SELECT CONTENT

Weather - Discussion

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Weather - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 am

@Sprite oh no. I hope it stops soon!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:12 am

@GuardianAngel @Sprite Well, Ontario Canada made our local news in San Francisco last night with pictures of lots of snow! If I didn't know you had really been dumped on, I would have thought it was a slow news night and those pictures were filler! LOL

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:19 pm

Well that wasn't bad at all. London had some snow squalls last night, but it didn't last for too long. We got maybe 2 inches at most. I was at work when it started and by the time I got home and walked the dog about 11:30pm it was done. Now the cold starts. It's supposed to be -20 C tonight...not factoring the wind chill.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:31 pm

@Norcalgal ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 12 3806527698 wow that's great!

@Sprite I'm glad it wasn't bad. Yesterday afternoon it was sunny and some snow started to melt but then that cold front came through and froze everything. It's going to be awhile before I can recover those recycle bags that are buried. ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 12 3806527698

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:35 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Aunties_Love I thought of you when I wrote 'copious rain'. You've had it and more this fall. Hope you're all OK and coping with Mother Nature.

Sorry I hadn't noticed this before. We are doing better. We've had almost a week here without much rain. There was more flooding in the areas of the lower mainland throughout January, but so far in Feb, we are ok. Problem now is trying to shore up the hillsides that lost all the trees to fires last summer so we aren't faced with that amount of flooding and mudslides next fall.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:27 am

@Aunties_Love glad to hear things are ok.

Can someone please make it stop snowing. It started last night, all night, stopped this morning, then started again around 10am and it has not stopped. I've been out four times cleaning my car and shovelling my front porch. I need to get out tomorrow morning and I'm trying to keep up with it so it's not too bad in the morning, but I have a feeling it's going to be a lot. I'm going to have to get up around 6am to deal with it. There is so much flippin snow there's no more room to put it because of the storm we had two weeks ago.

Thank goodness for my neighbour who has snowploughed twice. Once when he got home from work at 4pm and then around 9pm after the snow ploughs came by and dumped a couple of feet of snow at the end of the driveways.

I can't tell you how much I dislike winter. It's the worse! :headbanging

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:53 am

We're getting our little taste of snow and freezing rain here in Texas. It's nothing compared to what you get in the north but we're not prepared for it. We stayed mostly indoors today but hope to get out tomorrow. I just want the ice to melt on the roads. I can handle driving in snow but we don't have winter or all weather tires here.

My toddler granddaughter went out in the snow with her mom & dad today and she had on a snowsuit, knit cap, socks for mittens, and sneakers and loved it. Her Brazilian grandma said that she's showing her Canadian blood. laugh out loud

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:18 am

It's the stuff the road ploughs dump on the bottom of the drive that make me crazy. I can handle the rest but that ice pack that is frozen solid at the end of the drive is a heart attack waiting to happen. Even if you have someone plough for you, who knows when that is going to happen. Since I am working nights I came home in the morning to the pile. Even my new SUV couldn't go over that so I had to park and clean it up. So much for going to sleep when I got home. I was wide awake after that and it took ages to fall asleep and I had to get up after about 4 hours since I had a stupid staff meeting on line. One more week of this craziness and then I'm on vacation for 2 weeks and hopefully back to my regular schedule.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:13 pm

I got up at 5am to check out what I had to deal with. It snowed quite a bit after I went to bed, my car was covered again after cleaning it off 4 times yesterday. As I was cleaning it again the snow plough came by. We love hate that guy. Luckily there wasn't the huge pile at the end of the drive because they came by twice yesterday and my wonderful neighbour snowblowed it twice. But I didn't want to chance it and get stuck so I shovelled off a bit, it was so heavy. Shovelled my porch cleaned the car remote started it twice and it still wasn't enough to melt the ice under the wipers, then shovelled the pile at the end of the drive then go to work!

@Sprite hope the week goes by fast for you. Coming home to that pile is the worst!

@albean99 kids love the snow. I'm sure she had a blast.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 22, 2022 3:34 pm

What was a much anticipated long weekend in Ontario celebrating May 2- 4 (a Canadian thing) turned into a nightmare for some parts of Ontario on Saturday ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 12 3552228123 for all those affected, families of those who lost loved ones, and for power restoration for thousands.

https://twitter.com/StormhunterTWN/status/1528414984757202945

Friday afternoon it was Gaylord Michigan that was heavily damaged by a tornado in a "once-in-a-generation tornado" to start the Memorial Day weekend. sad

Large Tornado Strikes Northern Michigan Town; 2 Killed, Dozens Injured

ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 12 AP22140786685416
https://weather.com/news/news/2022-05-20-gaylord-michigan-tornado-latest

A third in Germany. sad

Tornado in Germany injures 43 people, police say

BBC Weather presenter Chris Fawkes said that Germany usually experiences several tornadoes a year, but most are short-lived and do not cause significant damage.

ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 12 _124842969_hi076157855-1
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61533713

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm

I was driving from London to St. Thomas to pick up food for my dog yesterday. I knew the storm was coming, but it was supposed to be later in the afternoon. It was beautiful and sunny and hardly any clouds and not even 11:30am. It's only an hour for a round trip so I figured I had time. Twenty minutes in and I could see it starting to roll in. Silly me I thought I had time to get to Raw for Pets. It came out of nowhere. It started pouring and then the rain came sideways! Not from above, but literally from the side. It was like someone was standing on the left side of my car with a hose and spraying. Branches were flying. I have never seen anything like it. I couldn't stop to pull over because I couldn't see what was there and this is a country road and just before all the curves. I slowed down and put on my blinkers and was praying that anyone behind me would see me and anyone coming from the other direction could see the road and not slam into me. I was gripping that steering wheel since I could barely see the road. The longest 15 minutes ever. I was shaking by the time I got to the store. And then it cleared up, just as fast as it came. There was some more rain later in the day, but nothing out of the ordinary. When I drove back, as soon as I got into London, the traffic lights were off. Took awhile to get to my house since I am just outside of the core. Finally the two traffic lights close to my house were working so I thought I would have power, but no. Over four hours before it came back, but there were people who didn't get it back till this afternoon. I can't imagine those poor people who lost their lives. There but for the grace of God go I.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon May 23, 2022 4:06 pm

@Sprite I read a headline that said Ontario had issued a tornado watch. Scary indeed. Is this the first time for a tornado warning?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Weather - Discussion