season, because we all know that he's not genuine or sincere. This season is going to be a clusterf*** of epic proportions and there's no way I'm watching him. I'll read the spoilers and participate on the forum to do some major snarking but that's it. TPTB owe us big time for this, that's all I gotta say. They'd better give us the first black male lead and soon because my patience is running out. :angryemotion Whew, that was a mouthful. I apologize for the lengthy rant, but this whole thing has really got me fired up.

flojo031

Female Posts : 429

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+54
George1218
Cocoasneeze
kraft33
lavenderfan
avacaroline