SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by notarose Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Am curious to hear your opinions on the topic of age.

Colton is 26. The F1 is potentially 23-4.
Do these ages factor in to whether you want to see an engagement?

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:35 pm

IMO an engagement from this show is not equal to an engagement that is a consequence from real life dating. The only thing I expect from the former is increased public awareness of who these two people are and the ability to cash in on that.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 pm

At the end of most movies, there’s a wish for a happy ending. I think having an engagement is TPTB happy ending.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 am

notarose wrote:Am curious to hear your opinions on the topic of age.

An engagement between Colton and his F1 doesn't bother me. What does trouble me to some degree is having such a limited pool (age-wise) from which to select the next bachelorette. It makes it a lot less likely that you are going to find someone like a Rachel, with a law degree and the intelligence, confidence, and sass to go along with it.

The selection of Colton has long-term implications for the show. It makes me wonder if this is a calculated move on the part of producers to take the show in a different direction or to appeal to a new audience. Colton's women are younger, and appear to be more conservative and religious. They are an exceptionally pretty group. I have to wonder if the producers looked at the pool of women interested in Colton, and made their pick of the Bachelor based on those women. What kind of men will they pick for the next Bachelorette? That is my question.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:51 am

Amethyst wrote:
notarose wrote:Am curious to hear your opinions on the topic of age.

An engagement between Colton and his F1 doesn't bother me. What does trouble me to some degree is having such a limited pool (age-wise) from which to select the next bachelorette. It makes it a lot less likely that you are going to find someone like a Rachel, with a law degree and the intelligence, confidence, and sass to go along with it.

The selection of Colton has long-term implications for the show. It makes me wonder if this is a calculated move on the part of producers to take the show in a different direction or to appeal to a new audience. Colton's women are younger, and appear to be more conservative and religious. They are an exceptionally pretty group. I have to wonder if the producers looked at the pool of women interested in Colton, and made their pick of the Bachelor based on those women. What kind of men will they pick for the next Bachelorette? That is my question.

If you go to college immediately after finishing school 18-19 then after 4 years you have a bachelors if you go full-time, 18 months after that you can have a masters. Our 1st years are actually doing their bachelors and masters in five years and taking their CPA exam to boot. So at 18 with five years that would make a contestant 23 or 24.

I think that TPTB are not looking for longevity in the contestants and/or lead, they are looking to attract millennials or younger, that is their market for their advertisers. Whether a couple last months or years isn't in their immediate game plan. Once a couple either marries or has kids, then they become part of the ploy at how successful this social experiment is.

Looking at leads from the beginning, Alex Michel was 32, Aaron Buerge was 28, and Andrew Firestone 28.

Can't be bothered to go thru them all, so the first three series had men in their late 20's/early 30's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bachelor_(U.S._TV_series)#International_versions

Trista was 31, Meredith, I believe, was in her late 20's as well. TPTB started using "younger" women as their leads with Ali - she was 26, I believe Ashley was about 26 (CMIIW) when she appeared on Brad's season and 27 when she chose JP, Andi was 27, JoJo was 26, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bachelorette (some don't have their DOB on this site).

From this it looks to me that they don't really care about age,

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:53 pm

The producers care about having viewers tune in and watch the advertising as that is how money is made for the networks. I think they like having a happy ending as it helps ensure continued loyalty among their viewers. It's pretty amazing this show is still on the air - whoever thought up BIP was genius, as it continually perpetuates having the brand on air and talked about on SM.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Colton has launched Legacy Wine in support of his Legacy Foundation.
IG link
Web link

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:52 pm

@notarose thanks for posting! So that's what he's been up too. He teased something was coming. What a great idea. Love the backstory behind the name.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 pm

Colton is in Pittsburgh doing a boot camp this morning and afternoon raising money for his CF foundation. He was in Chicago earlier This week doing a fundraiser as well. I believe he will be in San Diego this week. He is doing a lot for his charity.

After reading that back I realize I know way too much about his schedule. Oh my. Lol

I didn’t know anything about him before this season as I didn’t watch Becca’s season. What is the reason CF is so near and dear to his heart? It’s so great that he does all he does for the people suffering from this horrible disease.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:24 pm

@Julie81

He will also be in Charlotte NC Feb 23rd which is now sold out.

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 9 Colton-harper

Colton Underwood & his cousin, Harper, who has Cystic Fibrosis and is the reason he started the foundation!
http://www.coltonslegacy.org/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Thanks, GA!
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:26 pm

I’ve seen posts on in the episode thread that Colton goes to meet Cassie in CA.

How do we know this for sure? Is this backed up by sleuthing or are we just going on the basis of unconfirmed spoilers?

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+54
George1218
Cocoasneeze
kraft33
lavenderfan
avacaroline